Moparts

Matt Hagan and Robert Hight

Posted By: theraif

Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/19/18 10:09 PM

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/19/18 10:59 PM

Hight did an awesome job driving that thing. Hagans chutes caught air way sooner than Hights, and Hight was right behind him. I don't how Hight managed to not drive up Hagans hind end!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/19/18 11:20 PM

Damn Chevy engines blowing up like that. Shame shame.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Damn Chevy engines blowing up like that. Shame shame.

Hagan's is a Dodge. boogie
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 01:16 AM

yeah, but the chevy blew up worse...

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By maximum entropy
yeah, but the chevy blew up worse...
w

Yaaa the Chevy totally blew up. Lol. Almost as bad as his fords did
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 03:49 AM

Force on Comp Plus said he's approaching a million dollars for what he's blown up this year. I assume that's spread across all teams. At least I hope.
Posted By: topside

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 04:23 AM

Guessing a good $250K, more or less, per wreck; pretty much killed the dragster, at least one FC chassis, I think 4 FC bodies, plus a lot of mechanical bits.
On the FC side, if the rev limiter is at all involved, that's gonna be a fun interview...

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By topside
Guessing a good $250K, more or less, per wreck; pretty much killed the dragster, at least one FC chassis, I think 4 FC bodies, plus a lot of mechanical bits.
On the FC side, if the rev limiter is at all involved, that's gonna be a fun interview...

3 chassis for John alone this year and I don't know how many bodies.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 06:00 AM

He's got all the bodies buried in the back yard. Scotland Yard should investigate. Glad those two chaps steered those two dizzied FC's to a safe stop, yet I suspect they both got a case of diaper rash.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 07:03 AM

Did you see the night and day excitement level between the two drivers? Hagan was fired up so much he was shaking and obviously in fear, you could see it in his eyes. Hight was standing there solemn. There were track problems all weekend long for a lot of cars. Broken run after broken run during qualifying and race day. Maybe NHRA has figured out why all that small tire/no prep and the like is so popular. shruggy There's been wrecks in every race this year.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 01:24 PM

Perhaps NHRA will redeem itself and its ticket sales when the general public figures out that an NHRA race with its wrecks is like a rival Hockey game finals or WWE event.LOL.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 05:22 PM

On that note, maybe NHRA should give points for BIG Explosions, wrecks,crossing the centerline and smashing into the competitors . LOL
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Perhaps NHRA will redeem itself and its ticket sales when the general public figures out that an NHRA race with its wrecks is like a rival Hockey game finals or WWE event.LOL.

They did sell out on Saturday and that was not the first time this year...
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Hight did an awesome job driving that thing. Hagans chutes caught air way sooner than Hights, and Hight was right behind him. I don't how Hight managed to not drive up Hagans hind end!
It looked to me that Hight may have had a piece of the body that could have been blocking his view for a while also.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 07:57 PM

They had so much tire smoke, some people thought they showed up for a drifting event instead of a drag race. Sportsman cars were blowing the tires off. Bunch of cars wrecked at the points race the previous week.
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 08:52 PM

A good friend lives in Jacksonville, and he would go to Green Cove Springs (RIP) before Gainsville. The track is bad. It's about an hour to get there, but he tows 2.5hrs to Valdosta instead.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/20/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
It looked to me that Hight may have had a piece of the body that could have been blocking his view for a while also.

I watched it again, you are right. Amazing save.

We get desensitized to the danger when we see all these catastrophic events on the track, with the drivers walking away. In reality, at these speeds, their lives are on the line when things go awry like this.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/21/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Hight was standing there solemn.

that happens when you get served your plate of LOSER so early in the day.... laugh2
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/21/18 06:08 PM

I had a great weekend spectating , 😎
Hight did a incredible job driving , as soon as Matt Hagen got out of his car , he ran over to the safety Safari guys to find out who won .
The track had mine shaft conditions for divisional , da was 400 at some time,
Also Thursday and Friday . I think it had more to do with the tire slip then the track surface it self . If I'm not mistaken several guys,hit there indexes,or were real close in s ss.
A lot of the guys in factory stock were running 8.20s,
Overpowering the track, cause everyone was making the horsepower.
Nitro Harley sucks,20 entrered seemed like 4 made it down the track in 4 q sessions

