Moparts

B engine with powerglide

Posted By: Wedgeman

B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 04:28 AM

Anyone here tried the big block with a glide behind ?

Seems to be a problem with the glide adapter 8 bolt holes and the crank with 6 holes..

Dan
Posted By: 69Mcode440

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 04:45 AM

TCI sells a 6 bolt adapter.

Mike
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 05:20 AM

I've used both 6 and 8 bolt adaptors on several builds with zero issues. Summit has them listed if you can't find any
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 07:32 AM

I have both flex plates for either crank pattern shruggy
As already pointed out they are both available up
Posted By: 6PAK70CUDA

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 01:47 PM

The adapter is the least of your worries. If you have a torquemonster and you are using a brake you better be using all aftermarket internals. Don't ask me how I know...
Posted By: Wedgeman

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 02:05 PM

Since I don't know the first thing about powerglides,.what are the essential parts to change for 700lbs torque engine ?

School me on this...

Dan
Posted By: sr4440

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 02:24 PM

are you planning on using a transbrake?

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By Wedgeman
Since I don't know the first thing about powerglides,.what are the essential parts to change for 700lbs torque engine ?

School me on this...

Dan

Dan if you would give more details you will get way better info back. Lots of us running powerglides here so we can help you get started. 700 pounds of torque is going to need some upgrades for sure so start off telling us your plans, weight, power-adder, ect, ect, ect.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By Wedgeman

School me on this...

Dan

Call ATI or look on their website. They have packages for every horsepower level and won't sell you more than you need.

http://www.atiracing.com/products/trans/pg/index.htm

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 06:23 PM

ATI offers some nice stuff. I just bought a powerglide super case and 1.98 gear set for my black duster and a Sonnax 1.58 gear set for my small tire car. After all these years of running powerglides I finally cracked a case
Posted By: Clanton

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 06:49 PM

I called RPM in Indiana for some advice on a th400 and they were very helpful.You can call or e-mail
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 07:31 PM

Both the highest power robber automatic trannys are the TH400 and the C6 shruggy 3 drums and 3 sets of planetary gears are used in both of those trannys scope
Posted By: Clanton

Re: B engine with powerglide - 07/31/17 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Both the highest power robber automatic trannys are the TH400 and the C6 shruggy 3 drums and 3 sets of planetary gears are used in both of those trannys scope
OK ignore the part about the th400 my point was the help in the phone call.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: B engine with powerglide - 08/01/17 04:39 PM

Well had one behind a 1088hp low deck and have one now behind a 1000+hp low deck now. Never any issues with either. Build it right with the right parts and no issues. Current piece is an FTI..
© 2024 Moparts Forums