Moparts

NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago

Posted By: Al_Alguire

NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/24/17 04:58 PM

We will be running the at the NMCA Super Bowl at Rt66 in Joliet this weekend. We will be running in NA10.5. Be hgreat to meet any members that are attending or racing. Will be there on Thursday running tnt. Look for the little red vette smile
If you are there come on by and say hello!! Oh yah I'm the tall one with the car smile

Attached picture image_zpsh67hheef.JPEG
Posted By: nssracer1

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/24/17 07:07 PM

Be there with my 2 cars!!!!!
Posted By: dvw

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/24/17 08:42 PM

To bad it's the same weekend as Monster Mopar. Maybe next year.
Doug
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/24/17 11:18 PM

Yep. Same weekend as Monster Mopar
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 03:44 AM

think it was last year too IIRC....
Posted By: scottb

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 03:57 AM

How fast is the vette
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 05:01 AM

See ya there Al, my brother and I will stop by and introduce ourselves Saturday
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 05:49 AM

Hope you guys do well... did any other cars from the West Coast make the trip..

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 06:22 AM

dang.... no Bangshift coverage this year. Is anyone hosting this online???

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 03:57 PM

Jay it is live on Speedvideo. Here is there link. The Canadians did the research smile We plan to run the TNT Thursday if we can get parked early enough. I am not making the road trip portion this year to Chicago as I'm flying in tomorrow.

http://www.speedvideo.com/live-event/nmca-nmra-all-star-nationals-2017/

Shiloh, nope we are it the rest are scared smile Well in our class anyway. The issue is the NMCA does not use the same rules East and West. The other cars we race with in the West are BB's and they have to carry a LOT more weight out East. We race at East weight all year long, still got those power windows baby smile

We have been 8.0's this year and always looking for more. The weather back here is a curve ball for us and I'm hoping with last years experience we can get up to speed quicker this year. Just need to ad timing to burn off all that water smile Its just a lil ole 400" SB with a single 4 and a cast intake and actually fairly heavy compared to our competition because of the oddball combo.

Spareparts by all means come by and introduce yourselves. We will be in Norwalk too for that NMCA race as well.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 05:24 PM

8.0 with a "little ole SB" cast intake and power windows is pretty damn impressive...

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/25/17 10:02 PM

Just got the "Speed Video" link in my email this am. Enjoy your water grains smile
Posted By: BradH

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/26/17 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By Jeepmon
8.0 with a "little ole SB" cast intake and power windows is pretty damn impressive...

Same thought here when I read that. grin
Posted By: tex013

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/26/17 02:08 AM

will be watching via 1320online.com
good luck

Tex

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/26/17 03:10 PM

Hopefully all goes well this weekend. Last year was a steep learning curve for us and we missed the TNT due to the time it took to get into the facility Thursday. Hopefully it goes smoother this time. We went quicker every pass last year and think we learned enough to apply this year to better hit the ground running. But we all know how when racing plans have a way of going out the window quickly....
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/27/17 04:18 AM

Al, crazy I shook free from work today and went to the track in Joliet. I saw the signs for the NMCA and wondered if you were there. Now I know. Too bad I have to fly home tomorrow.....good luck!

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/27/17 04:44 AM

Tom I am here. Got here at 5 and just finished dinner at Al's Steakhouse 😎
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/27/17 05:29 AM

Good luck this weekend Al. I wanted to come out but got asked to work Saturday.
Posted By: BobR

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/27/17 06:23 PM

No Joliet but I will be in St Louis next weekend for Mels' SCSN race.
Posted By: BobR

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/27/17 06:24 PM

Good luck to you!
Posted By: cudadon

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/29/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Just got the "Speed Video" link in my email this am. Enjoy your water grains smile

Today Saturday the air is MUCH better! 54* dew point, .41 vapor pressure, barometer is good 29.48" 1845' DA.

She ought to run good today. 78* for a high.

Don
Posted By: cudadon

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/29/17 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Tom I am here. Got here at 5 and just finished dinner at Al's Steakhouse 😎

Al good food at Al's steakhouse, no?
If you need anything I am close by, Don
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 07/29/17 11:36 PM

Al what's the weight and HP? Is it on nitrous

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/01/17 05:00 PM

Well we accomplished most of what we wanted. Everyone in our class, and a couple classes in front of us were complaining about the track. The east coast guys who run our class(NA10.5)said it was the worst rack they have run on all year. We certainly thought it was nowhere near as good as last year for sure but their thoughts confirmed our feelings. Anyway we had a few goals in mind coming end. All those were accomplished but still want more. Anyway we ended up qualified 4th with an 8.05. First round we bettered that with an 8.04. We ended up loosing in the semis under less than ideal conditions. Hot slick track. Slowed to an 8.10 but we also had the #1 qualifier who went 7.96. Driver did his job with a .015 lite but the extra 200 cubes from the #1 car drove around us up top to take a tight win. Were still loading up when the final was ran. Both cars spun bad at the hit and slowed way up. One thing we always do is get down the track, and did again this weekend. Just seem to not get those cars in the other lane doing anything wrong when we run them. Oh well that's racing..

