Moparts

When you don't love your Mopar!

Posted By: Dragula

When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 01:39 AM

This happens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1kdie56LM
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 01:53 AM

I don’t see a problem. It’s a fast grudge car.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 02:05 AM

Definitely making some steam.
When you can yank the hoops at the stripe , you are making some certified steam.
Posted By: GY3

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 04:00 AM

Love it! Badass grudge car that gets it!

In a world of Fox bodies, it definitely stands out.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 04:01 AM

I thought that thing was chevy powered?
Posted By: racerx

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By 64hemi330sedan

Bingo.....I believe this is what the op is saying.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 04:27 AM

It is...

The bullhorns look stupid.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX

It is...

The bullhorns look stupid.

Can't argue that.
I was reminded of dryer ducts.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 03:08 PM

Reminds me of hemi freds old car...rip
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 07:14 PM

I like it. Yes, it would be nice if it was Hemi powered. But the way I look at it, if someone is going to build a chevy race car, they are doing the world a favor by making it look great with a 69 RR body. What if they built the same car with a ubiquitous Camaro body? Nobody would have gave a hoot about the car. With the Mopar body, it is something to talk about! eek
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
I like it. Yes, it would be nice if it was Hemi powered. But the way I look at it, if someone is going to build a chevy race car, they are doing the world a favor by making it look great with a 69 RR body. What if they built the same car with a ubiquitous Camaro body? Nobody would have gave a hoot about the car. With the Mopar body, it is something to talk about! eek

X2

I don't care what's under the hood, it's not a Camaro, Mustang, Nova or S10.

If a Die Hard Camaro lover is willing to run a BAE single Procharger, and a Pontiac Fire Chicken guy can run a BAE with a big a$$ single Turbo … who cares what Hate tank is running.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 07:46 PM

How did I know that this was Hate Tank without opening the video? boogie
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/26/19 08:07 PM

I see it as a guy that wanted to go FAST w/ a reasonable budget.
I like it. Sure I'd rather see a hemi under the hood, but we all know how it is getting blocks nowadays.

Just went through this w/ a friend of mine here in the past few months. He was looking for a GOOD big block Mopar that would handle around 1500+ hp on nitrous. There is/was nothing available. Never seen so many used 572" big blocks w/ cheap cranks and rods in them in all my life. Fine for what they were intended for I guess (although marginal), but nothing you could spray w/o a putting a whole new rotating assembly in.
So he bought a fairly mild used 632" Reher Morrison nitrous motor that makes as much power NA as most high end NA BB Mopars do (over 1200). Plus it'll hande all the two fogger systems on it can throw at it. He got the complete motor AND trans w/ converter for not much more than these used BB Mopars were selling for.

I like Mopars and all, but when you want to go FAST...you really need to weigh the options.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I see it as a guy that wanted to go FAST w/ a reasonable budget.
I like it. Sure I'd rather see a hemi under the hood, but we all know how it is getting blocks nowadays.

Just went through this w/ a friend of mine here in the past few months. He was looking for a GOOD big block Mopar that would handle around 1500+ hp on nitrous. There is/was nothing available. Never seen so many used 572" big blocks w/ cheap cranks and rods in them in all my life. Fine for what they were intended for I guess (although marginal), but nothing you could spray w/o a putting a whole new rotating assembly in.
So he bought a fairly mild used 632" Reher Morrison nitrous motor that makes as much power NA as most high end NA BB Mopars do (over 1200). Plus it'll hande all the two fogger systems on it can throw at it. He got the complete motor AND trans w/ converter for not much more than these used BB Mopars were selling for.

I like Mopars and all, but when you want to go FAST...you really need to weigh the options.

How true it is...

In racing right now, if you want to race ever week and go fast, Mopar is not the brand to be running. That is just a fact of life right now...

I got no issue with Mopar guys running other power trains...I have mentioned it before, the volume just isn't there in the Mopar world.

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 01:55 AM

The fastest cars are running hemis. Mopar is still the king. The only reason to jump ship is to save money.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 04:37 AM

The fastest cars are running hemis. Mopar is still the king. The only reason to jump ship is to save money.

Yup! How many cars in SO-No Prep are running Gen II Hemis this year? smile

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By gsmopar

Yup! How many cars in SO-No Prep are running Gen II Hemis this year? smile

I have no idea what's under the hood of the Street outlaw cars. I don't follow that show. I've seen about 15 minutes of it, and that was enough. But take a look at super stock, pro mod, and of course alcohol and fuel classes, and you will see plenty of Gen II Hemis making huge power. thumbs
Posted By: jcastle1

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 05:40 AM

This car and Old Yeller's car are my favorite drag cars, no matter what brand powertrain!
Does anyone know what happened to Old Yeller?
Posted By: a493demon

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 06:20 AM

He still racing .
Raced KOS last year at norwalk
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 09:21 AM

When you say a Gen 2 hemi and if you consider a billet B.A. or a Billet AJE hemi a gen 2 hemi then there are several racers in that series running those motors shruggy scope
Posted By: STEFF

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 01:13 PM

Love that car!! Don't care what powers it.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: When you don't love your Mopar! - 02/27/19 03:29 PM

MONEY. Exactly. I completely agree the hemi is pretty much king, but it's so much cheaper to go almost as fast w/ other options.
© 2024 Moparts Forums