Moparts

BB Victor Heads ?

Posted By: ccdave

BB Victor Heads ? - 03/15/17 04:46 AM

Any news on the Victor BB heads? Edelbrock told me they were in the process of a quality change 2 months ago?

Posted By: BradH

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/15/17 05:37 AM

What the heck does "a quality change" mean?
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/15/17 06:22 AM

Probably not for the better.
Posted By: super451b

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/15/17 09:59 AM

Judging by the set that I just ported , I would say they are having issues with porosity.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/17/17 12:13 AM

My second set I got a few years ago were cast better than the first set that I got when they were first introduced.
I don't know what they look like now? Maybe they can supply then with longer valves for 2.00" install height springs, and add some material to the rocker stands. Even better, get rid of the stock rocker stand configuration and goto a steel plate for paired rockers.
Posted By: BradH

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/17/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By super451b
Judging by the set that I just ported , I would say they are having issues with porosity.

I wasn't aware of porosity issues, but there are some things I would like Edelbrock to do differently...
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: BB Victor Heads ? - 03/17/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By super451b

I wasn't aware of porosity issues, but there are some things I would like Edelbrock to do differently...

Ditto...My Victor intake manifold I just received looks like it was sand cast in a turtle sandbox by a 5 yr old. Hopefully their heads are gone through a little better during QA.
© 2024 Moparts Forums