Moparts

convertor core

Posted By: junkyardmaxie

convertor core - 07/11/17 06:19 PM

what is a fair price for a convertor 904 10" has a bent snote if i was to buy it ? would need redone any help
Posted By: Clanton

Re: convertor core - 07/11/17 07:32 PM

I would think no more than 100$ and it depends on what is inside to make it special,steel stater,anti ballooning plate...My older vert that needs flushed and ? I may send it to perfect 501 in Walton Hills,Ohio

Re: convertor core - 07/11/17 08:55 PM

none of the things you mention stock parts
Posted By: Clanton

Re: convertor core - 07/11/17 09:17 PM

1 way to find out is call[PTC,TCI or...] and see what they might think could be wrong and the cost and what they would pay for a core.
Posted By: A/MP

Re: convertor core - 07/11/17 10:44 PM

I think its about $250 to open a used converter, then repair replace the inners and weld it up. You're better off getting a converter built to your specs and maintain it.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: convertor core - 07/12/17 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By junkyardmaxie
none of the things you mention stock parts
Bob, offer them $50.00 for it and if they bite on that then take it to Quickdraw and get it fixed and have Jason tune it up a little. up
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: convertor core - 07/12/17 01:23 PM

I have a converter I broke (unsure of whats wrong with it) and was quoted $125-325 to cut it open, clean and put back together (that wasn't including any parts needed to repair what might/is broken). QuickDraw, Perfect, ATI, Ultimate and C2 were the companies I contacted. I sent it out this morning to QuickDraw to have it gone thru as they were the cheapest and I haven't heard a bad thing about them.

Re: convertor core - 07/13/17 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By DusterKid
I have a converter I broke (unsure of whats wrong with it) and was quoted $125-325 to cut it open, clean and put back together (that wasn't including any parts needed to repair what might/is broken). QuickDraw, Perfect, ATI, Ultimate and C2 were the companies I contacted. I sent it out this morning to QuickDraw to have it gone thru as they were the cheapest and I haven't heard a bad thing about them.
Bob, Jason is good at what he does and will treat you as fairly as anyone, I know several people that has had him do their converters and have yet to hear a complaint.

Re: convertor core - 07/14/17 04:26 AM

Bill took it to quickdraw will put on new hub ,change stall ,check out interal parts ,drill and tap for bigger convertor bolts balance and repaint $175. this is 4th one he has did does great job

Re: convertor core - 07/15/17 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By junkyardmaxie
Bill took it to quickdraw will put on new hub ,change stall ,check out interal parts ,drill and tap for bigger convertor bolts balance and repaint $175. this is 4th one he has did does great job
That my friend is a fair price. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums