Moparts

Edelbrock head prices/Summit

Posted By: fast68plymouth

Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 10:09 PM

I don't know how long this will last, but it would appear that the various import offerings(copies) of the RPM heads for Mopars has made someone get a little more aggressive in the pricing dept.

The new Jan/Feb 2017 catalog vs the Nov/Dec 2016 catalog has both the BB and LA heads priced several hundred dollars lower in the new catalog.

60929 BB head, $1708.98 in 2016, now $1462.00

5090 BB head, $1499.47 in 2016, now $1089.64
5093 BB head, $1689.50 in 2016, now $1089.64

60779 SB head, $1699.00 in 2016, now $1366.84
60179 SB head, $1771.70 in 2016, now $1382.34

I think the price/quality of TF heads must have also had an impact on the BB RPM sales, and there just wasnt enough price difference between the two.
I was more expecting to see the TF heads prices go up instead of the E head prices going down.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 10:38 PM

And the proMaxx head is a lot cheaper, finished much nicer, and flow better. No wonder they lowered the price on that Edelbrock JUNK.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 10:50 PM

I swear the universe loves screwing with me. I just bought a pair of 60929 heads from Mancini's in late November. I'm going to have to call them to see if there is anything they can do. It's a $300 difference in price.

Fingers crossed...
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By MarkM
I swear the universe loves screwing with me. I just bought a pair of 60929 heads from Mancini's in late November. I'm going to have to call them to see if there is anything they can do. It's a $300 difference in price.

Fingers crossed...

Really??? You willingly bought them at the price offered.

If they do ANYTHING for you, it's solely out of goodwill, they owe you nothing.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By crackedback

Fingers crossed...

I'm well aware of that. I bought them before the price was reduced. I always check Summit before buying expensive parts because they price match.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/02/17 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

And the proMaxx head is a lot cheaper, finished much nicer, and flow better. No wonder they lowered the price on that Edelbrock JUNK.

Can you get the proMaxx head with an open chamber?

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist

Can you get the proMaxx head with an open chamber?

Not that I know of but it would be worth a call. I've called and talked to them twice and was kinda impressed. Monte knows this company better than i do and speaks highly of them too. I really think the only guys wanting an open chamber head now would be the older stock piston 340 guys.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 01:20 AM

Fingers crossed...

I'm well aware of that. I bought them before the price was reduced. I always check Summit before buying expensive parts because they price match.

Mancini's would have to be a helluva lot cheaper than Summit because of Summit free shipping. Mancini's is the only place I know of that still charges shipping, regardless of what you spend, which absolutely affects my buying habbits with them.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By A39Coronet

Fingers crossed...

Mancini's would have to be a helluva lot cheaper than Summit because of Summit free shipping. Mancini's is the only place I know of that still charges shipping, regardless of what you spend, which absolutely affects my buying habbits with them.

That and the fact that they list discounts that magically disappear at checkout. Posted about that several times and it falls on deaf ears there..
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 04:34 AM

Since I live near Mancini's I have asked about
a Moparts or any discount.... NOPE.. I buy MOST
of my stuff from Summit.. only small stuff from
Mancini's
wave
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 06:44 AM

Look into your credit cards benefits to see if they offer price protection within 60 days
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 04:11 PM

I wonder if Edelbrock has offshored production of these heads to stay competitive?
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 04:12 PM

Fingers crossed...

And have you ever tried to get a shipping quote from them? They have to pull the parts, box them up and then calculate the shipping. Then they will have to call you back. Last time I asked for a shipping quote, they "forgot" to call me back. Tough bunch to do business with.

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By bobby66
I wonder if Edelbrock has offshored production of these heads to stay competitive?

Edelbrock has a handful of youtube videos showing their intakes and heads being produced in California...casting, machining, and finish work. That's why they get my business, Made in America tags in every box.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By bobby66

Edelbrock has a handful of youtube videos showing their intakes and heads being produced in California...casting, machining, and finish work. That's why they get my business, Made in America tags in every box.

YEP............Can't see em sending em off but who knows for sure.........
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/03/17 08:02 PM

Eddy stuff is all American made. That's doesn't mean squat today; the last 2 sets of Eddy heads I have had my hands on were very poorly machined and set up. Poor finishing, guide clearances were all over the place; several way too tight and would have seized, valve seat cutters obviously not concentric...really a shame.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 12:17 AM

Looks like Summit's dropped their standard Victor head 77929 price from $890 down to $784, same as some of the eBarf vendors have done recently. I wonder if it's the "new" M.A.P. for this part #?

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By cudadoug
Eddy stuff is all American made. That's doesn't mean squat today; the last 2 sets of Eddy heads I have had my hands on were very poorly machined and set up. Poor finishing, guide clearances were all over the place; several way too tight and would have seized, valve seat cutters obviously not concentric...really a shame.

Certainly doesn't mean what it used to that's for sure, but I know many racers who've gone 10s for several seasons with out of the box heads and aftermarket springs. Just the luck of the draw with manufacturing tolerances.

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 01:17 AM

A Friend of mine picked up an LD340 the other day and asked me about small block Edelbrock heads. I threw a stock head up on my bench and showed him Edelbrock quality work. He couldn't believe what his eyes and fingers saw after I showed him what to look for. I would NEVER run an Edelbrock head out of the box in this day of LACK of quality control.
Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 01:51 AM

Will 440 Source follow? $799 would be nice!!!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I don't know how long this will last, but it would appear that the various import offerings(copies) of the RPM heads for Mopars has made someone get a little more aggressive in the pricing dept.

The new Jan/Feb 2017 catalog vs the Nov/Dec 2016 catalog has both the BB and LA heads priced several hundred dollars lower in the new catalog.

60929 BB head, $1708.98 in 2016, now $1462.00

5090 BB head, $1499.47 in 2016, now $1089.64
5093 BB head, $1689.50 in 2016, now $1089.64

I think the price/quality of TF heads must have also had an impact on the BB RPM sales, and there just wasnt enough price difference between the two.
I was more expecting to see the TF heads prices go up instead of the E head prices going down.

I still prefer buying the EZ heads from you Dwayne as it was a good price and exellent work. up
As for Mancini they have always gave me top notch service. In fact they gave me discount because the guy I talked with reconized my name and asked me if I was 383man with the red 63 so he gave me a Moparts discount. I did not even know about a Moparts discount and never asked and would not have gotten it if he did not tell me about it. I thought maybe it depended on who waited on you but all of them I have dealt with gave me great service. Ron
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 09:19 PM

they are probably just trying to squeeze the competetion back out so they have a corner on the market again
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 09:44 PM

looks to me the promaxx stuff is a bit more expensive with the edel current prices

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/04/17 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

looks to me the promaxx stuff is a bit more expensive with the edel current prices

Don't quote me on this but I think my Friend paid 1104.00 for his small block ProMaxx heads from Jegs and honestly I would pay more for a the ProMaxx head. That was with springs and retainers too
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/07/17 07:24 PM

Perhaps all that was needed was a cheaper but still a nice quality head to hit the market to drag prices down. Perhaps, it may effect the rest of the competition and start a trend?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/07/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Don't quote me on this but I think my Friend paid 1104.00 for his small block ProMaxx heads from Jegs and honestly I would pay more for a the ProMaxx head. That was with springs and retainers too

It's weird. Sometimes I catch stuff at Jegs a LOT cheaper than Summit. My Mahle BB stroker pistons were $100 cheaper from Jegs vs. Summit!
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/08/17 03:05 AM

It's a pain to search Jegs, IMO.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/08/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By Rob C
It's a pain to search Jegs, IMO.

Yes, the Jeg's sight could use some work thats for sure. I usually harvest part numbers at summit because their page works so well. Then I price shop off Jeg's and Amazon. Here Lately my local shop has been pretty competitive and I am trying to get off my rear and use them more.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Edelbrock head prices/Summit - 01/09/17 04:50 AM

Probably too much to ask for other Edel brand X heads to get price drops! Meaning Olds.

R.
© 2024 Moparts Forums