Moparts

Been a long time

Posted By: RonP

Been a long time - 06/05/18 04:21 AM

Hey folks,

Took quite a break from the site. Let the duster go a few years ago and was running a lot of modern hemi stuff and I recently picked up some old muscle with the intent of putting a modern hemi in it, but as of right now it is staying as is.

Just retired from the Marine Corps after 30 years and am now doing some defense contracting work. I will be running this car locally and I still run a 2017 Hellcat Challenger in a modern hemi series.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 04:35 AM

Looks great Ron. Have fun with it and welcome back. Thank you for your service
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 05:01 AM

Thank you for your service Ron --- bow

Welcome back to the site and looks like a really nice car you found. Maybe set it up for some NSS stuff before converting to new gen stuff.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 05:11 AM

Very nice. up
Thank you for your service and I hope your defense contracting keeps you on this side of the big pond. luck
Welcome back. boogie

Tim
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 07:15 AM

Awesome ride Ron and good to see ya back on here and thankxxx for your service......... beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 08:39 AM

I didn't know there was a CWO5 ranking in any of the branches of the services confused
Did you ever spend any time in the Stumps? whistling work
I went to high school there, met a lot of good people and Marines there up
30 years is a long time in any job, I worked for 33 years for the phone company in SO CA Mojave desert, 29 Palms for 6 years and the rest in the Victor Valley working for another smaller independent telephone company that GTE bought in 1991 runaway
GTE got bought several years later by Atlantic Bell which is now known as Verizon shruggy
I did spend 21 months active duty in the U.S Army from December 1966 to September 1968, nine months in Germany and the rest in the states.
working in and around 29 palms before getting drafted and then working 21 years around George AFB show me that there is a world of differences between the different branches of the U.S. armed services work up grin
Posted By: tex013

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 09:39 AM

Looks great

Tex
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 05:06 PM

Glad to see you back here Ron! That new car is badass! Congrats again on your retirement and thankyou for your service!
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 05:27 PM

Nice ride!
Posted By: RustyM

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 08:43 PM

Thank you for your service!
Beautiful car.
Congrats on your retirement, hope adjustment isn't too rough.

My son just retired from your Taxi service, though assigned to Seal support group.

Welcome back to civi life- grin
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Been a long time - 06/05/18 09:04 PM

Welcome back, Ron would also like to thank you for your service. This is like a 2005 reunion! I really like your '64 and bet your having fun racing the hellcat too. How fast have you gone in the hellcat?
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 03:51 AM

Welcome back! Was wondering where you went.
Posted By: humpty

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 05:27 AM

Beautiful car and thank you for your service!
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 06:58 AM

WOW. Good find, I like it.

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 02:01 PM

Cab,

Yeah, the CWO5 rank came about in 1992 for the Marine Corps. Very few spots available. For what I do, I was 1 of 3 in the entire Marine Corps.

I started my whole career in the stumps at an electronics school. Showing up at 29 palms was quite a surprise in 1988. Let's just say I quickly understood that the name "29 palms" was much more pleasing to the ear than the city was to my eyes. HAHA.

The Marine Corps was a great decision on my part. Definitely trying at times over the years, but I would do it all over again in a minute.

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Awesome ride Ron and good to see ya back on here and thankxxx for your service......... beer

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Looking forward to getting back to being a little more active here again.

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Glad to see you back here Ron! That new car is badass! Congrats again on your retirement and thankyou for your service!

Thanks Chip, even though it was a short period, It was nice catching up at Rockingham.

Originally Posted By TonyS451
Welcome back, Ron would also like to thank you for your service. This is like a 2005 reunion! I really like your '64 and bet your having fun racing the hellcat too. How fast have you gone in the hellcat?

Thanks Tony. I saw your post right after I posted mine and thought the same thing about a reunion. I am loving the 64 so far. So far on pump gas I have had a PB of 10.08 in the hellcat. I have a no doubt 9.9x race gas tune for it, but have yet to run it.

Originally Posted By dustergirl340
Welcome back! Was wondering where you went.

Thanks. Nice to see you still here.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Been a long time - 06/06/18 07:06 PM

Welcome back. That's one nice 64. Good luck racing it. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums