Moparts

New slant six blower

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

New slant six blower - 02/20/19 07:00 PM

Just seen this blower for the slant guys.
http://www.torqstorm.com/supercharger_kit_slant_6.html

Gus beer

Attached picture SLANT BLOWER.png
Posted By: Clanton

Re: New slant six blower - 02/20/19 07:55 PM

Econo dragster maybe?
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: New slant six blower - 02/20/19 09:24 PM

I like it. I used to have a b&m 144 super charger on a slant. Always had trouble keeping the intake gasket sealed over 5 psi of boost.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: New slant six blower - 02/20/19 09:30 PM

Those have been out for awhile. Kit is reasonably cheap, and a few are out there. I've been thinking about one for my junk. Buddy of mine has one he's putting in a '64 Dart. I'm watching closely.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: New slant six blower - 02/20/19 09:31 PM

Luke Duke was running a boosted Slant Six in the 80s, before boosted became a thing. Turbo and roots I believe.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 05:33 AM

My friend Mad Mike turned his Dodge into an AWB,it's started with a little and blow through and grew to a larger turbo and a Big Stuff 3 eek

Attached picture 7.12.15 085.jpg
Attached picture 7.12.15 096.jpg
Attached picture Carlisle 1018 309.jpg
Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 05:48 AM

Attached picture 20190220_224306.jpg
Posted By: 440farmer

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Luke Duke was running a boosted Slant Six in the 80s, before boosted became a thing. Turbo and roots I believe.

Yeah I remember him he had roots type blower driven by v belt
and from what I can recall the damn thing ran pretty good.

He was certainly a character even broke down his wheels and tires to run slicks for the day...
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 05:08 PM

A centrifugal makes a better package than roots.
1. can be intercooled (as a blow-through)
2. no visible mods (like that giant cop-magnet hole in the hood)
3. weighs less
4. requires less parasitic drag per pound of boost
5. lower charge temperature
Disadvantage: not much torque increases until it's spun up, so it needs a looser convert to launch.
Advantage over NA: equal and tuned header length is relatively unimportant, but should use primary OD based on power delivered, not engine size.
Posted By: gzig5

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 05:46 PM

I wonder how hard it would be to plumb one of these in?

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/grafton-38-supercharger-chevy-buick/6792652941.html
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By gzig5

I have 2 of those in my shop now. I will be building a mounting plate and carb mount for a draw through setup. Not the most efficient power wise, but it will look cool at the cruise nights he goes to.
Posted By: jcc

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
A centrifugal makes a better package than roots.
1. can be intercooled (as a blow-through)
2. no visible mods (like that giant cop-magnet hole in the hood)
3. weighs less
4. requires less parasitic drag per pound of boost
5. lower charge temperature
Disadvantage: not much torque increases until it's spun up, so it needs a looser convert to launch.
Advantage over NA: equal and tuned header length is relatively unimportant, but should use primary OD based on power delivered, not engine size.

Not many seem to understand the hows and whys of #5
Posted By: dogdays

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 10:00 PM

Power increased from 90 to 120 on this engine.
R.

Attached picture rrzu7hptzmh5.jpeg
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: New slant six blower - 02/21/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By 440farmer
Originally Posted By CMcAllister

Yeah I remember him he had roots type blower driven by v belt
and from what I can recall the damn thing ran pretty good.

He was certainly a character even broke down his wheels and tires to run slicks for the day...

He's world famous with old 75&80 guys. I'm not even gonna say what he's up to these days.
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: New slant six blower - 02/22/19 03:36 AM

[/quote] He was certainly a character even broke down his wheels and tires to run slicks for the day... [/quote]

I remember offering him a set of rims at capitol once so he wouldn't have to do that, he declined. He was definitely ahead of his time with the turbo stuff. Think the last setup that car had was turbo small block.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: New slant six blower - 02/22/19 04:14 PM

An Eaton works very well (lighter, smaller, cheaper, and more efficient than GMC 4-71 etc.) but the plumbing has to be doped out. Easiest is blow-through with just a filter to replace the TB, but you need to make a box to cover the entire discharge side and adapt to your intake. I've seen pictures (no details) of a 90° turn at the TB for a 4 bbl. adapter. The Eaton case can be rotated 90° or 180° to make plumbing easier.
Needs no external lubrication or drain.
Probably works with aftermarket 6 rib belt kits.
There are several nose drive lengths available so that the discharge window can be put (more or less) where you want it.
The Eaton M numbers are the charge volume of 1 rotation: M90 is 90" (about right for moderate boost on a slant), etc. and typically turn 2 to 3 × engine speed.
More of my comments on my site: http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/blower/blower.htm
© 2024 Moparts Forums