Moparts

Best head porting shops

Posted By: jkwedge540

Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 12:37 AM

I am look for someone to soften the chambers and go over my B/1 heads. Who do you guys recommend. I was looking at Al Neil.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 01:29 AM

Call Dwayne Porter.
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 02:11 AM

Dwayne Welder in Michigan.
Worked at many of the best shops in Michigan, raced with some of the best Super Stock guys in the 70's and 80's,

Is 2nd to none for hand porting.

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 05:01 AM

Porter hands down!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Porter hands down!

I agree as Dwayne Porter did awesome work on my heads and cam. And every car I see with some of his work done to it runs great. Ron
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 06:38 AM

Dwayne Porter does exceptional work. High quality and attention to detail seldom seen these days.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 08:02 AM

What does "soften the chambers mean"?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 04:15 PM

I'm a huge fan of Dwayne Porter's, but I'm not sure he does any chamber softening.
Look at Buck's Racing engines in NC, Slawko, or Hemphill up there by you in PA.

Cab...it's a modification (enlarging) to the combustion chamber making it more nitrous friendly.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I'm a huge fan of Dwayne Porter's, but I'm not sure he does any chamber softening.
Look at Buck's Racing engines in NC, Slawko, or Hemphill up there by you in PA.

Cab...it's a modification (enlarging) to the combustion chamber making it more nitrous friendly.

Chip,

I think your correct on this one. Dwayne doesnt do a ton of nitrous stuff, nor a ton of B1's, doesnt mean he woudnt, I am sure he will chime in here and advise.

If he doesnt or cant, I like 2 on your list for that.

1) Slawko
2) Bucks
Not sure if Brandywine is still around,Speier,Carl Fults etc, Do a little research with the nitrous guys and you'll see, but I think Buck and Slawko are two good choices. Monte Smith used to like Bucks work.
Posted By: Runnoft

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge

It's a very shallow, slightly angled concave cut on the quench pad area of the chamber. It makes the engine less timing sensitive and opens up the tuning window on heavy nitrous or boosted applications.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 05:31 PM

Quote:

Chip and Todd are correct.
I appreciate the confidence, but that type of work is a little out of my wheelhouse.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By Runnoft
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge

It's a very shallow, slightly angled concave cut on the quench pad area of the chamber. It makes the engine less timing sensitive and opens up the tuning window on heavy nitrous or boosted applications.

Thanks up
I leaned something new today bow
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Best head porting shops - 01/17/18 08:05 PM

Slawko....
© 2024 Moparts Forums