Moparts

Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality?????

Posted By: mercman1

Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/03/18 11:38 PM

Just got my 270s and was wondering if I need to completely disassemble and check all valve/guide clearances, spring pressures and so on. Can I just check spring pressures on one or two valves on each head?
I will obviously be checking piston to valve, push rod and other clearances as well as rocker arm geometry.
Tell me from experience with Trick Flow heads how yours turned out.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/03/18 11:40 PM

They should be ready to go out of the box but if you have the tools it doesn't hurt to pull them apart and check everything. If you don't have the tools to do that job then you have to decide if you're going to take them to a shop or not. I've used a few sets of the Trick Flow heads now and they were all just fine right out of the box.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/03/18 11:48 PM

Mine were honed just a touch on the guides to my
builders liking , but he said we didnt haave to , but now
Hes happy- he disassembled all , because hes anal..
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/04/18 12:41 AM

I bought the mid level ones good to .680 lift. My installed heights were all over the place, spring pressures were extremely low, and the springs coil binded at .680. The guides and seats were spot on. Check them. Birdtracker
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/04/18 02:23 AM

I have a set in the shop now........ the guide clearance is def tighter than what I’d prefer to see...... on this set they’re right at .0006”.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/04/18 03:30 AM

Always assume parts are junk OOTB until proven otherwise. Just because nobody else has had any problems doesn't mean you won't.

Kevin
Posted By: RRandP92

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/04/18 03:51 AM

Had mine gone through, guides were tight and everything needed to be cleaned thoroughly.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Trick Flow 270 OOTB quality????? - 09/04/18 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By Twostick
Always assume parts are junk OOTB until proven otherwise. Just because nobody else has had any problems doesn't mean you won't.

Kevin

Remember every week has a monday and a Friday and possibly a thirsty Thursday
© 2024 Moparts Forums