Moparts

Frustration with graphics shops

Posted By: 452RT

Frustration with graphics shops - 02/27/09 05:41 PM

I have gone through 3 graphic shops, trying to get one of them to finish their projects they started on my race car.
I am not looking for anything exotic and have really let them do as they want for design. This last shop started 3 weeks ago, no end in sight for an end.
Racing season is less than a month away and my race car still has no graphics on it.
Guess I am just venting. Seems the economy in my area must be good for the graphic/vinyl shops.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/27/09 06:06 PM

YES...sign shops are SUPER busy right now...or at least we are....making tons of FOR SALE and MOVE IN SPECIAL signs...also companies are advertising more to get the hard to come by dollar so the vehicle wraps and large format stuff has gone crazy....we are currently 4-6 weeks out on orders ....just ask Lil Demon I've trying to work on his stuff for weeks(just a few small decals).And I've pulled 4 all nighters in the last 9 days and been here a min. of 18 hours per day.Only reason I have time to jump on here is waiting for designs to RIP(Raster Image Process) to the printer.Your venting is merited....and I feel your pain...HECK I can't even get my race car wraped before the March Meet !!!...I'm about ready to fire my sign guy...
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/27/09 09:03 PM

Quote:

YES...sign shops are SUPER busy right now...or at least we are....making tons of FOR SALE and MOVE IN SPECIAL signs...also companies are advertising more to get the hard to come by dollar so the vehicle wraps and large format stuff has gone crazy....we are currently 4-6 weeks out on orders ....just ask Lil Demon I've trying to work on his stuff for weeks(just a few small decals).And I've pulled 4 all nighters in the last 9 days and been here a min. of 18 hours per day.Only reason I have time to jump on here is waiting for designs to RIP(Raster Image Process) to the printer.Your venting is merited....and I feel your pain...HECK I can't even get my race car wraped before the March Meet !!!...I'm about ready to fire my sign guy...

Wow that's great to hear that at least someone is busy and making money!

Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 12:18 AM

Quote:

chassisman
what does a average cost to wrap a complete car ?
would the charges go up according to detail of a graphics ??
cost between paint and airbrushing seems to me higher for the work nowdays with what mine cost 9 years ago.
thanks don

Attached picture 5058042-FRONTLAUNCH[2].jpg
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 02:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

chassisman
what does a average cost to wrap a complete car ?
would the charges go up according to detail of a graphics ??
cost between paint and airbrushing seems to me higher for the work nowdays with what mine cost 9 years ago.
thanks don

...Don complete wraps installed are around 18-22 sq ft ...so your "typical" complete car runs around 4k...but alot of the price is labor...if doing it yourself...figure 12-15 sq ft.....art charges are 45 per hour.
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 02:01 AM

hey are you putting a big MOPAR logo on that car?? make it look tougher!!!
Posted By: tazmaniac

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 02:39 PM

We just finished the rap for my daughters Junior wrap, scott is great to deal with..
http://www.revolutionwraps.com/

Poor quality on the pic,"Miss Bee Haben"

Attached picture 5059188-Picture_6.png
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 02:51 PM

Quote:

I have gone through 3 graphic shops, trying to get one of them to finish their projects they started on my race car.
I am not looking for anything exotic and have really let them do as they want for design. This last shop started 3 weeks ago, no end in sight for an end.
Racing season is less than a month away and my race car still has no graphics on it.
Guess I am just venting. Seems the economy in my area must be good for the graphic/vinyl shops.

why bother it's just another freakin chebby
Posted By: 452RT

Re: Frustration with graphics shops - 02/28/09 04:15 PM

Quote:

hey are you putting a big MOPAR logo on that car?? make it look tougher!!!

why bother it's just another freakin chebby

Chris, it would take more than a Mopar logo to make any Chevy look tough.

Quick, because it is just another Chebby it has to have something to make it stand out.
After all it is just another......

CAR

© 2024 Moparts Forums