Moparts

Trans Brake Usesr

Posted By: scottb

Trans Brake Usesr - 07/17/18 08:52 PM

When using your trans brake when do you get on the brake when both drivers are staged or when the first light comes on bottom bulb racing
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/17/18 09:00 PM

Matter of preference I suppose, I engage as soon as both cars stage and go to WOT when 1st bulb blinks
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/17/18 09:31 PM

I was letting go as soon as the top bulb lit
if both cars were in the lights and hitting the
pedal at that time
wave
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 01:21 AM

if you mean when do I get on the throttle after staging the car and engaging the trans brake button I wait until the first light on my side comes on and then go to WOT, this a S/P car with a Mega 400 box for the trans brake delay releasing the trans. brake after me releasing the button and the W.O.T switch gets activated shruggy
As far as applying the trans brake button I creep into the stage light very slowly(under 2000 RPM) and as soon as I see it light up I press the trans brake button, get my foot off of the brake peddle and wait until the top light comes on and then go to WOT and hold on boogie
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 01:39 AM

When do I set it? As soon as the stage bulb comes on, stab the brake, punch the button and mat it. That was protree racing.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 02:05 AM

I am like Cab, and mat the throttle at the first bulb, my car rev's pretty quick so I just barely hit the two step, I don't like to sit for any time on the two step, I think it's rough on the internals of the engine and tranny, but thats just me. shruggy
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 03:31 AM

Be aware of your competitors dial.... you run 10’s and mat the throttle when mr 14sec takes off, you’ll see some pretty impressive trans temps!

Stage on the button, mat the throttle when my side starts coming down.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 04:44 AM

If I were bracket racing seriously, I'd have all the enhancer/crosstalk/whizbang tricks they'll let me use. Stage it, set the brake and mat it, jerk your thumb off the switch on yellow, hang on.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Trans Brake Usesr - 07/18/18 07:33 AM

Set the trans. brake when you are staged. No matter who stages first. Guys I know actually bump into being fully staged with the trans. brake button. Obviously bottom bulb, no electronics guys.
© 2024 Moparts Forums