Moparts

EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up

Posted By: Bad340fish

EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 05:04 PM

I just about have this thing wrapped up. I fired it up and ran it for a few seconds yesterday just to make sure all was well before I filled it with water. I bought the wrong throttle cable and I haven't bought an air filter setup yet so I won't drive it until next weekend, then onto the track(hopefully) on the 3rd.

Previous best with the stock hood and a single throttle body was a 10.83@124@3600lbs. I am hoping for a hat trick of increases(i know lol) tunnel ram, fresh air(no hood), less weight(no hood).

Attached picture IMG_0394.JPG
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 05:15 PM

Looks great. I really like the neat installation of the DIS system. Good luck with the mods.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 05:51 PM

Very nice! drool Hope it all works well for you. boogie
Posted By: madscientist

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 07:15 PM

Why the spacers under the throttle bodies and who's DIS are you using???

Looks very good!

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 07:37 PM

I used the spacers to turn the throttle bodies so I could use inline linkage. The fuel rails kind of wipe out the chance of using the bel crank style linkage like a sideways mount would require. So I used the 4500 top for the manifold and some 4150 to 4500 spacers so I could turn the throttle bodies. I don't like it but for now it is what works.

The Coils are run by the Megasquirt 3 Fuel Injection
Posted By: ProSport

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 08:40 PM

Looks awesome!
Posted By: madscientist

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/18/18 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
I used the spacers to turn the throttle bodies so I could use inline linkage. The fuel rails kind of wipe out the chance of using the bel crank style linkage like a sideways mount would require. So I used the 4500 top for the manifold and some 4150 to 4500 spacers so I could turn the throttle bodies. I don't like it but for now it is what works.

The Coils are run by the Megasquirt Fuel Injections

Thanks.
Posted By: jcc

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/19/18 01:52 AM

Looks nice.

I have a similar SB EFI TR setup I'm also wrapping up. Two questions, it looks like your fuel enters in the rear on one rail and returns on the other? I set-up mine to enter on rear, and returns on front, on opposite corner, just seemed best for fuel temp and any pressure drop, that also means I connect both rails together, front and rear.

Second, I also have a upward curved crossover in front, I wanted to trap a pressurized air pocket to dampen any injector fuel pulsing. Not sure it indeed will trap an air pocket. Was this also your intention?

Were did you located your air temp sensor?

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/19/18 03:35 AM

I run a holley regulator and that is the suggested plumbing they included in the manual. The regulator has two returns and I have considered changing it to where it feeds each rail individually but I wasn't ready to spend anymore on the project. I had planned on going that route when I made the intake change but I had to spend $200 in fittings just to be able to use the lines I had from my old intake that was an expense I didn't plan on.

There is no reason for the curved crossover other than making sure I had clearance for my radiator line(closer than it looks in the picture). Also when I try and make an AN line to exact length it usually comes up a little short once it is all assembled, the curve gave some room for error.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/19/18 03:55 AM

Looks like a nice clean install to me. Hope it runs as good as it looks.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/19/18 07:38 AM

Looks good beer
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 02/19/18 04:08 PM

Very cool!
keep us posted with new ETs

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/04/18 05:44 AM

After getting signed up for Drag Week 2018 I headed to the track.

It was a busy day and I only got two passes in but it ran a new best right off.

60 1.495 previously a 1.516
660 6.77 from 6.87
1/8th MPH 100.4 from 99.8
1/4 10.71 from 10.833
No improvement in MPH.

The air wasn't quite as good as some of the previous best and it is out of gear. Its best MPH was set with some bias ply slicks and it hasn't touched that since I went to a radial. I broke my 3.91 gears so I have been running some 4.56s and it is crossing at 7300 and it is pretty much tapped at that point. I have a Dana with 4.10s in progress.

I have to give some props to Mickey Thompson. I got there late in the day and the track didn't look good and there was lots of street tires on it. The Pro Bracket radials dead hooked on both passes.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/04/18 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
After getting signed up for Drag Week 2018 I headed to the track.

It was a busy day and I only got two passes in but it ran a new best right off.

I have to give some props to Mickey Thompson. I got there late in the day and the track didn't look good and there was lots of street tires on it. The Pro Bracket radials dead hooked on both passes.

That is good to here up bow up
I need a new set for my S/P bracket Cuda, debating between another set of bias or radials work
Thanks for the help thumbs

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/04/18 02:41 PM

I log driveshaft speed so I can confirm-zero slip.

I ran them last year also, only had issues on one occasion on a marginal track. I have learned a little more about shock setup and I think I can overcome that now. They are wearing very well also, I have a good amount of passes and I have been lazy and left them on for street duty a little bit also.

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 12:36 AM

Good shot from the track photog.

Attached picture 28514323_10214029465082384_4374521732258718289_o.jpg
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 03:59 AM

With the right gear it WILL Mph better on the radials than the bias tires. Assuming hook.
Every smallblock i have swapped to radials has been quicker, faster and better 60 foot.
Its an upgrade not running flat tires down a track
Posted By: sam64

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 04:11 AM

that is about as square of a leave you could ask for!Good job,I may have to quiz you on shock settings for my car since I put cal-tracs on it.

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
With the right gear it WILL Mph better on the radials than the bias tires. Assuming hook.
Every smallblock i have swapped to radials has been quicker, faster and better 60 foot.
Its an upgrade not running flat tires down a track

I don't have any doubt there, I have always run an ET street radial in a smaller size. When I swapped these 4.56s in I was given some 28" Bias to try and they worked great and it ran good MPH. The first pass I made with the Pro-Bracket radials was new best all the way down except for MPH.

Originally Posted By sam64
that is about as square of a leave you could ask for!Good job,I may have to quiz you on shock settings for my car since I put cal-tracs on it.

Sam don't know much but I do know there is a good thread on yellow bullet. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288916 between that and some of the Knowledge the late great Monte Smith shared with us here I think I have a general idea of what to do.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 04:47 AM

That's a good read on YB , thanks for posting.
Posted By: 360tripleblack77

Re: EFI W2 Tunnel Ram wrapping up - 03/05/18 01:27 PM

Congrats for your new best. is always nice drop your ET time!

When I changed from Super Victor to Tunnel Ram I had a similar improvment.

60ft 1.50 from 1.54
660 6.73 from 6.98
1/8th MPH 102.54 from 100.68
© 2024 Moparts Forums