Good luck.

Dennis
Posted By: dvw

Re: Memphis - 03/17/19 01:39 AM

Get er done
Doug
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Memphis - 03/17/19 06:35 AM

I guess you were at street Outlaws, I was there and asked I guess your son {the driver} about the car and got an un-enthusiastic response. He just said it was a 505/powerglide.
Posted By: Edge

Re: Memphis - 03/17/19 02:38 PM

Best of luck
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Memphis - 03/17/19 03:59 PM

Good luck! Hope no one crashes this time. luck
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Memphis - 03/17/19 04:51 PM

Good Luck !
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Memphis - 03/20/19 06:06 PM

Well I have a chance to be on TV lmao. Spun pretty bad, had ice all over the car from it being so cold. Raced Carp. Them guys are fast.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Memphis - 03/20/19 08:19 PM

I was there it was cold ! Was your car the 65 or so Orange Coronet w the 505? I asked the driver about it but got am un enthusiastic response. He said it had a 505/powerglide.....

Re: Memphis - 03/21/19 12:38 AM

No I had the Avenger there
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Memphis - 03/21/19 03:17 AM

up
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Memphis - 03/21/19 03:28 PM

Did it air yet? Let us know when you get your 10 seconds of fame up
Posted By: racerx

Re: Memphis - 03/22/19 09:26 AM

How many Mopar's were there? work
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Memphis - 03/24/19 10:12 PM

We went to JJ’s race in Miss this weekend. What a blast it was. We were only there on Friday. I haven’t seen a video yet, but Carp crashed and rolled bad on Sat. He’s ok from what I read.

Dennis
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Memphis - 03/24/19 10:26 PM

Sucks Carp crashed, I really like his car and at least from the show he seems like a good dude.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 01:41 AM

that bites about carp,there coming to st.louis to film in april,the there coming back here in September to bonne terre drag strip for jjs arm drop which I will run in for fun only
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 12:35 PM

FastMop...sucks you spun and lost, but at least you got out there and ran them! Good friend of mine is going up there to race them at the end of next month...small block nitrous deal supposedly. Any advice? lol

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 03:01 PM

“Any advice? lol‘

Jump, because they most likely will...lol

Dennis
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy
“Any advice? lol‘

Dennis

Or just sit...seems like they jump about every time.

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by cudaboy
“Any advice? lol‘

Dennis

Or just sit...seems like they jump about every time.
Yep, that would be a legit strategy too.

Dennis
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 05:37 PM

I think if I was driving and saw JJ arms, or who ever was starting them, start to move I would make my move up
The OKC boys video the starting line and don't like you to do that so EXACT details on what makes a jump would need to be discuss before racing devil scope
Posted By: dvw

Re: Memphis - 03/25/19 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I think if I was driving and saw JJ arms, or who ever was starting them, start to move I would make my move up
The OKC boys video the starting line and don't like you to do that so EXACT details on what makes a jump would need to be discuss before racing devil scope

There is no "jump" by Memphis rules. Chase is a race. If one guy jumps and you chase the race is on. If your oponent jumps and you don't move, then he would loose. Think about it. We all leave .4-.5 before the green light. These guys are leaving before the arm drop for sure. But the have it down to a science. The car isn't moving until the arms drop. But the drivers process has started well before that time.
Doug
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Memphis - 03/26/19 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

There is no "jump" by Memphis rules. Chase is a race. If one guy jumps and you chase the race is on. If your opponent jumps and you don't move, then he would loose. Think about it. We all leave .4-.5 before the green light. These guys are leaving before the arm drop for sure. But the have it down to a science. The car isn't moving until the arms drop. But the drivers process has started well before that time.
Doug

I have seen on the show where one of the racers did move before his arms went up and the other racer didn't move so that racer won by the other car jumping work
When we would race on the streets in SO CA we would, the out of town racers, we would make sure that the starters arms had to be starting down before we could "jump". The starters would point to each car and look for the head nod or thumbs up and once they saw that they would raise their arms above their shoulders and then drop them. If you started to move before the arms where coming down you jumped. I was accuse more than once of jumping but when I explained I saw his arms start down and then hit the throttle instead of waiting for his arms to be pointed straight down before gassing it I usually won the arguments shruggy work
Some times I would wait until I saw the other car start to move before flooring it when I knew I could beat them badly devil whistling
That tactic would sometimes allow me to milk that cow twice or more whistling boogie

Re: Memphis - 03/26/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
FastMop...sucks you spun and lost, but at least you got out there and ran them! Good friend of mine is going up there to race them at the end of next month...small block nitrous deal supposedly. Any advice? lol

Test test test. I did. Thought I had a great street tune. It didn't work on there road. The road we were on was no where near the road I tested on or the road I raced them on last time. The new road sux even with rubber on it. Cars that always dead hook blew the tires off.
© 2024 Moparts Forums