Moparts

Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good?

Posted By: 1970RT

Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 06:21 PM

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with Quick Fuel carbs. and if they are a decent carb. or not. Specifically, the Brawler Die-Cast model.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 06:44 PM

I called them, they built my carbs for my 572 Hemi. I was satisfied. Tim
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 06:55 PM

I had them do up a carb for E-85 and it performs very well.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 08:35 PM

I got a Brawler during a sale (happy holley-days or similar) awhile back, it's pretty good. Basically same thing as a Proform. they probably have deals on them again this time of year.

I don't follow the whole business too closely anymore as I'm on the OEM side these days rather than performance...however If I understand correctly QFT bought Proform and this is their version of the proform carb.

among other basic tuning changes I had to drill and tap for transition slot restrictor jets. Good chance you will want to do the same, if you street drive very much. Like many other carbs marketed as "race" it was pretty rich going down the road, out of the box.

Brad H. helped me out on the whole deal and it came together pretty well. Not sure if it will run better or worse ETs than the previous carb but I enjoy driving it.

Attached picture 451dark.jpg
Attached picture guitar strings for tuning.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By 1970RT
Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with Quick Fuel carbs. and if they are a decent carb. or not. Specifically, the Brawler Die-Cast model.

What is your application? Are you looking for a chokeless carb, or one like an upgrade from an OEM carb?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/21/18 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By ZIPPY

Brad H. helped me out on the whole deal and it came together pretty well. Not sure if it will run better or worse ETs than the previous carb but I enjoy driving it.

up
Posted By: gzig5

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/22/18 04:59 PM

Car Craft just tested a Brawler against an XP with positive results. If I can't get my current carb tuned this spring, I will be gong with a Brawler.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/dyno-test-holleys-new-low-cost-brawler-carb-vs-xp/
Posted By: pro451bee

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/22/18 07:46 PM

I just put the choke-less 750 race on my 451 /528 solid combo and it rips .Exhaust smell is surprisingly clean also.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/22/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By 1970RT

The inexpensive carbs work fine as long as they are matched to the application. The more expensive carbs have more adjustments. If you need the adjustment capability then you need the more expensive carb. If you don't, then the less expensive carb will work just fine.

Typically the camshaft is what makes or breaks the carb. The closer the cam is to stock then the cheaper the carb can be. You didn't provide any information on your combination so I have no idea if the Brawler carb will work for you or not.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/22/18 10:08 PM

Out of the box the dominator I bought for the race car is not right. Goes way lean on the hit. Have not tried to fix it yet.
Posted By: Mark Whitener

Re: Quick Fuel carbs.: Any good? - 11/23/18 06:59 AM

Some need some tweaking on the calibration, but should be able to make any work with a little love. Price a billet Weekend Warrior from BLP if you are on a budget.
© 2024 Moparts Forums