Moparts

"The Block" Dyno Results

Posted By: markz528

"The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 03:28 AM

So my motor hit the dyno yesterday. You might have seen some of the other posts I had about the engine.

It is the aftermarket "The Block" RB 505 CI. It had some issues that needed to get corrected so I decided to have Tony Bischoff Fix it and assemble it all the way to the dyno session. I can't say enough about Tony and his team - absolutely top notch!

The motor ran very well on the dyno.

Basic specs:

new aftermarket "The Block"
505 CI
Molnar crank & rods - 4.25 inch stroke
OOTB TrickFlow 270 heads
Mopar Performance 337 intake
4150 carb - flows 1000 cfm
solid roller cam around 650 lift - smaller duration (Dwayne Porter spec'd)
10.9:1 compression
93 pump gas
Hooker 5209 2 inch headers

Made 713 hp @ 6000 rpm and 707 ft/lbs torque at 4600 rpm. I did not expect that much torque - it makes the same torque as my race car motor!

Need to thank Dwayne Porter for the great job on picking the cam and all the other guidance he provided for the build.

I am very happy with the results..........
Posted By: AndyF

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 06:01 AM

Sounds like a good one. This is going into your street car? A buddy of mine is doing a 505 this fall with the 270 heads. We figure it will make around 700 hp but I'm not expecting 700 ft lbs of torque!
Posted By: mopar873

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 07:24 AM

Very nice numbers, that will be an absolute monster on the street.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 07:55 AM

It seems like the Mopar BB pump gas motors with less than 10.5 to 1 compression ratio make more torque than HP, above that they make more HP than torque confused shruggy
Why, I do not know confused work
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 08:32 AM

Very impressive, congratulations!
Posted By: tex013

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 09:25 AM

Nice result

Tex
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 11:10 AM

Congrats. Hope you get it in the car and can enjoy it alittle this year still. Birdtracker
Posted By: Leigh

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 01:29 PM

Sounds like a really nice combo. Now get taping!
Posted By: ccdave

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 02:49 PM

Very nice results!!!
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 03:21 PM

Quote:
Need to thank Dwayne Porter for the great job on picking the cam and all the other guidance he provided for the build.

Thanks Mark...... I enjoyed being a part of the build.
Glad you got it sorted out....... and now we’ll be waiting for the future “the Block - track results” thread.😎
Posted By: BradH

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/07/18 03:28 PM

Wow...

What's the rest of the car's combination for gearing, trans type, converter (if auto), differential, rollbar, frame connectors, etc.?

If this engine is going into the 13-sec car in your signature, you're going to find out very quickly where the weak links in the drive train are w/ all that torque.

Oh, do you have a performance goal, other than to see how quickly you can wear your rear tires down to the cords? grin
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/10/18 02:40 PM

Very nice, impressive!

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/10/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Wow...

What's the rest of the car's combination for gearing, trans type, converter (if auto), differential, rollbar, frame connectors, etc.?

If this engine is going into the 13-sec car in your signature, you're going to find out very quickly where the weak links in the drive train are w/ all that torque.

Oh, do you have a performance goal, other than to see how quickly you can wear your rear tires down to the cords? grin

Nope - its for my GTX build. It will be heavy. It has a full interior. I expect 3800 - 3900 lbs. Goal is 10.30's on the track and some street time.

Its got a John Holt chassis. Frame connectors, full chrome moly cage (he talked me into the full cage), Cal Tracs, mini tub, etc. Its got P315/60R-15 tires (30 inch tall) for the street and lots of room to go bigger.

Its got too much gear. I put 4.56 gear in it and it should be 4.30 or maybe even 4.10. Its a new S60 that John built. Gear ratio might get changed. But it does have a good Jeff Russell prepped 727 with a A&A brake and steel drum and a Gear Vendors overdrive that drops the gear ratio to 3.55. Its my backup race car tranny. The converter is a Dynamic 9.5 inch and is heading to them this week for redo to match the car.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/10/18 05:43 PM

Wow good luck with your build can't wait to see it all finished up I'm close to Holt's place let us know when you're taking the car out
Posted By: Furys

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/11/18 07:09 PM

Where can I get one of those blocks?or any rb aftermarket race block even an aluminum one

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/11/18 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By Furys
Where can I get one of those blocks?or any rb aftermarket race block even an aluminum one

Bill @ Chicago Connection is trying very hard. There is good hope that they will be readily available. When I talked with him last week he was swamped and needed to make some calls to get the latest updates.

Call Bill @ Chicago Connection and ask him.
Posted By: 383man

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/12/18 03:23 AM

Congrats on that nice killer pump gas eng. She is gonna run good. up Ron
Posted By: ProSport

Re: "The Block" Dyno Results - 09/12/18 03:48 AM

That will be a fun motor!
© 2024 Moparts Forums