Moparts

ppp shifter

Posted By: cesar perez

ppp shifter - 01/26/17 12:30 AM

ive noticed that a lot of people that use ppp shifter have them on a stand or bracket that elevates the height of the shifter . where can i buy one ok these stands ? thanks
Posted By: earthmover

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 02:13 AM

Most make them to fit where they are comfortable..but s&w sells 1 I believe..
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 02:13 AM

http://www.precisionperformance.com/

You might have to call them. They are moving from So Cal to Idaho so it might take a few tries.

Precision Performance Products
20122 State Rd.
Cerritos, Ca. 90703
Phone 562 402-1108
Fax 562 402-4383
email to precisionperformance_info@yahoo.com
Posted By: go green

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 03:31 AM

I have been mounting the shifters on a 45 degree angle towards the driver . Feels more natural when driving .

Got the idea from heavy equipment , bulldozers and backhoes have their controls at a natural incline not strait up and down .

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 03:53 AM

I have electric PPP shifter in 2 of my cars and my son Matt has air in his so mounting is less critical. They come with a pretty nice mount

Attached picture new shifter 001.JPG
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 05:05 AM

Top picture is a 69 Roadrunner. Shifter is about 4-5 inches raised. Bottom is a 64 Plymouth with about 2-3 inches raised. Both mounts are home made. All I can say is having a little extra height feels real comfortable.

Attached picture PPP ll.JPG
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 02:48 PM

I have one for my 70' Challenger also. I have not mounted yet though. It comes with the raised mounted as pictured, if you want higher you have to make you own as some have done. Some good ideas on how some of you mounted yours.

Attached picture kshiftsmall.jpg
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 05:16 PM

Just to clarify, the shifter does NOT come with the stainless steel mounts shown in the pictures. It is an option that PPP offers, and very affordable at $30.00 for the set, but they do not come standard with the shifters. I ask everyone that buys one from me if they want the mounts, because it's a pain to get them later...

Just to clarify is all...
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ppp shifter - 01/26/17 05:22 PM

I assume you are talking about these

http://quartermax.com/automatic-shifter-mount/

In my Stratus we built our own mount. We did not use the stainless stands as they are not needed. Simply built a tube style mount for the shifter and incorporated the delay box in it too

© 2024 Moparts Forums