ZIP TIE fire

Posted By: bigdad

ZIP TIE fire - 02/25/19 02:58 PM

They love to tear up cars

Posted By: justinp61

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/25/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By bigdad

And they are good at it. It's just a matter of time before one of JJ's gang gets hurt.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/25/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Originally Posted By bigdad

And they are good at it. It's just a matter of time before one of JJ's gang gets hurt.

Sad to say but this is true. Its what the 2nd or 3rd time Zip Tie has been wrecked. Ole Heavy has been wrecked a few times as well. Doughboy rolled his car. I can't image they would rebuild zip tie this time as she is toasted, but time will tell....
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/25/19 07:44 PM

I have no idea what's going on - and I'm probably better off. Looks like the "hold my beer and watch this" crowd having a good day.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 01:07 PM

https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2019/02/25/memphis-street-outlaws-zip-tie-caught-fire/
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 01:15 PM

Man that Nova has been wrecked , Rolled and now burnt.....what's next alien abduction?
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 01:44 PM

NO ONE THERE WITH ANY TYPE OF FIRE SUPPRESSION
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By RATTRAP
NO ONE THERE WITH ANY TYPE OF FIRE SUPPRESSION COMMON SENSE?

Fixed it for you.

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Originally Posted By RATTRAP
NO ONE THERE WITH ANY TYPE OF FIRE SUPPRESSION COMMON SENSE?

Fixed it for you.

Thanks LOL
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 10:09 PM

I just think it's a process of natural selection - meaning eventually they will thin the gene pool sufficiently!
Posted By: RustyM

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 10:42 PM

Honest question : How is it possible for people with enough money and mechanical ability to build these cars and they don't have enough sense to be at least minimally prepared for emergency situations?

I'm pretty freaking stunned.
Posted By: dvw

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/26/19 10:47 PM

My fire system cost $600. How many of you have fire suppression in your car?
Doug
Posted By: Forest

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/27/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

I do, but my nozzles are on each side of the motor and 1 between my legs. That fire looked like it all came from the trunk...?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/27/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By Forest
Originally Posted By dvw
Doug

I do, but my nozzles are on each side of the motor and 1 between my legs. That fire looked like it all came from the trunk...?

Makes me think the fuel cell caps was not on tight and maybe the same thing on the battery not being tied down tight work shruggy
I'm glad nobody died up
Racing of all types can hurt you runaway
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/27/19 03:27 PM

Shades of American Graffiti.... maybe they’ll promote doughboy to fire cheif. Old pickup with water tank.... lil red hat....

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/27/19 03:51 PM

True, my nozzles are set up like yours. Just stating that very few of us run a fire suppression system. Also how many have a roll over valve in the fuel tank vent? I do.
Doug
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/27/19 10:41 PM

I have a fire suppression system on my Challenger with 3 of the nozzles set up the same as you guys have mentioned and also have a roll over valve.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 03:04 AM

Doug, do you mean roll over valve for the vent? Or is there some other form of rollover valve as well?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 03:24 AM

Rollover for the vent... that I do have.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 03:03 PM

That poor car should be retired. I am going down there in two weeks, was going to run Ziptie. I guess I'll get to race a different car now.

I have 2 fire systems.

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Doug, do you mean roll over valve for the vent? Or is there some other form of rollover valve as well?

Yes, in the vent
Doug
Posted By: Eric

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
That poor car should be retired. I am going down there in two weeks, was going to run Ziptie. I guess I'll get to race a different car now.

I have 2 fire systems.

How fast do you figure ZipTie was??
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 02/28/19 07:42 PM

I have 2 fire systems.
Are you going for some kind of public event or? If you need a helper or just someone to tag along, let me know.

Dennis
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 01:09 AM

I have 2 fire systems.

Awesome, brother. Are you going to be on the show?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By Frank Cannon

I have 2 fire systems.

Awesome, brother. Are you going to be on the show?

Only if he loses. I’m sorry I had to say it.

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 01:35 AM

Yes it's a filming of an episode. From what I hear it could lead to more if we win. I was,told I could put sponsor info on the back glass if anyone is intrested. A little help goes a long way for a small fry like me.

I think my truck is full or I'd invite yall. It will be a full day.

JJ was on the phone at my buddy's when we had the meeting. It's pretty neet just to be invited to go.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 02:15 AM

Good luck brother!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 04:30 AM

Good luck!

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By Eric

I have 2 fire systems.

Mid 4's on a good day.

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 01:53 PM

I have 2 fire systems.

in my 66 Charger I run 2 systems also, 2 nozzles in the engine bay one in the passenger compartment. the 2nd system runs 2 in the trunk and one in the passenger compartment.

Good luck with JJ and the crew.. It's your 2nd time with JJ and the crew correct?

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 04:28 PM

Yep this is my 2nd time going down there. It's something to gain a little exposure and risk a little $$$.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'll try to not get hustled as bad this time.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/01/19 06:27 PM

Good luck! Watch ol JJs shoulders...It's just like running armdrop with Rich Christinsen..Soon as his shoulders flinch hit the go pedal.. wave
Posted By: JT612GTX

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/02/19 08:36 AM

Those crazy Memphis hillbillies never cease to amaze me,
great entertainment as long as nobody gets hurt, seriously,
no fire systems, how about a emergency vehicle with fire extinguishers handy? DA!! they breed stupidity.
OFF WITH YOUR COMMON SENSE!!!!!!

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/02/19 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By JT612GTX

OFF WITH YOUR COMMON SENSE!!!!!!

haha
Posted By: Eric

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/03/19 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By ric3xrt
Originally Posted By Eric

I have 2 fire systems.

Mid 4's on a good day.

That’s moving
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/03/19 08:00 PM

And people wonder why the cost of 66-67 Chevy II's is so high. At this rate they may buy them all up soon...
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ZIP TIE fire - 03/03/19 08:02 PM

As for how fast the car is. Well I can tell you a certain car here in Vegas that ran ziptie, and lost by a fender then went to the track the next week. Using the same tune they ran on the street and just lost by. It was NOWHERE near a mid 4, like not even the same zipcode
© 2024 Moparts Forums