We have dropped the stuff off at Koffels Place for safe keeping til the Norwalk race the 25-27th of August. Unfortunately we cannot make in changes before that race so we will keep chipping away at the tune. When the car gets back to Vegas after that race it is getting some new pieces to hopefully get us a bit more ET and Speed. If anyone is going to be at Norwalk please stop by and say hello. Got to meet a few new people this weekend and always enjoy that.

Cesar the car is all motor small block cast single 4. Weight is 2780 Ill let you all figure out the HP part. No nitrous just HP. We will be in the 7's before the year is over....Car works very well down low and we are starting to get the top half to match the bottom half. We should have put new tires on it and it bit us in the rear but we are getting there.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/01/17 05:14 PM

Glad to hear you and Ryan had a good time and from the sounds of it... It sounds like you are happy with your accomplishments... Wtg and keep us updated at the next race..
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/01/17 05:16 PM

That's one seriously bad ride! Sounds like yall had a fun weekend!

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/01/17 06:02 PM

A little frustrated but fun. The tire thing threw us for a loop. In retrospect they likely were going away Friday night, as that was the last typical leave for the car all weekend.Left with the front up til well past 60' mark and only a 1.17 60', tripping it with other than the front tires. But 3.30 to the 330' and 5.10 to the 1/8 were both very good. After that we were blaming the track, and others were complaining so didn't put much thought into it. After looking at all we changed and the racepack it seems obvious it just needs tires. Best 60' after Friday night was 1.15' with the front end and that pass was slower to the 330 and 660 but faster over all. So if we could have put those two runs together would have been much better. Could just not get the act together enough to make a great run..

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 03:58 AM

al that thing is some serious race car .. iam not trying to be an a hole but this ride is faster than your prostock hemi powered barracuda is that what you are saying or iam mistaken ? you have done a great job AL god bless you your talent and expertise man !

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 05:53 AM

76 Vette T-tops and power windows + period correct Pioneer Super Tuner III stereo..... nothing to see here laugh2
Posted By: dvw

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 11:17 AM

AS always a fine showing.
Doug

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 04:49 PM

Cesar, Yes it is faster. I used to tease him about being slower than a Mopar but cant do that anymore. I had more MPH than the little red car by 4mph. Best pass I ever had was an 8.19, but it was not my only car or my main focus as that was with the big tire car. I have not raced in almost three years and with this car it is his only focus. We have both learned a lot over the last three years to get it where it is and still more left. We don't lean on the car real hard honestly. We get down the track every pass and keep getting faster. Hoping to get a few more hundredths out before the year is over, then will see what next year brings. We blew the car up in Norwalk last year so this is the first year on this combo and so far we are very happy.

We really enjoy seeing peoples reaction to the car. Especially when the come take a look at it and realize how much of a racecar it is not. As Jay said t tops still there, power windows still there, Pioneer Supertuner from the 80's still there, and works, all factory gauges still in place and working etc. Still a stock front end, factory frame, still carpeted etc etc.

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 04:53 PM

Facebook link to video of video switch it to HD and it aint to bad. IM the fat guy or is it tall guy outside the car smile

https://www.facebook.com/leann.brum.1/videos/1317892401670967/

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/02/17 07:12 PM

what heads on this motor ? if you dont mind sharing whats the engine buildup thanks

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/03/17 09:44 PM

Cesar, Not going into any detail but can answer a little. Its a little chief head, about as oddball as you can get smile It has a lot of compression and a fair amount of camshaft in it smile It is an aluminum block and a cast single 4 intake with a 2.500" throttle plate Braswell 7395. Oh yeah it has 4 circuits, who would a thunk smile Went boom last year in Norwalk when we lost a middle roller cam bearing. They are VERY tiny bearings as the heads and lifter placement mandate they be narrow and/or notched.

Has a Profite with a 7" A1 Billet converter. Drop our 12 bolt rear with only a 4.88 gear. Mandatory 29.5"x10.5" non W tire. Also a rollout spe. We actually had a competitor this weekend running an illegal tire(to much circumference) and he loaded up and left.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/06/17 04:34 AM

Are you partnered on this car with "Shawn's Engines" from YellowBullet?

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/06/17 04:51 AM

the Vette owner goes by "Flyin Ryan" at the bullet

Re: NMCA Superbowl this weekend in Chicago - 08/06/17 04:22 PM

This has nothing to do with Shawn. We know him of course but his car was an SB2 deal and he plans to be in Norwalk with a DRCE deal. Ryan's car is juts a lil ole smallblock. Ryan Bell owns the car he just lets me make all the stupid decisions at the track on the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums