Moparts

shameless plug / MoKan event

Posted By: tubtar

shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/20/19 02:44 PM

Man , I wish I lived closer , because this looks like a good time waiting to be had.
As an added attraction , a friend who does Ed Roth ish artwork will be on hand , and will have set up drawing tables for the kids to practice their skills.
At last report , there are 23 nitro funny cars scheduled to compete.
NHRA can't remember the last time they had 23 floppers show up for an event.

Attached picture Funny Car Chaos.jpg
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/20/19 03:52 PM

I love Mokan but the fact that they are going to run nitro funny cars down that track is terrifying lol

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/20/19 08:20 PM

Kind of like how it used to be at every track that ran nitro cars. lol
I wonder if they will keep them to 1/8 mile ?
I know they did that for one deal when it was very windy and was a problem for the quicker cars.
Posted By: 1moparcrazy

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/21/19 02:54 AM

Not all cars are nitro cars. It's a no rules environment , nitro and alky, yes it's only 1/8th mile. Everyone ran there last year no problems. My car is alky and we run low 4's. I sold my Challenger and have new car this year. Lowly Ford, but all Hemi underneath. Old car below.

Attached picture QC_nost2014_0083.JPG
Posted By: 1moparcrazy

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/21/19 03:07 AM

New Car

Attached picture 2018 FunnyCarNationals-KeystoneRacewayPA-7-13,14-2018 (400).JPG
Posted By: GY3

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/21/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
I love Mokan but the fact that they are going to run nitro funny cars down that track is terrifying lol

Even 1/8 mile (which is what the faster classes at that truck run) is sketchy! I've run a door car there over 120mph in the 1/4 and it is very hard to get shut down.

The Hot Rod Reunions they have there in Fall and Spring are a must-see if you are in the area!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/21/19 04:53 PM

I think last time I was there I was running 122 or so, the car is faster now but I also added disc brakes to the rear. In Tulsa we have a 1/2 mile of uphill shut down and I barely use the brakes, at Mokan I have the brake pedal covered waiting for the stripe lol

Re: shameless plug / MoKan event - 04/21/19 09:35 PM

Both are way cooler than anything in my garage.
Have fun and stay between the armco.
© 2024 Moparts Forums