Moparts

Tough sledding at NMCA Indy

Posted By: dvw

Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 05:21 AM

Ran the Victory/NMCA Allstars N/SS race today. 1st rd, I took a .0156 stripe, opponent was .01 over. 2nd rd I took a .0056 stripe. Opponent 12.000 on 12.0. Ran out of luck 3rd rd. My +.008 to his .005/10.000 on a 10.0. This is all foot brake no electronic or rev chip. We all kept our index the same since Thursday when it was 88 degrees, Today, Saturday, 58 degrees. Tomorrow season finals.
Doug
Posted By: tex013

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 05:39 AM

Wow that is tough racing

Tex
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 08:27 AM

whoo whee! making you work hard for rounds!!!
Posted By: theraif

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 09:28 PM

i watched n/ss run the other day, i thought it was a mopar event heheh
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 09:36 PM

(Bob Ueker voice) Man! We never get the close ones. eek
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/23/18 10:42 PM

Was there yesterday, it looked like tough company in NSS.

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/24/18 02:22 PM

As good as my year has been I was terrible Sunday. Trying to slow the car over.20 with throttle and weight. When the throttle gets closed this far it won't follow the weather. Not to mention the driver blew it as well. Congrats to Kevin Gass winning the Allstars shoot out and the NMCA championship. Congrats to Brent Wheeler runner up in the Allstars and Sundays event. And last but not least Dustin Goodin runner up in the brackets and winning N/SS at the 1st NMCA event he's ever entered. Not all was lost. Dragzine shot my car for a future article. I'll be out hammering on it next week at Mid Michigan Motorplex. No index, cool weather. Maybe I can get a 8 second time slip.
Doug
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/24/18 02:56 PM

Good luck at Mid michigan next weekend in the no box weekend Doug.
I went up there Saturday for the first time in years for the street tire shootout and wet the bed after being on a bit of a roll lately.
I forgot what i didnt like about the place. The track runs East to West( pretty odd) and when first round was called you were staring right into the sun, which at this time of year is no fun.
Was all i could do to literally see the tree. Wish they would suspend elims until the sun isnt a factor.
Big congrats Pat Norton...aka 1badlittleCharger.... who won the 10.0 race on .400 tree.

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/24/18 05:54 PM

For sure the sun can be tricky. Taking the turbo car as well. Should be a good time.
Doug
Posted By: 66coronet

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/25/18 08:00 PM

It was a tough weekend for tuning with that much of a weather swing. Lots of rounds between the all star race and the main event Sunday. Fun weekend for sure.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Tough sledding at NMCA Indy - 09/25/18 11:02 PM

Lol, NSS racing is easy. At least that's what they say....

Congrats Brent. You had a pretty good weekend.
© 2024 Moparts Forums