Moparts

Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs

Posted By: qwkmopardan

Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 06:21 PM

I am wondering if the NHRA police arrested Alexis for her foul mouth on national TV this past Sunday? They got Greg Anderson for lifting his visor on his helmet and fined him 10K, so whats a f-bomb violation penalty. $1,000,000?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 06:31 PM

I kinda lost all respect for her and her team when they all flipped the finger in a photo shoot after a win. I guess I'm getting old but I don't see the need for that.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 06:32 PM

The rule books states that the driver can not do anything in the car like raising the visor or loosening their belts or letting down the window net on the track after the run begins until they make the turn off the track shruggy
It says nothing about verbal exhortations on or off the track that I know of shruggy whistling shruggy
Posted By: ThatDarnCat

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
... It says nothing about verbal exhortations on or off the track that I know of shruggy whistling shruggy

It is actually covered in the NHRA rule book - under Administrative Procedures, Section 1.3.1 Participant Conduct: "(2) uses vulgar or derogatory language"

I have not heard yet if she has been disciplined.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 07:02 PM

The rule books states that the driver can not do anything in the car like raising the visor or loosening their belts or letting down the window net on the track after the run begins until they make the turn off the track shruggy
It says nothing about verbal exhortations on or off the track that I know of shruggy whistling shruggy

You better read the small print. Lol.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 07:03 PM

Like John Force once said after an oops "Oh, I forgot, this is cable....so I can say anything."
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 07:25 PM

In my opinion NHRA is trying to capitalize on some drama and emotion instead of hiding it like they have in years past.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 07:27 PM

The fine won't hurt a bit, loads of dough that family.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By Triple Threat
In my opinion NHRA is trying to capitalize on some drama and emotion instead of hiding it like they have in years past.

I totally agree....... But I am not a fan.

You're a high paid professional......... Act like it.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/13/17 08:57 PM

The finger pic was for the benefit of Shirley Muldowney after she said some very unflattering things about other women racers. I thought it was great.

As far as the F bombs, you stick a mike in someones face after things go wrong and you'll get that.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
As far as the F bombs, you stick a mike in someones face after things go wrong and you'll get that.

If all the $$$ is coming outta your own pocket, I suppose you can afford to do that.

If your lack of professionalism just soured one or more sponsors on you, then it comes back to bite you in the a$$.

"No class" is "no class", regardless of the circumstances.

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 01:29 AM

They don't need a sponsor, they are their own sponsor, ya think patron is going broke. LoL
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Originally Posted By Triple Threat

I totally agree....... But I am not a fan.

You're a high paid professional......... Act like it.

Instead of acting like a human with actual emotions?
I'm no fan of hers. but it's not like she told the interviewer to F off or something of that nature when she was approached.
Don't want that to happen? Don't jamb a microphone in someones face after something like that happens.

maybe the should just stick to john force and his incoherent babbling?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
The finger pic was for the benefit of Shirley Muldowney after she said some very unflattering things about other women racers. I thought it was great.

Animal House style winners circle pict was GREAT!

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 02:19 AM

I guess I missed that on T.V. Sunday, what happened?

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 02:21 AM

She was ahead, Capps was out of it, then she crossed the centerline at the top end so got a DQ instead of a win. They interviewed her and she was obviously disappointed and refered to the car as the "F- ing thing" twice.

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 02:36 AM

Thanks, I saw the run but missed the interview shruggy
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 04:32 AM

I thought Tanner Grays melt down was far worse than Alexis...
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 04:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-7jymUSew
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By B5 Bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-7jymUSew

That was great! Thanks!
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 05:52 AM

Cause nobody has ever cussed at a drag strip. rolleyes Ever.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By SomeCarGuy

Exactly. I can imagine how it must be when they start badgering you after losing by DQ. Didn't hurt my delicate ears.....
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 04:09 PM

On Facebook I saw someone say something to the effect of "I bet NHRA was waiting for her at her trailer". Brian Lohnes replied that that was NOT the case.

I am sure if they had talked to her an hour later it would have been a lot different interview. Like someone said before, if you stick a microphone in someone's face just after something like that has happened you are not going to get any filters!

Bill
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By camastomcat

Exactly. I can imagine how it must be when they start badgering you after losing by DQ. Didn't hurt my delicate ears.....

Your ears? Delicate?

HA! HA! HA!

Your ears have heard things that would make the most salty sailor blush.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/14/17 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By camastomcat

Your ears? Delicate?

HA! HA! HA!

Your ears have heard things that would make the most salty sailor blush.

laugh2
Posted By: 6PAK70CUDA

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/15/17 05:33 AM

Big deal. It shows a bit of passion and if you are offended go to church. Political correctness rears its ugly head once again.
Posted By: misfired

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/15/17 07:24 PM

One of her YouTube videos of the f bomb has 32k views, not bad in less than 1 week.....
And keep your political correctness out of my drag racing lol but seriously who cares, law and order talks about rape and murder etc. In the afternoons after school something to think about....
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/16/17 03:06 AM

I thought it was pretty funny, and it just shows that no matter how much money you are paid or how well known/popular you are, you still have the same emotions and feelings as anyone in that situation would have. Pete Weber in bowling used to be a hot head like that as well as John Daly in golf, throwing his clubs and swearing, and many others. Good for the kids to hear? No! but refreshing to see some actual reality for once!!
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/16/17 04:37 AM

I remember a number of years ago when Alan Reinhart stuck a live mic in John Force's face just after he got out of the car at the Keystones....right after it blew up and caught fire. That was spicy.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/16/17 06:32 AM

Dale Earnhart was another one good for letting reporters know what he thought when they would try to talk to him after he wadded the car up.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/16/17 02:03 PM

Ahh the modern tatted up female. Hope I live long enough to see the regret these women will feel for having turned themselves into a retards coloring book.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/17/17 12:13 AM

My poor delicate ears. Though I am glad I had the in-car go-pro turned off last weekend when I lost a race on a -.001 red. heh heh
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Alexis DeJoria get in any trouble for F-Bombs - 06/17/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By 6PAK70CUDA
Big deal. It shows a bit of passion and if you are offended go to church. Political correctness rears its ugly head once again.

Thank you sir, you get it.......... beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums