Moparts

Valve Covers for Indy Heads

Posted By: moparniac

Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 03:32 PM

Are there any others that work other than INDY's.... my junk 440source ones holes dont line up right..... I swear I have the most exspensive 440 valve covers out there .... lol

what other options are there other than indy? thx
Posted By: cyphre666

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 03:36 PM

I used the Mopar aluminum covers
on SR heads
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 05:39 PM

I have just the opposite my Indys don't fit for sh*t and the source covers fit perfect.

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 05:40 PM

Quote:

I have just the opposite my Indys don't fit for sh*t and the source covers fit perfect.

lol.. for real...... they fit on the drivers side and even with the valve cover modified for dizzy clearance the bolts holes are off pretty well on the bottom row....
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 06:22 PM

The outside holes on my indy covers are off the source covers are all dead on the money

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 08:04 PM

Quote:

The outside holes on my indy covers are off the source covers are all dead on the money

I just checked a set of my buddies 440-1 heads and his indy valve covers fit perfect on my EZ heads.....

440source parts just plain suck for me i guess.....
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 08:17 PM

These are Summit valve covers with the Summit logo milled off. I have had just about every valve cover made for bb Mopars.These fit the best out of all.
Posted By: Sam Robinson

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 08:43 PM

Quote:

These are Summit valve covers with the Summit logo milled off. I have had just about every valve cover made for bb Mopars.These fit the best out of all.

Are those their chrome covers without the chrome?

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 09:58 PM

I was wondering that myself....
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 10:02 PM

I don't recall seeing a Summit brand cast aluminum valve cover before. Are those an older part that is now discontinued? Nice looking covers, just never seen them before.

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 10:57 PM

Has anyone tried the Pro-Comps? http://www.procompelectronics.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=37155
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/11/09 11:28 PM

Quote:

I don't recall seeing a Summit brand cast aluminum valve cover before. Are those an older part that is now discontinued? Nice looking covers, just never seen them before.

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 12:07 AM

procomps are the same as 440source.....
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 12:14 AM

Quote:

Are there any others that work other than INDY's.... my junk 440source ones holes dont line up right..... I swear I have the most exspensive 440 valve covers out there .... lol

Why dont you just get some Indy covers? I've got some B1 covers..dont think you'd want those, tho

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why dont you just get some Indy covers? I've got some B1 covers..dont think you'd want those, tho

I just did.... lol

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 12:25 AM

Anyone try these? A little pricey though. http://www.cfrperformance.com/product_p/hz-6528.htm

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 12:29 AM

Or these. http://www.cgmmotorsports.com/mopardodgefabricatedvalvecovers383413440stroker.aspx
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 01:01 PM

My Indy's fit like a glove on my Indy heads
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 04:39 PM

The Summit covers are heavy cast aluminum that are powder coated silver. I had the logo milled off. They are very good covers vs all of the other I have tried including the high$$ sheet metal covers.

I think they have been discontinued
Posted By: 71Plym

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 05:58 PM

For my EZ heads, I've tried:
440source - clearance issues with the MSD ProBillet, so never used.
Mopar Performanace cast aluminum - needed trimming for the distributor, but worked fine
Indy no-logo - fit perfect.

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 06:08 PM

Quote:

My Indy's fit like a glove on my Indy heads

holy heck 67wedge..... your front end is coming up alot higher now..... that looks perfect
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 06:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

lol.. for real...... they fit on the drivers side and even with the valve cover modified for dizzy clearance the bolts holes are off pretty well on the bottom row....

you two guys should swap heads, problem solved
Posted By: whiskeyrunner

Re: Valve Covers for Indy Heads - 03/12/09 07:54 PM

we have the indy no logo covers and they fit perfect
© 2024 Moparts Forums