Moparts

Aluminum door hinges?

Posted By: mk_

Aluminum door hinges? - 02/19/17 10:28 PM

I have an E body with fiberglass doors and would like to know if anyone makes aluminum door hinges ?
Posted By: Moparmatts72

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/20/17 01:28 AM

S&w makes some and so does Chris Alston, pretty sure they are made from aluminum.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/20/17 06:13 AM

I have a feeling he's wanting a factory style hinge. I would like the same for my barracuda
Posted By: Moparmatts72

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/20/17 05:07 PM

Oh okay, those would be cool. Maybe hit up SD concepts, they might be able to make them if there's a big enough demand, which I think there would be.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/20/17 09:25 PM

Factory hinges can be skeletonized and made much lighter than stock. It can even be made undetectable when bolted in if that's your thing.
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/20/17 10:36 PM

I would like to have some for a 62 Dart
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/21/17 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Factory hinges can be skeletonized and made much lighter than stock. It can even be made undetectable when bolted in if that's your thing.

That's what I plan to do unless somebody comes up with aluminum. I don't care about being stealthy just want light and to work right. I also plan on opening them up a little and having the pins easily removable to pull the doors.. Race car stuff.. lol
Posted By: charger410

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/21/17 04:24 PM

These are aluminium hinges I made. Bolt up to factory holes on the body so you can adjust the door alignment. Also the rod end adds adjustment. Added bonus, doors lift off.
I tried lightening the original steel hinges but wasn't satisfied at how heavy they still were

Posted By: mk_

Re: Aluminum door hinges? - 02/21/17 10:08 PM

Thanks for posting those pics, those look good and may end up making the hinges as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums