Moparts

Viking shocks fyi

Posted By: sixpackgut

Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 05:44 PM

A fellow drag weeker and friend works at Newman Hass Racing. Dyno testing viking shocks today.

These are the less expensive warrior line. The opinion of the shock nerd at the shop. Excellent shock. Especially for the money

Attached picture imagejpeg_0_3.jpg
Attached picture imagejpeg_1.jpg
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 06:10 PM

I would sure love to upgrade the shocks on my black Duster. They were used when I bought the car 11 years ago and I couldn't even tell you what brand they are but they went 1.250 sixty foot last year and I would be pissed if I upgraded them and went slower.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 06:40 PM

Off of your recomendation and a few others I put some Vikings on the rear and I have been real happy with them.

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I would sure love to upgrade the shocks on my black Duster. They were used when I bought the car 11 years ago and I couldn't even tell you what brand they are but they went 1.250 sixty foot last year and I would be pissed if I upgraded them and went slower.

Doubtful that featherweight would go slower. Sell one of your 40 360 blocks
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Doubtful that featherweight would go slower. Sell one of you 40 360 blocks

Come on now I never said anywhere near that many. 40 cheese and rice do your think I’m a hourder or something
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 06:54 PM

Thanks for posting this. When I upgraded and went with the Vi-Kings so many guys said they too new and not as good as the other mid level shock.I did get the more aggressive valving for the rear.
You have reinforced my decition

Attached picture 7.8.15 014.jpg
Attached picture 7.27.14 001.jpg
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 07:05 PM

good to hear. I just put a set on the cuda
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 07:14 PM

Nice to hear!

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Doubtful that featherweight would go slower. Sell one of you 40 360 blocks

Come on now I never said anywhere near that many. 40 cheese and rice do your think I’m a hourder or something

We all know your a hoarder lol
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 07:32 PM

1.19 60ft.with Vikings all the way around..with leaf springs
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 08:59 PM

To my understanding after past discussions with Viking tech/sales reps at expo shows, Viking brand was created by the QA1 ppl ... certain staff left QA1 to form their own company... Viking (located in the Minnpls MN area, ala... "Viking".. not far away from the QA1 factory, etc. also, Viking only produces and sells double-adjustable shocks (if that's still true), thereby keeping costs down, instead of having multi-lines of shocks.

I intend to get the Vikings dbl-adj for my AX/HSAX/HPDE Challenger T/A.. replacing my old red Konis. Dbl-adj shocks gives the ultimate in fine-tuning the ride, etc... performance intended.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 09:16 PM

I decided to go to the track next Thursday w/just the rear's I got from WHITEDART and the second battery to see how they help............. beer
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 09:20 PM

I have Vikings on my car also.
Posted By: varunner

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/26/18 09:58 PM

who has best prices on vikings ?
Posted By: LA360

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 09:24 AM

I can't remember if it was Monte or another small tire tuner I know said it, the QA1 stuff wasn't great. Glad to hear the Viking stuff seems to be good.

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By LA360
I can't remember if it was Monte or another small tire tuner I know said it, the QA1 stuff wasn't great. Glad to hear the Viking stuff seems to be good.

Since you brought it up and not me. They bought qa1's prior and returned them.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 05:54 PM

I bought mine direct. The price was GREAT!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 05:58 PM

Thanks for sharing Ray!
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 06:29 PM

They are very customer friendly from my experience.

Viking was nice enough to help me put together a double-adjustable shock to fit a Dodge Aspen on the front for a "Stock" application. F/M/J body cars have the shortest shocks I've ever seen on a "regular" car. It was a close fit and I had to add some bump stops, but they've worked well so far. I just have to get more runs it. I think Calvert has something. But even OEM HD shocks are too soft and nothing that's adjustable.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/27/18 07:20 PM

For pricing, I think small discounts are avlbl through PST's web-site.

Remember Carrera shocks? They were amongst the best for any serious competition car, in particular for handling improvemnt. QA1 bought them out. Later, certain key staff left QA1 to form Viking. I've talked with them at the trade shows... good ppl.... QA1 also good ppl.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/28/18 12:44 AM

The complaint about the QA1 shocks was the valving was too close together
Posted By: challenger451ci

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/28/18 03:32 AM

I like my Vikings so far. They seem to have a good range of adjustment.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/28/18 06:10 AM

They have been in business for a few years now, and their website still says "under construction".
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/28/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By DusterDave
They have been in business for a few years now, and their website still says "under construction".

If you have questions just call, very good customer service.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Viking shocks fyi - 01/28/18 04:48 PM

Agree on the service, I discusses with them via email what I needed than I bought from an E-bay vendor. One of them came without the bushings and they handled it quickly with no hassle. I need to get some fronts eventually.
© 2024 Moparts Forums