Moparts

ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing

Posted By: RylisPro

ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/16/19 06:01 PM

Here is our fuel cell unboxing video

We opted for the MAX all-aluminum option but for some reason ATL sent us a steel fill plate?
It will be going in our 73 Challenger build

Just wanted to thank Shatar4 for hooking us up!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tubtar

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 10:51 AM

I prefer to cut the carton off of the foam shell , then peel that away to reveal the product.
I hate to veer off course , but I have to ask what kind of shank you sliced the carton open with ?
I am a long time collector of sharp and pointy things.
It had a Benchmade look and feel , but I never got a good look at it.
And I will be judging you harshly if your reply has either " Wal-Mart " or " Chinese " in any part of the description. lol
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tubtar
I prefer to cut the carton off of the foam shell , then peel that away to reveal the product.
I hate to veer off course , but I have to ask what kind of shank you sliced the carton open with ?
I am a long time collector of sharp and pointy things.
It had a Benchmade look and feel , but I never got a good look at it.
And I will be judging you harshly if your reply has either " Wal-Mart " or " Chinese " in any part of the description. lol

It clearly has the Benchmade Butterfly on it, my guess is the Infidel
Posted By: moparx

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by cdwmotorsports

It clearly has the Benchmade Butterfly on it .......

i always thought a "benchmade butterfly" was a sex aid ? biggrin [i couldn't help it. whistling]
beer

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 04:54 PM

I will be judging you harshly if your reply has either " Wal-Mart " or " Chinese " in any part of the description. lol

Benchmade 908BK Axis Stryker. No walmart chinese here
[Linked Image]
Made in USA!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jcc

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 05:31 PM

up and very smart.

Curious, what purpose are the 6? black tabs spaced around filler plate for?

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 05:41 PM

Not exactly what the 6 black plastic tabs are for? They don't locate anything or hold the fill plate down any further?
Both our fuel cells have them though. I'll ask ATL tomorrow when I call them for the aluminum fill plate.
[Linked Image]

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 05:54 PM

I wonder if an un intended consequence of this upgrade might be, other's behind you on the track will be less worried about using their chrome horn? laugh2

Let us know.

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by RylisPro
I will be judging you harshly if your reply has either " Wal-Mart " or " Chinese " in any part of the description. lol

Benchmade 908BK Axis Stryker. No walmart chinese here
[Linked Image]
Made in USA!
[Linked Image]

Good man.
I EDC a 9051. lol

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/17/19 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by cdwmotorsports

It clearly has the Benchmade Butterfly on it .......

i always thought a "benchmade butterfly" was a sex aid ? biggrin [i couldn't help it. whistling]
beer

Man , oh man...........what have I started. LOLOLOL

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/18/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
up and very smart.

Curious, what purpose are the 6? black tabs spaced around filler plate for?

[Linked Image]
Just talked to Mr. Ron Ross at ATL and he was cool enough to send me the correct aluminum fill plate for the MAX option. He said he's never seen that happen before haha! Below is the `Cuda's red aluminum plate which weighs 2 pounds less than the blue steel plate.
[Linked Image]
As for the 6 black plastic tabs, they are there to help grab onto the aluminum box so it does not move around. The fill plate is mostly bolted down onto the hard rubber bladder inside. If it were not for the 6 black tabs, one could just push down on the fill plate and the hard bladder would shift inside the aluminum box.
[Linked Image]

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/26/19 02:16 AM

ATL Racing made things right and sent us the correct aluminum fill plate!

Just wanted to thank Mr. Ron Ross at ATL Racing for being cool and working with us.
[Linked Image]

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/26/19 02:07 PM

The tabs are still unclear to me, might just be me. shock

What internal pump/pickup solution did you decide on?

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/26/19 10:03 PM

Hey jcc,

The tabs are a way for the fill plate to "grip" onto the aluminum box better. If the tabs were not there then the fill plate and bladder would be able to shift or be pushed down inside the aluminum box.

As for the fuel pump it is a Walbro GSS340 style EFI pump inside a "black box" with 3 trap doors to help centralize the fuel.
[Linked Image]

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/26/19 10:50 PM

Does anything "locate:" the black box, other then the foam?
That's also nice BTW, what one has to do when they keep adding wider tires. laugh2

Re: ATL Racing Fuel Cell unboxing - 03/27/19 12:23 AM

The foam is pretty sturdy and secure as the black box is wedged in tight and nowhere to go.
That being said the foam in the `Cuda is getting to be 5 years old and requires replacement very soon.

Going to make a video on how to replace the fuel cell foam after we get back from Spring Fling Speed Festival April 11th at Willow Springs International Raceway. Hopefully I don't light myself on fire from all the gasoline fumes haha!
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums