Moparts

BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter

Posted By: HDNMOPERS

BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 03:06 AM

Got my cam today. Wanted to thank Dwayne for taking the time to discuss my combo and specing me out a cam. It will be a little bit blocks at Hensleys in Knoxville to be machined. Will fill in the blanks as it comes together. Thanks again Dwayne
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 03:15 AM

I went to him for a cam recommendation also
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 03:25 AM

Yeah the guy was great to talk to. We talked about the cam for awhile then just some other engine stuff. Just had a great couple conversation with him. Pleasure to do business with people like him.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 06:51 AM

Dwayne is a great guy, very sharp and doesn't mind sharing his knowledge.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By HDNMOPERS
Yeah the guy was great to talk to. We talked about the cam for awhile then just some other engine stuff. Just had a great couple conversation with him. Pleasure to do business with people like him.

iagree
Posted By: BradH

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61

I agree, but I'm biased, since I've been dealing with PRH for over 15 years. Never a hesitation on my part to recommend him to others for cylinder head work, cams, etc.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 03:52 PM

Another thumbs up for Dwayne from me also
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By BradH

I agree, but I'm biased, since I've been dealing with PRH for over 15 years. Never a hesitation on my part to recommend him to others for cylinder head work, cams, etc.

iagree up
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 07:42 PM

Dwayne is one of the very few vendors here that are here pretty much every day and shares his vast knowledge with us weather we spend $$$ with him or not.I have so much respect for him,,IMO he's right up there with Monty and Dan that always were willing to share may they both RIP bow bow bow
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 09:10 PM

He's always treated me right. Real quickly he went from being just another dude on a car message board, to being a very highly valued advisor for crucial decisions.

Someday when things are slow, or when somebody buys me a beer or whatever
I will share the story of how Dwayne helped me save one of MP's product lines from death.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 09:34 PM

Thanks guys!!
I appreciate the positive feedback.

It’s nice being able to take a little time for some car talk once in a while, and I feel like I’ve made some friends through these forums over the years.

zippy.....I think you’re going to have to refresh my memory on that one. work
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 09:41 PM

I'll start a new thread, when the time comes.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 10:14 PM

Yep, Dwayne is a great guy to do business with. And Like BradH, I've been using PRH for about 15+ years as well. Always pleased with his port work, products and technical advice.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 10:23 PM

Brad is another extremely knowledgeable guy sharing on several forums. bow
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/17/19 10:48 PM

I feel bad b/c I call and talk to Dwayne to bounce ideas off him a lot more than I call him to order parts. He's always been a huge help and I've been extremely happy w/ everything I've gotten from him.
One day when we're up visiting my wife's family in Massachusetts, I'm gonna drive a few hours over to Dwayne's shop and keep him from getting any work done one afternoon. biggrin beer
Posted By: 383man

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 03:21 AM

You cant ask to work with a nicer and smarter man then Dwayne. I was surprised how much time he took to talk on the phone with me about my combo as he will help you all he can. A first class act all the way in my book and I thank him. Ron
Posted By: wyoming

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 06:06 AM

I'd agree, Dwayne is a very good guy to use for anything engine related for sure.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 11:33 AM

Dwayne PM'd me after I asked a question on the board about a valvetrain issue a buddy was having with his big block. Great guy! beer
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 05:10 PM

Dwayne has never been stingy about sharing his knowledge , help me at the track before I even knew him . Excellent workmanship , and advice .

Jim F
Posted By: BradH

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Brad is another extremely knowledgeable guy sharing on several forums. bow

Are you insane? If I have any "claim to fame(?)" it's that I (a) ask a sh!tload of really long questions and (b) let everyone know how I've screwed up as warnings to others.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/18/19 06:40 PM

Dwayne guide me through giving him enough information that allowed him to pinpoint the core issue that led the roller bearings in only my T&D exhaust rockers failing. The intake rockerarm bearings were fine. It was a bit baffling until he quickly identified what was going wrong and pinpointed the root cause.

He freshened up my heads, spec'd me a mechanical roller cam and helped me design and spec a reverse dome piston to drop my compression 2 points and retain the same weight as the original 12 to 1 slugs. The motor has never run and rev'd so smooth.

All this over the phone. He is a true resource with a wealth of knowledge and great customer service.
Posted By: varunner

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/19/19 04:01 AM

Dwayne did a set of heads for me, and then answered question after question on my engine build. Great guy for sure.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: BIG Thanks to Dwayne Porter - 01/19/19 05:52 AM

Though I’m not on here much anymore...Dwayne and Brad have helped me multiple times over the last 15 years...lol. Great guys!

Rob
© 2024 Moparts Forums