Moparts

Apologies to whomever this may infuriate...

Posted By: mopar_man619

Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 03:37 AM

https://youtu.be/G0U_HVGXnjk
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By mopar_man619

Looks like a lot of work.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:06 AM

hope its worth it
Originally Posted By gsmopar

Looks like a lot of work.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:10 AM

Well you expected it so here it goes. I watched the video about 3 minutes into the chevy CRAP. I totally understand why you are going this route as your Mopars run sooooo slow. I would be embarrassed to have a small block run that slow let alone a big block. At least now you can buy cheaper parts to run and get them at Walmart. I hope this doesn't infuriate you BUT it's the truth.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:13 AM

Whats the big deal? so it has a Hemi...

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:14 AM

😂 sometimes the truth hurts....
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Well you expected it so here it goes. I watched the video about 3 minutes into the chevy CRAP. I totally understand why you are going this route as your Mopars run sooooo slow. I would be embarrassed to have a small block run that slow let alone a big block. At least now you can buy cheaper parts to run and get them at Walmart. I hope this doesn't infuriate you BUT it's the truth.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:34 AM

Thinks a hemi is an ls up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By TRENDZ
Thinks a hemi is an ls up

Ya I was waiting for someone to catch that. Someone needs some homework 📚. Lol.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:38 AM

Buddy my small block MOPARS beat up on chevies every weekend. Lmao. No jealousy here. Trust me.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:45 AM

Jealousy. Where’d I say that ?

Buddy my small block MOPARS beat up on chevies every weekend. Lmao. No jealousy here. Trust me.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 04:52 AM

I got something 4 you when your done. stirthepot

Attached picture Screenshot_20190114-120831_Chrome.jpg
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 05:20 AM

Nice! You got me to laugh out load when I saw your "LS" Glad to see it is a square port

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 07:29 AM

Just seeing how many people would get pissed off 😂
Originally Posted By Just-a-dart
Nice! You got me to laugh out load when I saw your "LS" Glad to see it is a square port

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 07:30 AM

Ls juan 😂 let’s do it ! Set me out to the 330 to make it a race :P
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
I got something 4 you when your done. stirthepot
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 01:48 PM

Yall have some cool cars. Keep on posting pics and vids
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 08:20 PM

“This is your boy”

Later.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 09:00 PM

Thank you !
Originally Posted By FastmOp
Posted By: jughed

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 09:06 PM

No worries...A Chebby motor just doesn't infuriate the purists like a cowl hood does.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 10:13 PM

Nice trolling OP, looks like some guys fell for it?

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

He lost me at chevy. So many guys can't get their combos to run like they should so they go searching for the magic bullet. They buy more carbs, switch to EFI, go from small block to big block, Gen 3 hemi's, and YES even LS engines.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

He lost me at chevy. So many guys can't get their combos to run like they should so they go searching for the magic bullet. They buy more carbs, switch to EFI, go from small block to big block, Gen 3 hemi's, and YES even LS engines.
I can tell you the guys racing in those videos at Barona were probably racing in four to five thousand feet corrected with a barometer of 27ish.. racing at sea level in good air on a good track makes it easy
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 11:27 PM

Nice cars dude! Hey Pittsburg, do you have any videos to post up? You like to talk a lot and criticize other peoples stuff, but how about posting up a video of your runs?
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
i love my mopars,its all i own.but a hot rods a hot rod,keep postin up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By camastomcat
Nice cars dude! Hey Pittsburg, do you have any videos to post up? You like to talk a lot and criticize other peoples stuff, but how about posting up a video of your runs?

Oh here comes a soon to be Chevy boy too. Ya I have videos and trust me it’s faster than the ones posted. Only one thing worse than an LS Mopar. A “me to” Chevy powered Dragster. Lol 😂

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/15/19 11:51 PM

Now as far as the original poster he came in trolling and got some bites. Watching his videos over the last year I see the cars vary .020-.030 from pass to pass. I know some are Racing passes but I see several passes where the 60 foots are all over the chart.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:17 AM

Now as far as the original poster he came in trolling and got some bites. Watching his videos over the last year I see the cars vary .020-.030 from pass to pass. I know some are Racing passes but I see several passes where the 60 foots are all over the chart.
that's because at Barona they drag an old tractor tire for track prep.. this family is a first class group of people generational Mopar racers.
Be honest with you I didn't really appreciate the way you attacked them either John think you need to get back on the meds

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By camastomcat
iagree
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:19 AM

If yall fools would have watched instead of getting your panties in a bunch over the title of a Internet post you would have seen a turbo Hemi A-body project being built by a mopar guy that's from a mopar family.

Y'all are way to ready to bash a guy, he hooked yall like a goldfish at the county fair lmfao
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:28 AM

Build something Mopar that costs what a Predator costs. Then you might be able to garner some credibility. Even a fast B1 or something. Where do you buy a block? Especially if you want a steel Mopar block, you're either paying the $6500 somebody hoarded want, or you're screwed. Aluminum isn't much better. For those of us that want to race regularly, we need parts.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:28 AM

that's because at Barona they drag an old tractor tire for track prep.. this family is a first class group of people generational Mopar racers.
Be honest with you I didn't really appreciate the way you attacked them either John think you need to get back on the meds

First off the only time he posts on Moparts is to promote his Youtube videos. He posts nothing on others posts time and time again. We have 3-4 members that comment about going to chevy power and this as I remember is a MOPAR site. On Facebook its easy to drop a group if you see the chevy guys trolling and that's exactly what he (this poster) was doing. I'm out of this on, carry on.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:34 AM

stirthepotlol

Attached picture 42417.jpeg
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:41 AM

Looks like a fun project .
How big is that garage ? Looks giant in the video lol .
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:47 AM

First off the only time he posts on Moparts is to promote his Youtube videos. He posts nothing on others posts time and time again. We have 3-4 members that comment about going to chevy power and this as I remember is a MOPAR site. On Facebook its easy to drop a group if you see the chevy guys trolling and that's exactly what he (this poster) was doing. I'm out of this on, carry on.

How does having a turbocharged gen 3 Hemi, make him a trolling Chevy guy?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 12:52 AM

....and if I were playing the “engine on a stick” game it would most likely be generic powered like the rest of the car.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 02:26 AM

LOL...Like someone said, pittsburgracer needs to get back on the meds. Not cool bashing like that. By the way, I'm sure there are MANY (Chevies, Phords and other Mopars) out there faster than you, sir.

Point being: There's ALWAYS someone faster than anyone.

That said, the OP "gotcha".

Regardless...let's give PROPS to a young guy who obviously comes from good stock and is building a hot rod rather than all of the other alternatives. Carry on, young man!

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 03:47 AM

pittsburghracer dude you're an angry man. hope you find happiness bud!

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 03:52 AM

thanks shiloh ! you're a good dude with a badass ride ! up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 04:00 AM

thank you for the kind words !
Originally Posted By cudadoug
LOL...Like someone said, pittsburgracer needs to get back on the meds. Not cool bashing like that. By the way, I'm sure there are MANY (Chevies, Phords and other Mopars) out there faster than you, sir.

Point being: There's ALWAYS someone faster than anyone.

That said, the OP "gotcha".

Regardless...let's give PROPS to a young guy who obviously comes from good stock and is building a hot rod rather than all of the other alternatives. Carry on, young man!
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 05:08 AM

I'm still unsure of why I would be offended.

Big shop, cool cars what's not to like?

What infuriates me is taxes. That's something I can get behind pitching a [censored]
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 07:25 AM

Looks like a G3 Hemi,6.1(intake at least) Why the LS title?
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 08:06 AM

\

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 09:32 AM

Just to start some sh**. It is a hemi haha
Originally Posted By RTSrunner
Looks like a G3 Hemi,6.1(intake at least) Why the LS title?

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 09:37 AM

Haha thanks Chris you’ve always been a big inspiration to me and someone I look up to ! Will def give grandpa a hug and relay the message laugh hurry up and get back in the game ! See you soon !
Originally Posted By B1CUDA
Ha!Look at you,kid! Stirring it up real good. This is the first time that I have logged in to this site in, at least a year or so, and after reading some responses here, I remember why I stopped coming here. Couple of thoughts....
1. It's 2019. You can build whatever YOU want!
2. Folks are really pounding on their chests about having a high 8-9 second car in 2019? Really? Why so slow? I was in the mid 8's, 10 years ago. (It actually got boring)

I have known you since you were a lil fella, and you turned out to be a fine young man. You do you....period. Give gramps a hug for me, and tell him that he is lucky I am semi retired....lol. See you soon.

Chris

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 11:29 PM

Damn Chris..... you just hurt my feelings with that 9 sec comment....

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/16/19 11:47 PM

Haha thanks Chris you’ve always been a big inspiration to me and someone I look up to ! Will def give grandpa a hug and relay the message laugh hurry up and get back in the game ! See you soon ! [quote=B1CUDA]Ha!Look at you,kid! Stirring it up real good. This is the first time that I have logged in to this site in, at least a year or so, and after reading some responses here, I remember why I stopped coming here. Couple of thoughts....
1. It's 2019. You can build whatever YOU want!
2. Folks are really pounding on their chests about having a high 8-9 second car in 2019? Really? Why so slow? I was in the mid 8's, 10 years ago. (It actually got boring)

I have known you since you were a lil fella, and you turned out to be a fine young man. You do you....period. Give gramps a hug for me, and tell him that he is lucky I am semi retired....lol. See you soon.

Chris
. Why was this helpful and educational post Deleted whistling . One thing that I can appreciate about this little Valiant it looks like it's being built at home in the garage by its owner not store boughten with cubic amounts of money keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 12:12 AM

Like button up
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 05:32 AM

Looks like he has a nice build going but what I would really like to know is, Does he have his green t shirt on backwards??????
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 07:48 PM

I was watching the video and was confused, easily done at my age BTW, but in all fairness I had the sound off. After reading some of the replies I was even more confused. I guess I should have listened as well. Any way, cool car, I like it. Can't wait to see it finished and burning some fossil fuel.
Posted By: moped426

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 07:59 PM

LOL pittsburgeracer has done more with less and builds all his stuff.
Can't say that about most of the 'BIGTIME' racers on this site.
Most of you just open your wallet and have a guy like myself build your [censored].
For that reason that is why some run 9's and some run 8's. lol
Give an old guy some slack and just maybe you can run 7's, like we do.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 09:50 PM

Says the 3 Post NUT SWINGER. PBR needs to stick to the slower cars, the faster little ones seem to scare him, shell shocked since being on the roof.

Originally Posted By yellowcab451
Most of you just open your wallet and have a guy like myself build your [censored].
Posted By: dvw

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 10:22 PM

Nothing the matter with a boosted 3rd gen. Plenty of bang for the buck. Good to see a young guy racing with his family. As to the the LS comment. I guess we should all pay attention to the entire message. I for one am terrible about reading/watching part of something and missing what I should have seen.
Looks like he's thinking out his project pretty well.
Good luck.
Doug
Posted By: Eric

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 10:37 PM

Tough crowd....

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By yellowcab451
I wish I could open my wallet wide enough to go 7's.. if I could spend more on my hobby I would... up . personally I like John and he knows it .. it is guys like him to keep me coming back to this site.. but I got to give him a hard time when he has one coming.. and I would expect nothing else but the same from him..

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/17/19 11:06 PM

Thank you !
Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Like button up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 12:14 AM

Can anyone direct me to the car show section?

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 12:35 AM

Show cars are usually on all four tires jay ! Nice pic from the hangover race ! wink
Originally Posted By J_BODY

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 12:37 AM

Trying to think it out as much as possible. Going to be a big learning curve and a bunch of trial and error but those are the best lessons ! Thank you Doug !
Originally Posted By dvw
Nothing the matter with a boosted 3rd gen. Plenty of bang for the buck. Good to see a young guy racing with his family. As to the the LS comment. I guess we should all pay attention to the entire message. I for one am terrible about reading/watching part of something and missing what I should have seen.
Looks like he's thinking out his project pretty well.
Good luck.
Doug
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 01:16 AM

Isnt this the .... Apologies to whomever this may infuriate

Thread?
Posted By: CSK

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Isnt this the .... Apologies to whomever this may infuriate

Thread?

LOL smile

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/18/19 05:28 AM

Show cars are usually on all four tires jay ! Nice pic from the hangover race ! wink
Originally Posted By J_BODY

I can’t go fast like these hitters so I’ve switched over to circus act! laugh2

We should be at the Irwindale shindig in Feb
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 01/19/19 07:00 AM

Hope to see it Run one day.. Keep on Chipping away at it... smile

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 07:23 PM

ITS ALIVE. WE GOT OIL PRESSURE. VIDEO SOON! THRASHING FOR MATS.

Attached picture kSHZJKO9SROdsIES6dLW%w.jpg
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by mopar_man619

Sweet! Lets see that vid!! beer

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Get-X

Happy Birthday.
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Happy Birthday.

Thanks bud thumbs
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
I'm still unsure of why I would be offended.

Big shop, cool cars what's not to like?

What infuriates me is taxes. That's something I can get behind pitching a [censored]

Pfffft!!!! Come to Canada!!!!! We will show you taxes!!!!
(I'll be paying a forum reply tax here next year I bet!!!)

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/16/19 11:44 PM

Hey Mopar man do you guys have any one from down south that is willing to support the Mopar small Tire shootout in Vegas.. I know your car will be a player when it's done for sure.. but I've heard there's been a some late model stuff including one demon and a few others..

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 01:10 AM

i don't know of any man sorry
Originally Posted by WHITEDART
Hey Mopar man do you guys have any one from down south that is willing to support the Mopar small Tire shootout in Vegas.. I know your car will be a player when it's done for sure.. but I've heard there's been a some late model stuff including one demon and a few others..

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 01:11 AM

coming soon !

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 05:30 PM

Looking forward to seeing it at MATS
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 05:44 PM

Apologies to whomever my response may infuriate.

I hope the engine blows up on start up and a couple of rods shoot through the block and actually I don't care if I infuriate someone with my response because this is a Mopar site. Oh, too late, I guess it's been started, and I see the owner is a member so I guess I don't want it to blow up but dang. I hope a Craparo somewhere is getting a slant six right now.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Apologies to whomever my response may infuriate.

I hope the engine blows up on start up and a couple of rods shoot through the block and actually I don't care if I infuriate someone with my response because this is a Mopar site. Oh, too late, I guess it's been started, and I see the owner is a member so I guess I don't want it to blow up but dang. I hope a Craparo somewhere is getting a slant six right now.

LMAO, did you even watch the video? Do you know what you're looking at?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/17/19 06:55 PM

Cool build, post some details when you can.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/19/19 11:35 AM

https://youtu.be/7Ciha_MqoJ0
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/19/19 11:44 AM

Nice Work! That looks like it is going to be fun.

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/19/19 03:28 PM

Sounds good go easy on us n/a guy's.. up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/19/19 04:58 PM

Good to see it making hot water Travis!

Are we going to see it in Vegas next week?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/19/19 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY

Can anyone direct me to the LS7 transplant into an E-body section?

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/20/19 03:33 AM

yeah right laugh
Originally Posted by WHITEDART
Sounds good go easy on us n/a guy's.. up

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/20/19 03:34 AM

im still shooting for it. tomorrows a big day. if i can get a lot done we will haul it up there and play with it.
Originally Posted by Just-a-dart
Good to see it making hot water Travis!

Are we going to see it in Vegas next week?

Re: Apologies to whomever this may infuriate... - 04/20/19 03:34 AM

thank you. i sure hope so.
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

Nice Work! That looks like it is going to be fun.

© 2024 Moparts Forums