Moparts

LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI

Posted By: wkeggenhoff

LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/03/17 10:58 PM

INSTALLED THIS FLEXABLE DIPSTICK WITH TTI HEADERS. tHE DIP STICK IS ROUND. NOT SUR IF ITS ME BUT HARD TO READ OIL LEVEL WHEN YPOU PULL IT OUT. ALMOST LIKE ITS GETTING WIPED OFF. EVEN WITH 5000KMS ON OIL HARD TO SEE LEVEL

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH THESE DIPSTICKS. WISH IT HAD THE FLAT TYPE OF STICK

THANKS
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/04/17 02:35 PM

Yep, it's a pain in the butt to read it. I actually have a piece of cable that I marked on each end...one mark to put my finger against so I touch it to the top of the tube when I put it in to check. The other shows the full level. Works much better.

When I built my hemi, I bought about 5 different dipsticks and the Lokar/Milodon style braided setup was the only one I got to fit worth a crap.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/04/17 06:57 PM

Right now I am not running one & would like to. My Mopar Mega block only had a tiny 1/8" NPT where the dipstick goes. Not thinking about it at the time I should have drilled & tapped it for a larger thread to accept some of these larger dipstick fittings.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/04/17 07:04 PM

File a flat into the stick.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/04/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
File a flat into the stick.

The Milodon dipstick I have actually does have a flat on the end of the stick, but it's still a PITA to read.
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: LOKAR OIL DIP STICK 528 HEMI - 10/05/17 12:27 AM

I bought a cheap chrome dipstick from summit for a RB motor. My lil brother got my tubing bender and tweaked it. Works fairly well. Took ALOT of messing around and that part was probably the most time consuming of my whole hemi swap.
© 2024 Moparts Forums