Moparts

Clark Rand passed away

Posted By: bigdad

Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 03:30 PM

sadly , after a battle with the awful C word, we lost CLark

He had some killer ex-race cars and will be missed by his family and large group of Mopar fans

rip Sir, your work will live on

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 03:33 PM

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 03:41 PM

https://www.moparmagazine.com/2017/08/clark-rand-restores-legends/

Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 04:04 PM

Kind of strange, I searched for an obituary and could not find one.

About all I could find.

Robert Clark Rand
April 13, 1949 - February 15, 2018

He was from Springfield Missouri.

He obviously had some wonderful cars.

RIP Mr. Rand

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 04:18 PM

I think ( not sure ) he made arrangements for the cars to be put with another collection , he was still buying items for other cars so , he was not about to give in ..

very sad, nice guy
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 04:35 PM

I am glad his collection will be kept together.

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 04:41 PM

The ramp truck is now parked about 4 miles from my house
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 05:36 PM

What a bummer. He had a passion for those old race cars, and was willing to share them with everyone to see.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By bigdad
sadly , after a battle with the awful C word, we lost CLark

He had some killer ex-race cars and will be missed by his family and large group of Mopar fans

Tom T's AWB has been getting some press lately...

Attached picture Scan0003.jpg
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/20/18 10:49 PM

F that c!!!!!!RIP sir
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 02/21/18 07:32 PM

Oh no, not Clark! eek RIP Mr. Rand, you always brought the coolest stuff to the shows and you were quite the gentleman... bow angel
Posted By: moparts

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/06/18 12:31 AM

Quote:
Hello,

I'm not a member of your group but I want to comment on Clark's passing. We went to Missoure Southern college together in the late 1960s and had some good times. We both played trombone in various groups. He put together a Chicago style band with the same flair that he ran his advertising business and love of cars. I think he was from Arkansas; his dad was very high up in one of the military reserves. I could go on a long time but just wanted the Mopar folks to know a little more. Feel free to post this in the thread.

Thanks, Phil Edmondson

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/06/18 02:46 AM

Sad passing of a great person .. RIP Clark, thanks for all you have done to keep the history alive
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/06/18 04:14 AM

So sad. Saw Hagen's Arrow at MCACN a couple years ago. It was gorgeous. RIP sir.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/22/23 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
F that c!!!!!!RIP sir
Let's all donate soon! It's taken so many loved ones and great Mopar people!!!

I just now went to site and gave $50. This was a reminder for me it was time to give again!

https://donate.cancer.org/?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/23/23 06:29 AM

Have you look at their operating budget and seen how much they contribute to curing cancer research versus their operating budget and salary to their upper management as well as all of the ir operating expenses?
If not maybe you should twocents scope work
Many charities consume 80 to 95 % of their income to wages of employees and a lot of those employees make a lot more per year than a comparable employee in the private sector makes work scope
I remember seeing a comparison of the American Red Cross San Digo, CA chapter budget back in the mid 1990s versus the Salvation Army budget for the same area. The chief operating officer of the American Red Cross, the head of that chapter, was paid almost $250.000.00 per year I think work She was a retired military officer and had 25 employees in that office. shruggy The same Chief officer in the Salvation Army was paid less than $50.000.00 per year and over 50 employees in that chapter work
I had a family emergency occur while I was in the U.S. Army in 1967 and I had to borrow money from the American Red Cross to travel to see my grandfather before he passed away after being operated on, our family was told it was to late to save him from the intestinal cancer in his abdomen. I had to pay that money back to them a little at a time, My gross salary per month as a E3 under two years in service was 125.00 a month before taxes and Social Secuity deductions and I was married so my wife got $45.00 a month of my salary also along with another $65.00 a month housing allowance she got per month from the Army shock Lucky for us she was able to move back in with her parents while I was in the Army from December 1966 to September of 1968, I applied for and got a 3 month early release to go to college boogie grin up
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: Clark Rand passed away - 05/23/23 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by hemi-itis
F that c!!!!!!RIP sir
Let's all donate soon! It's taken so many loved ones and great Mopar people!!!

I just now went to site and gave $50. This was a reminder for me it was time to give again!

https://donate.cancer.org/?

There will never be a cure as long as there is profit in "research".

Quit donating for research and put the profit in the cure.......you'll see a cure tomorrow.

The medical field learned that lesson years ago with the polio vaccine. They won't make that mistake again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums