Moparts

Radiator selection

Posted By: 70Drop

Radiator selection - 09/10/18 10:43 PM

I want to get a radiator that cools a little better than what I have now. It's for my Duster with a 440/500, separate trans. cooler, 3,000 cfm fan, Meziere electric pump. The car runs a little hot both driving on the street and waiting in the staging lanes. I'm often at 200-degrees by the time I get to the starting line.

The aluminum radiator I currently have in the car has a 21-inch wide core, 2 inches thick. The width of the radiator opening on the car is about 23 inches (so the current radiator is a bit small for the opening).

I'm wondering what you guys are running? I really don't want to hack up the car by cutting the core support if I don't have to.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Radiator selection - 09/10/18 11:13 PM

I used a wizard with their shroud that had 4 puller fans. Fit, no cutting in my old demon. In traffic, temp hit 190, fans kicked on & pulled temp down to 170. A little pricey, but worth every penny to me.
Posted By: dart440_72

Re: Radiator selection - 09/11/18 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By 70Drop
I want to get a radiator that cools a little better than what I have now. It's for my Duster with a 440/500, separate trans. cooler, 3,000 cfm fan, Meziere electric pump. The car runs a little hot both driving on the street and waiting in the staging lanes. I'm often at 200-degrees by the time I get to the starting line.

The aluminum radiator I currently have in the car has a 21-inch wide core, 2 inches thick. The width of the radiator opening on the car is about 23 inches (so the current radiator is a bit small for the opening).

I'm wondering what you guys are running? I really don't want to hack up the car by cutting the core support if I don't have to.

What temps does it run on the street?
Posted By: 70Drop

Re: Radiator selection - 09/11/18 02:08 AM

[/quote]

What temps does it run on the street?
[/quote]

Usually about 190-200
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Radiator selection - 09/11/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By rickraw
I used a wizard with their shroud that had 4 puller fans. Fit, no cutting in my old demon. In traffic, temp hit 190, fans kicked on & pulled temp down to 170. A little pricey, but worth every penny to me.

I narrowed my search down to a Wizard radiator, as well. I felt it was the best value for what you get.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Radiator selection - 09/11/18 02:56 AM

http://prchotrod.com/

I ordered one from these guys. Core size I wanted, hose size and inlet/outlet positioned where I wanted, trans fluid heat exchanger and proper -6 fittings, mounting tabs.... been ok by me, but I’m just a race only guy.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Radiator selection - 09/11/18 06:03 AM

90* street driving or hot lapping it gets up to 185*.$200 Afco and a 16 inch multispeed Spal fan.

Attached picture 2.20.18 027.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums