Moparts

Timing Light Spring/Connector

Posted By: 340Cuda

Timing Light Spring/Connector - 05/11/18 04:46 PM

Does anybody here have a source for one of these? It is a coil that can be either attached to the distributor cap or the spark boot to attach a timing light. This particular one came from a very old Craftsman timing light that works well with MSD units. It would not need to be exactly the same just have the same function.

Thanks!!!

Attached picture TimingLightSpring.JPG
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Timing Light Spring/Connector - 05/11/18 06:55 PM

That's real old school. I have old timing lights but they have the inductive pick up. Ebay maybe or make something out of a set of old school spring type tubing benders.

Re: Timing Light Spring/Connector - 05/12/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
That's real old school. I have old timing lights but they have the inductive pick up. Ebay maybe or make something out of a set of old school spring type tubing benders.

Thanks for the ideas.

I would not even know what to search for on eBay or anywhere else.

I lost one spring then bought another complete timing light just like it on eBay for next to nothing.

However I would like to have one complete setup for the trailer and another for the shop.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Timing Light Spring/Connector - 05/13/18 04:56 AM

I have one of those but it came with the used light I purchased so I have no idea of its origin. You might trim a stud down so it will snug in the cap/boot so you have an area to clamp your light

Re: Timing Light Spring/Connector - 05/13/18 02:54 PM

Thanks Robert, I had not thought of that.
Bill
© 2024 Moparts Forums