Moparts

A new best and take a ride

Posted By: WHITEDART

A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:00 AM

This was from the clocks off n/a 10.5 race in Sacramento.. . So we only got our half of the time slip we had an excellent time crazy amount of people on The Starting Line not something I was used to.. we ended up going all the way to the final . Unfortunately things did not go our way due to a bobble in the carburetor. It did not come up on the break as I needed it to... but none the less we ended up bringing home a nice stack of cash..

Attached picture 20190414_173440.jpg

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:01 AM

https://youtu.be/cMBBYj5LS-8
Posted By: Get-X

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:53 AM

Any time you can go racing and come home with more money then you left with it's a good day! All those people on the line while a high horsepower car is doing a burnout is insane though, that looks really dangerous. We used to street race on French road here in Michigan and I saw people get run over by a Mustang that got loose, it wasn't pretty.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:54 AM

Very nice. Can’t wait to watch it again on my desktop. Congratulations for bringing home some money

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Very nice. Can’t wait to watch it again on my desktop. Congratulations for bringing home some money
thanks John
Posted By: GY3

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 02:58 AM

Awesome job!

I love seeing the videos of that car!
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 04:30 AM

Saw your Dart there yesterday beautiful car . That was my first time there at a Boddie event it was crazy with the crowd and Harley’s there attempting to race. Congrats
Posted By: CSK

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 04:41 AM

WOW !!! That car is impressive !!! DANG
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 10:54 AM

Nice run. Looks like you have your routine down to a science. That is a lot of people on the line. Who ever ok'd that? Looks like it could be a problem if something went wrong.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 12:28 PM

Looks like a great time! You have that dart HONKIN!! Some gelt is the icing!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 12:50 PM

Man that thing sounds good!

Yall need to come down south to race if you want the chance to run over someone on the starting line, lol. Happens all the time around here...every shootout I've been to and/or raced in. They make stupid people every day to replenish the ones that get run over by standing too close to these cars.

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by joes68340s
Saw your Dart there yesterday beautiful car . That was my first time there at a Boddie event it was crazy with the crowd and Harley’s there attempting to race. Congrats
thanks man and it was nice to meet you .
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:04 PM

Nice! up
Posted By: CSK

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

Yall need to come down south to race if you want the chance to run over someone on the starting line, lol. Happens all the time around here...every shootout I've been to and/or raced in. They make stupid people every day to replenish the ones that get run over by standing too close to these cars.

LMBO!!!! They make stupid people every day to replenish the ones that get run over by standing too close to these cars

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

. I'll tell you it was a new experience for me they don't tolerate that at any of the tracks that we normally race at... kind of a major distraction in my. Opinion.. but it was a full house I guess it's a way of keeping the patrons active in the sport thank God we didn't run over anyone.. it was definitely organized chaos
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 02:42 PM

Love the videos, what a screamer that thing is, thanks for the post.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 03:49 PM

Congratulations! That car is badass! boogie
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 03:57 PM

that time slip says it all.....one very fast small tire mopar..NA ! ! !

Congrats on the win !
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 04:36 PM

That car just keeps getting better!
Great Job!
Keep up all the hard work!

beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 04:46 PM

Was this a small tire ONLY race, if so what size and type?, and where power adders allowed?

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Was this a small tire ONLY race, if so what size and type?, and where power adders allowed?
10.5 tire N/A. Only
Posted By: theraif

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 07:36 PM

seeing your steering wheel made me chuckle , i really dont see an issue with that type i like them
Posted By: mills.mopar

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 08:11 PM

I really like your dash! I need one bad...

Jeff

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by mills.mopar
I really like your dash! I need one bad...

Jeff
. Kevin from Unlimited makes a great carbon Dash worth every penny..

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 08:49 PM

[quote=theraif]seeing your steering wheel made me chuckle , i really dont see an issue with that type i like it ... so I had the grant Pro Stock steering wheel with the yellow lace I saved a little over 1 pound going to this steering wheel.. it was all black I took a unibit stuck it in the cordless and made all the radius holes shiny

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by WHITEDART
[quote=theraif]seeing your steering wheel made me chuckle , i really dont see an issue with that type i like it ... so I had the grant Pro Stock steering wheel with the yellow lace I saved a little over 1 pound going to this steering wheel.. it was all black I took a unibit stuck it in the cordless and made all the radius holes shiny

who makes this wheel ?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 08:59 PM

What's that car weight at the line now?
Posted By: tboomer

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 09:01 PM

That was pretty cool!

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 09:02 PM

2800.with the hood.

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
that time slip says it all.....one very fast small tire mopar..NA ! ! !

Congrats on the win !

. Thanks man the steering wheel came from Applied Racing Technologies Art
Posted By: tubtar

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 09:20 PM

I like your " practiced manner of a fellow who's been there before " approach.
All those people would have been seriously unnerving.
It looks like the front end is staying down here ?
Definitely sticking and ticking.

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by tubtar
I like your " practiced manner of a fellow who's been there before " approach.
All those people would have been seriously unnerving.
It looks like the front end is staying down here ?
Definitely sticking and ticking.
. The track had some real teeth.. so we had a drag radial tune up in the shocks.. . I don't think the Willy bars ever contacted the ground. . The Wheelies definitely bring some excitement.. but haven't been the fastest way down the track for us...
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 11:04 PM

You weren’t kidding when you said only Mopar there. Other than Helcats you were the Mopar show. I just wish they would show the speed or ET, but I get it. Would like to have seen what Kye Kelly was running. What is your local track.
Posted By: scottb

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/15/19 11:44 PM

2800 with the driver very impressive
Posted By: scrapmetal

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 12:24 AM

Very nice smooth quick pass
Posted By: Jason B

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 12:40 AM

Very nice picked up a few more I see.. !!

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by joes68340s
You weren’t kidding when you said only Mopar there. Other than Helcats you were the Mopar show. I just wish they would show the speed or ET, but I get it. Would like to have seen what Kye Kelly was running. What is your local track.
. Irwindale or Fontana is our local track
Posted By: RedB

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 01:45 AM

That's a BAD ASS Car ! Thanks for the ride .
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 03:11 AM

Very nice!! and congrats on going so far
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 03:47 AM

You mean you drive it with a hoodie? LOL.
If so, I can see most people lining up at the starting line gauntlet like they were to just to get a glimpse at the Reaper. That car is killer.
Posted By: mafo

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 09:40 AM

awesome... up

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 03:21 PM

Thanks guys.. we're going to be making some changes that will make the car more user-friendly.. going to move the racepak record button to the back and outside. Also going to be switching to a smaller carburetor.. one of the challenges with the big carburetor is keeping the intake manifold wet enough . To get the engine to come up on the break.. which typically requires lots of footwork.. it seems like the guy running the tree up there was used to the turbo cars and not giving us much time at all to get up on the break before they would hit the button.. I learned a couple valuable lessons this outing for sure..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 04:25 PM

You don't need a record button on the car at all. You can set it to record to any one of a number of parameters. Transbrake release, given engine RPM, Water temp, oil pressure, whatever you like really. Eliminates any issues with not recording. I use RPM myself, many use brake release.

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
You don't need a record button on the car at all. You can set it to record to any one of a number of parameters. Transbrake release, given engine RPM, Water temp, oil pressure, whatever you like really. Eliminates any issues with not recording. I use RPM myself, many use brake release.

I use rpm also, 5000 this way it starts recording in the burnout.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr

I use rpm also, 5000 this way it starts recording in the burnout.

I do the same that way no one forgets to hit the button. Also I extend the record time as there are some guys who just take forever in TS to get in the beams
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 07:15 PM

you the man ! good job ! see you in vegas.
This was from the clocks off n/a 10.5 race in Sacramento.. . So we only got our half of the time slip we had an excellent time crazy amount of people on The Starting Line not something I was used to.. we ended up going all the way to the final . Unfortunately things did not go our way due to a bobble in the carburetor. It did not come up on the break as I needed it to... but none the less we ended up bringing home a nice stack of cash..
Posted By: LA360

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 10:09 PM

Shiloh, have you got a two or three speed in the car? I can't remember, haha

I couldn't remember if you were geared for 1/8 mile racing or not

Cheers

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/16/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by LA360

Cheers
.. we run a 2-speed and we'll trap at 9200 in the quarter the only reason why we haven't geared for the 8th is starting line ratio on the crappy tracks we've been racing on however they have been getting better lately and I have been entertaining the idea of increasing the rear gear substantially..

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/17/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
Looks like a great time! You have that dart HONKIN!! Some gelt is the icing!
. I couldn't post the picture on the p.m. the shift light after looking at the data with set at 8900.

Attached picture Screenshot_20190416-174001_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/17/19 05:23 AM

This car is so impressive. Great video. Congrats on your new best ET!!
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/17/19 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by LA360

Cheers
.. we run a 2-speed and we'll trap at 9200 in the quarter the only reason why we haven't geared for the 8th is starting line ratio on the crappy tracks we've been racing on however they have been getting better lately and I have been entertaining the idea of increasing the rear gear substantially..

Keep up the good work as you've got it running hard....We went from 3.89 to 4.29 in the rear and not sure if the move was to much but time will tell !!
Posted By: 65signet

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/18/19 08:59 PM

I do not attend Boddie races, but really wanted to go, just so i could see your car in person, you should come back for our Mopar race in September, your car would be a big hit with fans. Love the sound of that engine
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/18/19 10:12 PM

Congrats on the win, and especially for the whole build! Very impressive! Must have been making about 900hp on that pass??👍

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/18/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 65signet
I do not attend Boddie races, but really wanted to go, just so i could see your car in person, you should come back for our Mopar race in September, your car would be a big hit with fans. Love the sound of that engine
. Would have been great to meet you hopefully in the future we are working on coming up in September just have to get a lot of ducks in the row

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/18/19 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
Congrats on the win, and especially for the whole build! Very impressive! Must have been making about 900hp on that pass??👍
.. Greg thank you for your kind words... mile per hour is a good indicator of horsepower I think Wallace is based off of a sea level calculation.. I always try to use Wallace as my ruler we have a love-hate relationship.. . That Pass was in killer air. For us but still above 1100 feet..

Attached picture Screenshot_20190418-163305_Chrome.jpg

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/19/19 12:53 AM

You would LOVE Atco or Cecil,,,,there are days with mineshaft air upwards to 600 below eek
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/19/19 12:54 AM

Come to the North East during coal miners daughter air and that pup will make history.
Posted By: TC67CUDA

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/19/19 01:09 AM

Talked to you in the pits briefly comparing Irwindale and Sacramento altitude and you came out with a new best is great. Your race with the New School Charger the announcer was saying New School Dodge or Old School Dodge and Old School Dodge wins! That was a close race we were sitting at the 1/8 mile finish line and you got him by 1/2 car. Congrats

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/19/19 01:24 AM

LIKE button up

Re: A new best and take a ride - 04/19/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by TC67CUDA
Talked to you in the pits briefly comparing Irwindale and Sacramento altitude and you came out with a new best is great. Your race with the New School Charger the announcer was saying New School Dodge or Old School Dodge and Old School Dodge wins! That was a close race we were sitting at the 1/8 mile finish line and you got him by 1/2 car. Congrats
it was nice to meet you the charger was crazy fast I had no idea it ran like that.. it looked like a 13 second car at best the owner was super cool as well I think he got bit by the bug and will be back
© 2024 Moparts Forums