Moparts

Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator?

Posted By: Forest

Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 01:15 AM

I heard that as of the 17th of this month a showroom Challenger Hellcat would be legal for stock eliminator under FS/D with a 10.60 index.

Anyone have anymore info...?
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 01:47 AM

That index will need adjusted pretty early lol
Posted By: Stewart

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 03:57 AM

NHRA doesn't adjust the indexes in most S and SS classes. They will add HP and the HCat will go to FS/C then B, then A. The same as happened to the 5.7 Dragpak. It is up several classes. At 600hp and 7.5 lb/hp that's a heavy car at 4500 plus 170 for driver if I read everything right.
Strange thing to me is NHRA has the HCat listed for the 2015 Chally too. Maybe the 2016 too, I didn't check that year.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 04:17 AM

Yep it's true, it was added to the classification guides.
600hp and 4500# I believe. It is not a favorable combo compared to the normal drag pak stuff.

There is a thread on class racer about it
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 04:32 AM

That weight and hp is hard on a 9 inch slick. I was at the Dinwidde divisional and saw many of the high hp cars just blow the tires clean off, very fine line to hook or not. Of course with the blower, one could be soft at the line then book out the back door, unlike the NA cars.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By Triple Threat

There is a thread on class racer about it

quickly becoming one of "them" I see.... laugh2
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 07:14 AM

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=66331

Looks like a regular Stock/SS car based on a production car, not a Drag Pack type Challenger. The DP is about 1000 pounds lighter. Not sure how they came up with the 600 HP rating. Lot's of chatter on that. The classification guide lists it as the Hellcat.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Hellcat legal for FS/D NHRA stock eliminator? - 05/25/17 02:47 PM

I look at these blower cars (Ford-Chevy-Dodge) as the same as athletes on steroids, cheating in a way. Too easy to turn the wick up. Cool, but how can it be fair to the NA cars. Put them in their own class with the correct hp and no soft index( at the least 1/2 second faster) so they don't make up the top ten qualifiers at each race. Doesn't matter what class they run if the index is right.
© 2024 Moparts Forums