Moparts

Mega block???

Posted By: moparlulu

Mega block??? - 05/17/17 02:49 AM

A friend hit me up about a block for sale and gave me a few numbers, p5153843, p5153944. Also 08 05 100a948 rough bored at 4.310. I'd think the first two are just catalog numbers? Could the second set be month and year cast? and block number?? Worth picking up if he had sonic numbers??? What say you??? Thanks!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mega block??? - 05/17/17 07:07 AM

sounds like some iron unobtanium....

http://www.moparonlineperformance.com/product-p/p5153944ab.htm
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Mega block??? - 05/17/17 04:23 PM

That's not Mega...it is the block formerly known as
the "World" block (Which World farmed out 100%-Dalton Foundry, machined and packaged at Royal Oak boring)

Mega is the one that looks closer to stock.
Get a few of each if you can.
Posted By: moparlulu

Re: Mega block??? - 05/18/17 06:13 AM

Thanks guys! I knew someone would know! Were the world blocks decent? Anything glaring to watch for? I don't think he has any sonic numbers, so I'm probably going to split the cost to have it done. Anyway, Thanks again for the information!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Mega block??? - 05/18/17 08:18 AM

I was told a Cummings mega block,,,,,if found is worth$9k eek
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Mega block??? - 05/18/17 07:03 PM

They're good products overall, with a good track record. However Both generations also have had issues at one time or another, check and test everything, assume nothing.

There were decisions made on both products at different times in their life cycle that sometimes simultaneously made a great, user friendly product for one person and caused nothing but heartache for the next person. Something as simple as a cut for bolt clearance near the motor mount. Something as simple as the clearance cut for the oil pickup. Make it user friendly...great idea, right? What could be the harm? Well....

© 2024 Moparts Forums