Moparts

Manley NexTek Valve Springs

Posted By: qwkmopardan

Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 01:49 AM

What is the differance in polished and non-polished springs. Polished over $200 more cash. All the installed heights are the same, pressures same at all listed heights. Longer life??? Worth the extra $200??
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 02:16 AM

Polishing springs is like stress relief. Removes any imperfections that can cause fractures.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 02:23 AM

Removes SURFACE imperfections/stress risers. That does NOT protect from inclusions inside the wire. They seem to have had a good track record for quality last time I checked but, I would do a quick internet search. Personally I wouldn't pay the extra money for this process.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 08:46 AM

iagree That's $200 toward another set.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 06:13 PM

I ran Manley Nexteks for a very long time on the Cuda. Never went with the polished ones and yes I know what the purpose is. NEVER broke a spring on that car and it had 1100 open pounds of pressure.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/06/17 11:08 PM

Just changed to PAC. Motorsports Unlimited was very knowledgeable. 216 390 4561.
Posted By: thegodfather

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/09/17 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By camastomcat
Just changed to PAC. Motorsports Unlimited was very knowledgeable. 216 390 4561.

**Was trying to PM you but, your PM box is full and will not accept anymore? Would like to talk to you about my B1 build since somewhere I read you’ve built 5 of them? Thx.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/09/17 03:56 PM

I emptied a bunch of old PM's. You should be able to now. No problem talking to you about your build.

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/09/17 06:18 PM

If you are breaking Nextek springs I’d better they are either not right for the application. Or more likely you have some interference with something. We have three B1 engines currently working fine with Nexteks.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/09/17 11:47 PM

Bob Book had a rant on Facebook about PAC springs, it appears he has had a lot of breakages with them. He is switching over to PSI on all his stuff. That said, the springs he is using are around 550lbs of seat pressure, so it may not apply to what we do with our engines.
He was reporting instances of springs not making it off the dyno without breaking, when they were previously making through a race meet or two.

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/10/17 03:17 AM

He was complaining about a specific spring actually, the 1355H. Whish is a Pro Stock style spring. As with most things there is more to the story than what you saw posted.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/10/17 05:30 AM

Not easy picking springs or anything in the valve train!
Them polished springs require see through valve covers runaway

Attached picture 8.15.17 076.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/11/17 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
He was complaining about a specific spring actually, the 1355H. Whish is a Pro Stock style spring. As with most things there is more to the story than what you saw posted.

There always is! He certainly wasn't happy though!

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/11/17 03:55 AM

He has the right to be for sure. And he is not the only one. I KNOW that PAC knows they had issues with the high end stuff and with customer service. I also KNOW that the situation is being addressed and hopefully will be resolved. But only time will tell.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Manley NexTek Valve Springs - 11/11/17 05:36 AM

Totally different conversation when the lift goes 1"+ and the ramps go steep...
© 2024 Moparts Forums