Moparts

Muscle Motors

Posted By: jkwedge540

Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 03:52 AM

Just heard Muscle Motors is going out of business. Just wondering if it is true.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 04:24 AM

Call them and ask? They just came out with a new block so unless something blew up on them financially I can't see why they would shut down the business. If they were going to close the doors they would not have invested a ton of money into tooling up a new block casting.
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 04:26 AM

I would hope not with them introducing the new cast iron hemi/ RB block, but who knows.
Matt
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 05:33 AM

Heard the same a few weeks ago .
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 05:53 AM

Hope not. Buddy of mine is wanting to order a small block stroker kit from them.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 05:59 AM

I've been trying to place a order for one of the new blocks for over a month now and I am NOT having good luck getting that done work
Man, I hope they can hang in there and get those blocks out to us Ho pi fanatics and racers luck
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 06:27 AM

They been good to me.
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 01:09 PM

I've been using Muscle Motors so long they know me by name when I call laugh2 Sure hope it's not true, always had positive dealings with them. Still have a set of Stage 6 heads I got from them sometime in the mid to early 90's I think. up
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 01:25 PM

Man I hope not. So you started this thread, you need to call and find out😉
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 01:37 PM

It was a completely different place when Senator was there and involved.
Now, people in this area( which is near them) generally stay away from that place.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 02:01 PM

The blocks are available through Chicago Connection also. Bill has been a longtime Mopar Performance dealer. 773-229-0655.
Posted By: RBRE

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 02:52 PM

Ray Barton Racing Engines is also selling the Blocks. Call for pricing -- 610-693-5700
Posted By: Chuck@Best_Machine

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 03:15 PM

We can also supply the Blocks
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 03:33 PM

Just spoke with Mike this morning and yes the rumors are true. Him and Eric are calling 29 years in business a career and are shifting focus to taking care of their Elderly parents.

And as already posted here, THE Block is available thru other outlets. They never owned it. Mike just wanted to make sure it got made, for the better of the hobby and future motors can be built.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 03:37 PM

guess we're all showing our age these days.... MM was a great supplier of all things mopar for many years. While I had some good and some "so-so" dealings with them, it was nice of them to serve the mopar market.
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 04:19 PM

I wish them the best. Mike, Eric and Chuck Senator from back in the day have always been very easy to work with. It's good to hear the blocks will still be available beer I Can't wait to get me hands on one up
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 08:13 PM

Aw that's too bad. Wish them well.
They did have the best T shirts, over the last few years.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 08:20 PM

Thats a bummer... I only dealt with them a couple
of times.. but I talked to them a bit more often
wave
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 09:33 PM

Has anyone compared this new block to the old siamize Mopar Mega wedge block ? I have a guy that has a new Mega available - bore is at 4.20" and sonic checks good. Any idea what that should go for ?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/11/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By Transman
Has anyone compared this new block to the old siamize Mopar Mega wedge block ? I have a guy that has a new Mega available - bore is at 4.20" and sonic checks good. Any idea what that should go for ?

Probably 3 or 4 grand if it's perfect, just taking a guess based on what I've seen
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/12/17 05:47 AM

I just bought a big Hemi from them. Hummm.... I hope I don't have any problems with it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/12/17 07:33 AM

Thanks to all of you that posted the information on the other vendors that can supply these new race blocks up bow
I'll contact all three of them and see what I can find out about time, price and supply luck
Any one know who is casting them or the proper name of these new race blocks help
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/12/17 04:12 PM

Yes,muscle motors has closed the doors.Marsh performance is a dealer for several block manufacturers. http://www.mopartsracing.com/tmc/
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/12/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By STEFF
THE Block is available thru other outlets. They never owned it. Mike just wanted to make sure it got made, for the better of the hobby and future motors can be built.

It didn't come across that way to me. I recall a picture of Mike pointing to "MM" even being cast into the block. Better it can still be bought than going down with the Muscle Motors ship.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 01:46 AM

If I listened correctly, Mike told me that Chicago Connection is one of the dealers for the block.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 06:46 AM

RIP
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 06:30 PM

29 years in this business, specializing in only one brand(and that brand not being Chevy), is a pretty good run.

I wish them luck in their future endeavors.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
29 years in this business, specializing in only one brand(and that brand not being Chevy), is a pretty good run.

I wish them luck in their future endeavors.

...that's like 60 years in dealing with "mopar guys" laugh2
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 09:24 PM

Yeah, selling parts to Mopar guys for 25 years would make anyone old.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/13/17 09:27 PM

Yeah it is like dog years!!! spank argue argue bawling drive beer punkrocka
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Muscle Motors - 05/14/17 05:32 AM

That makes you a dirty DOG!,,,,,,,,,LOL
Posted By: Dennis Flinchum

Re: Muscle Motors - 10/28/17 01:09 AM

Wish them the best! Bought a 451 kit and they did the machine work on the block. They always remembered my name and treated me like gold, great work and a really great street motor. A Class Act!
Posted By: crlush

Re: Muscle Motors - 10/28/17 01:39 AM

What a bummer, times are changing.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Muscle Motors - 10/28/17 01:43 AM

Not sure about now but they had some decent deals on some parts on ebay, I snagged some pistons.
© 2024 Moparts Forums