Moparts

36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing

Posted By: AndyF

36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 05:33 AM

I worked with Michael Doty to come up with a pulley and trigger wheel combo that fits with a stock water pump and keeps the stock pulley alignment.

This combination should work for guys who want a full featured EFI system but they want to keep the stock water pump and alternator and have a fairly stock looking engine.

Attached picture DSC_1152 (Large).JPG
Attached picture DSC_1155 (Large).JPG
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 05:58 AM

That's something I may need. What damper options is it setup to work with?

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 05:59 AM

It is designed to work with an ATI damper. The ATI damper is thicker than stock which is what is required to work with the shorter Doty pulley.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 04:38 PM

andy, what diameter are the water pump and crank pulleys ? TIA.
beer

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 09:21 PM

The Doty pulley is 5.75 OD but I don't think that is the correct way to measure a pulley. The actual drive portion of the pulley is smaller, maybe closer to 5 inches.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 08/23/17 09:52 PM

Yes, you need the pitch diameter. I don't know how to find it, though.
R.
Posted By: srunge55

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 09/18/17 08:22 AM

Hi Andy, is this crank wheel the same part as the AR402DM you currently have on your website or is this a new part not yet available? Also do you have a part number for the Doty pulley?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 09/18/17 05:00 PM

This is a new part number that isn't on the website yet. The Doty pulley is also new and not available yet. He sent me a prototype and I built a few trigger wheels to prove out the concept but he hasn't built a production run of pulleys yet.
Posted By: srunge55

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 09/18/17 06:34 PM

Thanks Andy, you guys got me really thinking hard about MPI and CnP on my current 512 low deck build.

Steve

Re: 36-1 trigger wheel with stock water pump housing - 09/18/17 07:36 PM

I'm going to switch my street car over to EFI with CNP so I'll have these parts available in the near future. I still need to design up a sensor bracket for the combination since my existing ones are too short. Not a high priority project for me at the moment but I've got it on the list.
© 2024 Moparts Forums