Moparts

Strange rear disc setup for dana.

Posted By: JLaSalle

Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/18/17 07:16 PM

So I'm getting close to upgrading to strange disc from my 11 inch drums on my strange S60 rear. They offer 2 mopar housing ends for the S60 rear and since I retained my drums when I got the rear I am assuming I have the smaller factory end. Question is,the kit they sell for the factory housing end comes with ball type axle bearings and is more money than the kit with Strange ends.Why is that,and do I have to use them? The rear has been in the car for a while and I believe has green type bearings.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/18/17 08:53 PM

Call Strange tech. and ask them scope twocents

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/18/17 09:10 PM

For sure Cab.Was gonna do that when I get a chance.Actually probably deal with Dr.Diff.Figure I'd kick it around here first,as others might be curious as well.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/18/17 09:31 PM

Would assume since you kept the drums you have factory ends, to retain the offset for the factory drums. My guess on price is because they come with bearings where as the others will not as it will have the proper offset for their discs. But just a guess
Posted By: CSK

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/18/17 11:42 PM

mine has the larger bearing & I used the stock rear brakes, to do so all you have to do is grind the center hole in the backing plate about .060.
Posted By: sergio

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/19/17 01:18 AM

Hi Jeff,i recently bought kit STR-b1704wc for a dana with factory ends ,also replacing 11 inch drums,it does come with new bearings and fit very well.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/19/17 01:39 AM

I had some questions about their kits for the Dana with the C rings on the bearings. Description said you need to use their axles. I called them and they gave me a run around, wouldn't give me any dimensions to check. Only told me I have to use their axles. I went with Wilwood. Fit perfect with no issues at all.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/20/17 12:10 AM

Jeff,

Just put Strange brakes on the rear of my Dart, factory end kit, very easy bolt on. I got mine through Jegs when they were running a sale this winter, but Dr Diff is a great choice as well.

Re: Strange rear disc setup for dana. - 05/20/17 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By Triple Threat
Jeff,

Just put Strange brakes on the rear of my Dart, factory end kit, very easy bolt on. I got mine through Jegs when they were running a sale this winter, but Dr Diff is a great choice as well.

Figures I just missed the sale lol.
I guess I just found it odd that the brake kit comes with its own bearings.No biggie to swap out. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums