Moparts

Eldebrock RPM valve keepers.

Posted By: Sport440

Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/07/18 02:19 AM

Could use some help, does anybody have any spare keepers for the BB eldebrock RPM heads? Was changing some springs and one went flying. Look at Summits site and you have to buy the whole pack, cant get just one. So it may end up being a $55 mistake, thought I would check here first before I pulled the trigger on a Full set. Thanks, Mike
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/07/18 04:52 AM

ive got some ive used on my rpms---not sure if they are "edelbrock" brand..in fact some are green....whoever makes those. I can send one
Posted By: Mcode69

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/07/18 12:11 PM

The earlier Eddy locks used to be the 'machined' type but I note that all the ones I have seen lately are the budget pressed junk, you may be better off putting a full set of machined locks into it, for safety reasons.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/07/18 05:36 PM

BB rpm and e street heads still use machined locks.

Just put a set together recently.

The “issue”’with 7 deg machined locks is...... seems like every brand has a slightly different installed height.

I can tell you for certain that Crane(not sure about the latest incarnation), Comp, Edelbrock, and the ones I get from my local engine parts warehouse are all slightly different, and provide slightly different installed height.

I don’t like to use “one” lock from another batch. If I lose one, I get another “pair” to install on one valve.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/07/18 11:50 PM

I was definitely going to swap in a set of two. Thanks 493 for the offer. But I considered the idea of getting a used unknown life set of used keepers and reconsidered the idea.
I remembered I had $15 of Summit bucs hanging around and went and picked up a whole new set, im sure I may lose a few more in the future. Im set now, Thanks for the responses.
Posted By: gzig5

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/08/18 02:45 AM

Now you can sell off your new extras in pairs for double the per piece price and guys would be happy to be able to get them and not have to buy a full set!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Eldebrock RPM valve keepers. - 11/08/18 03:12 AM

I think every engine assembler out there has as a few valve keepers take flight to be never found again whistling work I have had that happen more than once whiney shruggy
As far as replacing one keeper versus replacing both, its your choice work I have done that but I made sure the new single replacement was a identical twin (within .001 on retainer groove width, height and depth) to the one I was reusing scope up
© 2024 Moparts Forums