Moparts

Mickey ET Streets

Posted By: abodyman

Mickey ET Streets - 02/20/09 05:22 PM

Hi everyone, I have a question for you racers about rim widths and sidewalls.
Anyway, does the sidewall width get smaller if You run wider rims?
Right now I have ET Streets 30x 13.5-15 on a 10 inch rim, on a 1969 Dodge dart, with the leaf springs moved into the frame rails, and aftermarket wheel tubs installed.
Everything clears fine when sitting still.
There is about 1/2 and inch to 3/4 of an inch clearance both sides of the tire.
If I go to a wider wheel will the sidewalls be LESS bulged out?
I am asking because I really don't have the cash, to buy wider wheels and find out, it makes no difference. Plus right now, I cant drive the car, without getting a little rubbing of the tire on the inner wheel tub, on the left side. Which scares me to think what could happen!
Thanks in advance everyone.
Posted By: Fast Yeti

Re: Mickey ET Streets - 02/20/09 08:46 PM

Robert, If you go to a wider rim lets say a 12" from a 10" you can figure approx. .8" increase in section width. This means Your M/T ET street will go from a 13.6" section width to 14.4" approx. I have always been told to figure .2" for every 1/2" increase in rim width given this type of situation. I hope this helps.

Attached picture 5039936-4278226-ClayCity2.jpg
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: Mickey ET Streets - 02/21/09 02:43 AM

How much air pressure do you run in them? My ET Streets will rub a bit when I'm aired down to about 15 or so but if I'm up at say 25-28 it will hardly ever rub.

Don.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mickey ET Streets - 02/21/09 02:55 AM

I ran that same tire on a 12" rim and it rubbed slightly on the inner part of my tubs and was close to the leafs w/the springs moved into the frame. Now I run the hoosier qtp`s at 29x13.5 and they clear beautifully and HOOK like a mutha.
Posted By: abodyman

Re: Mickey ET Streets - 02/21/09 05:08 AM

Thanks everyone,
Based on the info about wheel width and the increase in sidewall width, I guess I won't be getting any wider wheels!
I have tried air pressures from about 15 and on up to 25 p.s.i.
Its fine when just going straight! As soon as I take a right hand turn though...I can hear the squeak start.

I may as well, look into some other tire.
AND probably some suspension/chassis improvements
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mickey ET Streets - 02/21/09 05:13 AM

I`m telling ya the qtp`s that I run straight out work at least for me and come in at 91"`s circum. compared to 94"`s w/the et-street and clears nicely everywhere.
© 2024 Moparts Forums