Moparts

sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727

Posted By: pittsburghracer

sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/24/19 08:39 PM

Hmmmmmmmm

Since the cats out of the bag.... We thought it would be cool to share with everyone and see what all our customers think about the new SFI approved case that we will be keeping in stock. These cases will work in a 727, 518, 47RE and a 48RE. There will be multiple bell housings with direct bolt in converters for many applications (available soon).
We are super excited to have gotten to be a part of another product that's making our industry better!
We can not divulge a release date as of yet but 2019 is gonna be a lot of fun!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!

DNJ Components on Facebook
Posted By: tex013

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 12:36 AM

Well thats a interesting titbit .
Wonder how well the bells work , i would hope stock type converter when used against mopar engines .
Certainly be good not having blankets and 40 plus year old cases
Tex
Posted By: A/MP

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 01:33 AM

Looked at the website and FB and didn't see anything. Sent them an email for info.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:07 AM

I asked over at CRT about this a while ago. Never got a response. It's about time someone made an SFI case for Mopars.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:55 AM

Must give kudos to the people that made this happen.Have been thinking about this for several years but could not get my ducks in a row.
An SFI 727 case,not a bolt on bell!!!
Put me down for one Please,,,,,pleeeeeeeeeeez let me keep my pushbuttons!
Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 04:45 AM

This is a game changer for sure. I run a stock case torqueflite in my twin turbo car and the thought of going to a turbo 400 makes me cringe. I sure hope this comes to market. I know I will buy two.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 11:47 AM

This is great news! No more blanket/shield! Sign me up!
Posted By: cl440

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 12:04 PM

Go to DNJ facebook page and scroll down the posts to December 8th
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 12:09 PM

Hopefully it isn't stupid expensive. I'd love to have one.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 12:57 PM

Would you spend 1,500 to 2k$ for 1?
Posted By: Get-X

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Clanton

The Reid Super Hydra case for the T400 is $1500+ so I can't imagine it being any cheaper than those.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:01 PM

Oh I agree and I think the market is for the 600 to 800 hp guys
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:23 PM

2k for just the CASE??? After installing ALL good parts in this thing, how much would you have into a trans? 10K? I'm talking a GOOD convertor, input/output shafts, Valve body, drum, etc. Running a auto isn't cheap anymore.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
2k for just the CASE??? After installing ALL good parts in this thing, how much would you have into a trans? 10K? I'm talking a GOOD convertor, input/output shafts, Valve body, drum, etc. Running a auto isn't cheap anymore.

A big HP manual trans complete must be in that range as well to handle 800 hp consistantly work
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

A big HP manual trans complete must be in that range as well to handle 800 hp consistantly work

You are correct, but that is a trans designed from the ground up as a race piece, not a daily driver trans modified to work. With the race manual trans, you can pick and choose what ever gear ratios you need for your combo. I'm not saying it's for everyone, just saying, running a auto isn't cheap anymore.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Clanton

Nope. I'll keep my CSR shield and stock case. The SFI case would be a luxury to get rid of the shield IMO, nothing more. If I have to spend that much for just a case, that's gonna be one stupid expensive 727. I'll go to a powerglide and reap those benefits for that kind of money.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 04:51 PM

I bet this case will be $2500.00
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 06:41 PM

Photos from Facebook. This company has been in business ten years to it may really happen.

Attached picture SFI!.jpg
Attached picture SFI2.jpg
Attached picture SFI3.jpg

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 08:07 PM

I personally would never go back to a 727 but this would be great if it comeswould true and is affordable. It looks like they used their heads and made it so the bellhousing is interchangeable so guys can switch to small and big blocks if desired. Know guys have to figure out what their feet and legs are worth if something bad were to happen. It would also be nice to see an added safety liner like ATI has in their powerglide cases.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/25/19 09:43 PM

Up here, the salt eats away at the starter register. The last time I helped a guy convert to a big block, three cases were junk in that area. It wasn't easy to even locate B, RB trans. I ended up buying an nos case from Rick, at A&A.
Posted By: dvw

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 01:04 AM

My son and I haven't had a problem with stock input, output shafts, or stock case. Both make over 850hp. In fact I cant think of anyone I know that's had an issue with those components either.
Doug

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 03:16 AM

Besides the drum exploding what will total a stock case handle?? I am putting well over a 1000 hp through a stock one and had to upgrade some internals like the drum and planets.
Posted By: moparx

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 01:42 PM

how can the case work with the 727 plus all the OD variants ? i thought where the OD bolted up, there are different hydraulic circuits, or are these blocked off somehow to allow this case to be used as a 727 ?
beer
Posted By: Twostick

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
how can the case work with the 727 plus all the OD variants ? i thought where the OD bolted up, there are different hydraulic circuits, or are these blocked off somehow to allow this case to be used as a 727 ?
beer

I wondered that myself. It would be nice to be able to put a 518 behind a 440 without a bunch of cobbled up band aids to make it happen but the price point this piece will land at IF it ever gets made will make that a nonstarter.

Kevin
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 03:30 PM

I am very interested in an SFI 727 case, and would be a buyer, even at $2k. My '64 Dodge has a Powerglide in it (since the mid-90's), and is still miserable to work around with a bell shield and a blanket. Being able to eliminate those two items, and put a 727 back in the car (which is on my to-do list) without cutting the floor would be awesome. I do not want to cut the floor out of the car, as the car is kind of the poster child for 727 explosions (Yes, it's THAT '64 Dodge).

Attached picture IMG_3481.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Leigh
Up here, the salt eats away at the starter register. The last time I helped a guy convert to a big block, three cases were junk in that area. It wasn't easy to even locate B, RB trans. I ended up buying an nos case from Rick, at A&A.

I suppose that is true in some parts of the country but around here I had a hard time even selling bare 727 cases. I have 5 or 6 big block cases that I tried to sell and people didn't want to pay much for them. Hard to get $100 for one since you can buy a complete trans for that on CL. (used and in unknown condition)

Hardcore Mopar guys will want a new SFI case. I doubt the mfg will sell a ton of them but they'll sell enough to make money on the deal. The smart money would be on selling the case to other dealers such as ATI and the big trans shops rather than selling them retail. That lets everyone make some money.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 09:13 PM

If they are a fair price, I will take one. Never subscribed to the power glide controversy myself, so this makes sense. Hopefully they put some thought into it for bell housings, and relocating the breather, and even adaptability to a GV's....
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/26/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

If you look at the case where the valve body bolts up at the rear, the 3-speed and the OD are the same, depends on how the passages are routed into the tail from there.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/27/19 12:52 AM

It looks to me like it could be machined for either or, but not both.
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 12:46 PM

I would take one when available...
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 02:44 PM

The market for these is most likely going to be the diesel truck arena and some for the drag race market - the diesel market is ramping up big time. extreme mopar drag racers probably have already moved to the Reid case and a turbo 400 or glide - just way more hard parts available for those set-ups
Posted By: racerx

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 02:57 PM

curios on the weight of these cases work, compared to a stock case.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 03:57 PM

If a guy already had a built 727, this is good insurance beefing up the case. IMO the thing I hate about my RMVB shift pattern is being stuck in 3rd with no handy neutral if something breaks. If that could be changed back to a normal pattern and keep the brake I might keep the 727. That adapter bell would make changing between a SB and BB easier also, as I would have to replace the case anyways to put a Gen 3 with it. Or get a glide for one.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Airwoofer
IMO the thing I hate about my RMVB shift pattern is being stuck in 3rd with no handy neutral if something breaks.

"Clean Neutral" and "Safe Neutral" VB's have Neutral directly behind 3rd. Requires a shifter set up for them.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/28/19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
IMO the thing I hate about my RMVB shift pattern is being stuck in 3rd with no handy neutral if something breaks.

"Clean Neutral" and "Safe Neutral" VB's have Neutral directly behind 3rd. Requires a shifter set up for them.

Me thinks I have clean Neutral when I press "N" whistling

Attached picture 5.15.16 050.jpg
Attached picture 5.23.18 002.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/29/19 12:05 AM

Best I can tell they've been developed for the diesel truck market. The bell housing mount pattern isn't the same as the ATI or Reid bells, they'll be offering their own bell housings as well. I know nothing about the particulars of Cummings diesels, I have no idea what the bell housing pattern is, so you might be waiting a while to see something that fits your SB or BB. Hopefully they offer something that takes the aftermarket bells we have already.
Posted By: moparx

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/29/19 02:21 PM

-itis, i wondered about that, and i think i may have even asked about it, but [as my mind always works - or doesn't laugh2] i forget what the answer was, or is. mr. kunkle may have given me the answer.
please refresh me sir. the pushbutton function - clean neutral.
is it possible for the button to bypass 2nd and first fast enough from drive to effectively have a "clean neutral" ?
TIA as always. bow
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/29/19 05:07 PM

I had A1 converter in my old 1963 M.W. stocker and had them freshen the tranny, they installed a RLBA valve body in it without telling me about what it would do going into neutral, I had to stop punching neutral at the finish line so it wouldn't grab low gear shock rant
I hated that V.B. down
I had a spare T/A RMVB in the other tranny and swap it out after that race up

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/29/19 05:14 PM

The PB shifter moves the manual valve through 2 and 1 before arriving at N, same as any lever shifter.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/30/19 12:19 PM

Hey, any new part for a mope is a good thing!

For sure a big improvement for the 727. Great for class racers that have to run a mope tranny.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/30/19 07:32 PM

The PB shifter moves the manual valve through 2 and 1 before arriving at N, same as any lever shifter.

Thanks,I will say that after clicking "N" and turning the key off I never felt any pulldown like a downshift shruggy

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/30/19 07:40 PM

I've slammed mine from high to neutral many times w/ no problem. Reverse MVB and 1/4 stick shifter. Just had trans rebuilt...no issues from the builder. Not saying it's good and I don't do it often, just my experience.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 04/30/19 07:44 PM

44 plus years of racing and I never could understand the putting it in neutral after the finish-line mentality. I do know of a few cars that were totaled by doing silly top end transmission gear changes.
Posted By: jkwedge540

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 05/01/19 12:57 AM

When are they going to be available? I need one now!
Posted By: A/MP

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 05/01/19 01:55 AM

Just got some info on the new case. There are foundry issues at present. It will be several months before a viable case is ready for market.

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 05/01/19 02:20 AM

My Son showed me this one tonight.

How to do a burn-out with a 727 transmission. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsXO2pKKvy8

Re: sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727 - 05/01/19 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
44 plus years of racing and I never could understand the putting it in neutral after the finish-line mentality. I do know of a few cars that were totaled by doing silly top end transmission gear changes.

I click it off to read the plugs work
© 2024 Moparts Forums