Moparts

homemade procharged efi manifold ideas

Posted By: rebel

homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 06:07 AM

I'm thinking of going pro charger in the next couple of years & was thinking making it port injection efi. I have this idea in my head of using a dual 4bbl low rise manifold, weld stubs onto the ports to drill out for the injectors, make a plenum box over the top of the carb flanges & adapting a throttle body on the front. Edlebrock make a manifold that i quite like, except its for an RB motor & i have a B block. So, not being afraid of fabricating my own parts, I was wondering if my plan is fessible. I have my own gear to port heads so i could cut open all the plenum space under the carb flanges to make a bigger plenum, do any pro chager guys on here think this is a project worth persueing? I just dont want an agricultural bent pipe poking into the top of my carb. my engine already sits quite high, i'm trying to keep it low & stealthy. Opinions from any that know are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 06:59 AM

I've seen a bunch of the Offenhauser dual quad manifolds adapted for roots blowers. The mods you are talking about would be easy on one of those. And they made them for the low deck, I had one on a 383.
Posted By: dvw

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 10:18 AM

I'd use the Indy madman instead. But why not just a single plane with a throttle body?
Doug

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
I'd use the Indy madman instead. But why not just a single plane with a throttle body?
Doug

i want to keep it low, if i built a plenum, it would be no higher than say a Dominator carb.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 01:38 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't work, the box plenum seems be real common in forced induction applications.

I have the itch to go boost and would probably have a top built for my tunnel ram with a front or side mount throttle body like you mentioned. If I did that I could put my stock hood back on.

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 10:40 PM

Ok so far no ones knocking this idea, next question, can a dual low rise manifold be ported to max wedge?
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: homemade procharged efi manifold ideas - 04/18/19 11:52 PM

Well if you are already welding the injector bungs you can add some material around the ports so you can begin hogging it out to max wedge size shruggy
Gus beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums