Moparts

COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler

Posted By: 65Fury440

COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/02/17 07:36 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-Cams-Valve-Spring-Compressor-Steel-Shaft-Mount-Chrysler-383-440-B1-Ea-5324-/331586842522?hash=item4d341daf9a:g:2xsAAOSwMmBVhXLq&item=331586842522&vxp=mtr

Is this VS compressor usable for people not cycling steroids?
There is no lock mechanism.

Seems like it would make removing retainers a 2 person job.

I have to remove my inner springs for break in, 150lbs on the seat.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/02/17 07:39 PM

I use mine all the time..... Works fine.

The more you use it, the easier it gets.

I've used it to swap roller springs with 240lbs seat pressure.

Depending on how much room you have around the master cylinder, and how well you can get around the hood hinges will determine if you need an assistant for the rear cylinders.
It's easy to use if you have good access to everything.
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/02/17 08:27 PM

Dang,weren't those like $60 not long ago? Glad I found one at the flea market last year new in the pack for $30.

Works good, not as clumsy as the home made one I've used for years.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/03/17 03:07 AM

Looks just like this one:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67461/overview/
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/03/17 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By 65Fury440
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-Cams-Valve-Spring-Compressor-Steel-Shaft-Mount-Chrysler-383-440-B1-Ea-5324-/331586842522?hash=item4d341daf9a:g:2xsAAOSwMmBVhXLq&item=331586842522&vxp=mtr

Is this VS compressor usable for people not cycling steroids?
There is no lock mechanism.

Use a cheater bar if you feel the need. I prefer the price of the home made version.
Posted By: 383man

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 10:21 AM

I love this tool I got from Mancini's. It so nice as you run the allen head bolt down to push the spring down. And it stays like that so you can use both hands to install and remove valve keepers. Ron

Posted By: David Lee

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 12:46 PM

the only problem with these, its hard to remove springs when the heads are removed
Posted By: dvw

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By David Lee
the only problem with these, its hard to remove springs when the heads are removed

Not if you drill a couple holes in the bench and bolt the head down. I changed my 310lb on the seat this way. Quick and easy. Once I had the spring seat heights measured, 8 springs installed in about 10 minutes.
Doug
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 03:40 PM

383man I don't see that on Mancini's website at all. Got a link?
Posted By: greendart408

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 06:33 PM

Look no further than lsm, absolute cadillac. Makes changes a no brainer breeze.
Posted By: Old School

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By greendart408

iagree what Greg said. There is no comparison!!
Posted By: greendart408

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By Old School
Originally Posted By greendart408

iagree what Greg said. There is no comparison!!

up Everyone that has borrowed or seen it has promptly ordered one.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 08:45 PM

Valve spring removal is kinda one of those jobs that no single tool can handle both on and off the engine well. I have these plus a few modified ones laying around.

Posted By: Charger453

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 09:32 PM

If you are going to spend $, buy an LSM as mentioned.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 09:39 PM

Anyone got a pic of the in-car LSM tool that works with the stock style Mopar heads/rocker gear?

Never mind...... I went to their site and checked it out.
Looks pretty heavy duty.

$220
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/04/17 09:53 PM

I bought their on head valve spring pressure tool too and it is very nice. Easy to use at the track or at home
Posted By: Charger453

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 12:30 AM

I used one for the Jesel setup. It made changing springs an easy, one person job.

Attached picture 2017-01-04 16.31.10.png

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 01:15 AM

I'll guess i will try that, what stops the valve from following the retainer?
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 01:53 AM

100 psi of air pressure through the spark plug hole, usually...
Posted By: stevet340

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 02:14 AM

the LSM stuff is nice, but the Buxton engineering stuff is way nicer! It is the very best, the absolute Caddilac of valve spring compressors! Buxtonengineering.com look up the video on Youtube and see for yourself, here is the link. https://youtu.be/hs7APpOx2Yo
Posted By: 65Fury440

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 03:41 AM

I just received my Comp tool today. The holes to bolt down to the Trick Flow heads are just a little too close together.
For such a pricey but simple tool, you'd think they would get it right.
Posted By: 383man

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports
383man I don't see that on Mancini's website at all. Got a link?

I heard they dont sell it anymore. I honestly dont know where to get it now but I believe a few on here know where to get it or one like it. I hope someone will chime in and let you know. The one posted by Charger453 looks real nice. Ron

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 03:46 PM

heads off engine
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/05/17 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By stevet340
the LSM stuff is nice, but the Buxton engineering stuff is way nicer! It is the very best, the absolute Caddilac of valve spring compressors! Buxtonengineering.com look up the video on Youtube and see for yourself, here is the link. https://youtu.be/hs7APpOx2Yo

Well they better be the best at $425 for the basic setup
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: COMP Cams Valve Spring Compressor Steel Shaft Mount Chrysler - 01/06/17 02:13 AM

Buxton doesn't show a tool for a shaft style Hemi.
© 2024 Moparts Forums