Moparts

Magnum Head Valve Springs

Posted By: hankcrank

Magnum Head Valve Springs - 12/28/17 01:09 AM

Is there an upgrade valve spring for these heads that use the stock retainers and locks and require no machining"
All the posts I can find on the subject are "maybe" "should" or "try"If someone actually has made this upgrade the brand and part number would be appreciated.
Thanks and have a Happy New Year
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Magnum Head Valve Springs - 12/28/17 01:33 AM

I have built a mess of them there magnums and never come across any upgrade spring using the stock retainers. The closest thing I have found for a cheap simple upgrade is the GM 3100 springs and retainers, they give just a little more pressure with a little lighter retainer for a nice overall upgrade that will work with mild cam upgrades. I have also shimmed the stock springs for very mild upgrades or just when I want to turn a stock cam higher RPM because I got rid of the beer barrel intake for something more performance oriented, they tend to be happy turning another 500 RPM with any better intake.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Magnum Head Valve Springs - 12/28/17 01:34 AM

Google............
LA confidential mopar
That article is about an enginemasters 318 magnum build. Lists part numbers, etc, etc.
Might help ya out with ideas
I bought the motor, ran superbly.......to 6500 rpm
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Magnum Head Valve Springs - 12/28/17 03:49 AM

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...mp;partid=30450

kit includes springs..retainer and locks...say no machining needed .550 lift coil bind @ .620.

Not sure about top of guide clearance.
© 2024 Moparts Forums