Jim F
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/21/18 08:00 PM

After 54 years have they finally reached the pinnacle of the Hemi engine foundation? Where can they go now?
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/21/18 10:42 PM

We don't have any idea because they are penalized by rules.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 07:46 PM

Straighten the push rod angle by relocating the lifters, raise the cam to shorten the push rods. There are things.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 08:21 PM

What Steroids is Matt Hagen taking and please don't tell me that's hard training? The guy is jacked.

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By Sammy
What Steroids is Matt Hagen taking and please don't tell me that's hard training? The guy is jacked.

Owning and working a farm will do that to you.

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 08:31 PM

A bunch of my friends and I would spend lots of time on a farm 5 miles from my house when we were young. We loved riding the mowers cutting grass and tinkering in the main barn. The owner retired as a foreman in the mill so he hadn’t worked the land in years. He would grab a 16 pound sledgehammer and stick his arm straight out and slowly bring the head of the sledge down and gently touch his nose. 10 times, each arm. We almost killed ourselves trying that.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 08:44 PM

He sure is jacked.. the wife spotted that at the race
where he and Height lost the bodies
On TV
wave
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/22/18 09:15 PM

A bunch of my friends and I would spend lots of time on a farm 5 miles from my house when we were young. We loved riding the mowers cutting grass and tinkering in the main barn. The owner retired as a foreman in the mill so he hadn’t worked the land in years. He would grab a 16 pound sledgehammer and stick his arm straight out and slowly bring the head of the sledge down and gently touch his nose. 10 times, each arm. We almost killed ourselves trying that.

I'm pretty sure Hagen is not doing any farming and hasn't in quite a few years. Those bulging veins in his neck and arms are the tell tale signs of steroids. I'm wondering if the NHRA does drug testing? whistling
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/23/18 12:45 AM

Yes, they do.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/24/18 03:11 AM

Remember when A.J. got suspended for one race because he tested positive for alcohol.

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/24/18 03:36 AM

[quote=OUTLAWSSAA]Remember when A.J. got suspended for one race because he tested positive for alcohol. [/quote

Yes I do. Do you know the story behind it or just digging up 💩
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/25/18 05:24 AM

[quote=OUTLAWSSAA]Remember when A.J. got suspended for one race because he tested positive for alcohol. [/quote

Yes I do. Do you know the story behind it or just digging up 💩

Yes, I know the story behind it. As a matter of fact, he told me himself. But thats not why I mentioned it. Someone stated a couple of posts up that NHRA doesn't do drug testing.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 03/26/18 03:40 PM

Friend is on Brittany's dragster team .

Says they are pulling the main studs out of the blocks causing it, they are not sure why , maybe the material is substandard they are looking into every thing
Posted By: midnightblus10

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 09/04/18 01:50 PM

I'm pretty sure Hagen is not doing any farming and hasn't in quite a few years. Those bulging veins in his neck and arms are the tell tale signs of steroids. I'm wondering if the NHRA does drug testing? whistling

Well we know not to ask you anything as you couldn't even get this correct and all it takes it about 15 seconds to find proof that he still does and has been in 2018. He got a new tractor in March and posted a vid of him USING IT ON THE FARM.

But you're pretty sure, right? I'd put 20 grand on the fact that you never even researched whether he even still works on his own farm. Had you, then you wouldn't have made that ignorant statement about him not working on his own farm and that he hasn't for "quite a few years".

You're wrong. But let's not let facts get in the way of gossip. Smh. You have unlimited information at your fingertips but I guess you're just too lazy to research a subject before giving out so much misinformation.

FYI that's the definition of willful ignorance.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Matt Hagan and Robert Hight - 09/04/18 04:43 PM

Damn, just cut his head off next time ozbbq
© 2024 Moparts Forums