Moparts

Street outlaws ....finally !

Posted By: n20mstr

Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 03:41 AM

I fully approve of JJ DaBoss and his crew, they are the real deal and that's what I talking about !
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 04:49 AM

Dude needs to learn how to speak english.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By STEFF
Dude needs to learn how to speak english.

Was that the big mouth that was doing all the chucking and jiving that sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles. That was terrible
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:17 AM

I cringed.... Every time I see something like that on TV, it makes me embarrassed for the car hobby. In my opinion, the dude came across like a complete tool. Then he ran his car up onto a sidewalk and almost piled it into a tree because it's apparently not cool to lift. Ugghhh.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:40 AM

Guess you guys haven't been to too many street races ..... Lol that's how it usually sounds.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:46 AM

Just because that's how it usually sounds doesn't make it any less idiotic. And if that's what street racing usually sounds like, I'd like to make it completely clear to the world that I am not a street racer.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 06:23 AM

Did they finally cancel that gayness?
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr
Guess you guys haven't been to too many street races ..... Lol that's how it usually sounds.

Man miss those days of trash talking!
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 06:56 AM

Funny........I been going to street races for over 30 years and it never sounded anything like that until recently when some of these mouth breathers learned everyone has a camera and they will be on You-tube
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 07:24 AM

The way I see it ,it just shows their intelligence.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 07:42 AM

Those Tennesseans have the most southern of southern accents. They dont say golf, they say gawfin. Its damn near a foreign language.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Funny........I been going to street races for over 30 years and it never sounded anything like that until recently when some of these mouth breathers learned everyone has a camera and they will be on You-tube

You've obviously have never been to the NYC area...
That's exactly how it is. Been going since '95...
All part of the game to get into someone's head.
Funny, those guys race have new trucks, trailers, and hi dollar cars...but race for $500...
Most races START at $5,000. $500 is just punk out money...
Guess different strokes for different folks...
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 08:19 AM

JJ took out birdman for 13 grand about a month ago. He talk and walk the walk
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 08:27 AM

That's the way it was around here even back in the '70s when I first started going. Part street race, part circus... sort of expected it was that way other places, too. Maybe the crowd is (was) tamer where some people are (were).
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 08:33 AM

A lot of the no prep races are like that.. Trash talking and cash flying!
Posted By: JesseR

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 02:35 PM

Not all tennesseans talk like that
Posted By: stroked470

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 03:54 PM

i have lived in Tennessee just about my whole life but don't talk like that. He sounded more like he was from New Orleans or the hood or the hood in New Orleans. I am close to Nashville and work in Nashville but people don't talk like that here.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 04:29 PM

Monday night was a good show....except for the loud mouthed idiot. We almost turned it off. Just couldn't take much more of that crap.

Of course there was trash talk around here way back when we street raced, but a loud mouth like that would have had his a$$ handed to him. Some guys just wouldn't have put up with that level of annoying stupidity.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 04:34 PM

The ignorant loudmouth crap is common here too. Exactly why I don't get into it. I don't have the patience for it...rather not end up in jail, so I'll stay away from it.

Having said that, I enjoyed Monday's show and JJ backs up what he says.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:14 PM

Seems the location and road was the only reason it was close. I bet if they raced where the 405 guys race, they may not have won one race. It's made for tv, not saying the races were fixed or anything like that.

There is a vid I saw a few weeks back of JJ vs Birdman and he was just as bad on the vid.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 05:38 PM

I still enjoy the show but Chief should have punched that loud mouth dick in the face.... catfight
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 06:27 PM

My only real question is how did the meth chick put together a race car? She gives new meaning to the Dirty South.
Are they getting their own show?
Posted By: topside

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 08:22 PM

I thought that JJ dude was painfully obnoxious. I get the strategy, but to me he was even worse than the New Orleans crew. The 405 guys seem to have a good sense of humor and are more fun to listen to, which to me is more appealing.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 09:39 PM

Stevie Jackson is from South Carolina. He is as much a southern redneck as anybody. He also talks smack as good as anybody...........he doesn't come across like that though.

And yes, JJ beat Birdman for big money. But Birdman broke the trans. Yes, a win is a win, but lets not spin this as JJ flat outran Birdman, because it didn't happen.

Then we have a car on the back bumper for 300 feet, nearly hitting a tree, a generator, a light pole and up on the curb. Cool for TV I guess, but far from smart. If that's "walking the walk" I would be glad for him to take that walk by himself...........LOL!!!

I live not far from Memphis and have been to many street races in the area. I have never heard of, or seen any of these guys.

The street you have, is the street you have and you must get down it. We all realize that. Of the OKC guys, Banknote was the only one to get down clean and was obviously the quickest car of the whole bunch, including the Memphis guys, on THAT street and even he had it backed way off. He maybe made a 5.60 pass and was by far the quickest.

Bottom line, the Memphis guys had the advantage on THEIR street and they knew it. Doc and Monza should have run on motor
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 10:28 PM

I know what these guys do isn't easy. They DID know ahead of time that they would be on asphalt though.
I'm pretty familiar with smack talkers and button pushers, but that dude was intolerable.
I accidentally deleted the recording on direct tv. My wife wants to see it. Will it air again? I tried discovery on demand. No luck. Any solutions? She's on me like that JJ dude!
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 11:32 PM

It seemed the >> button on the remote got a little extra workout for this episode.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/28/16 11:38 PM

At least the grungy racers enjoyed it. What's next???? Someone begging for the leave or lengths. Lol
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By TRENDZ
I know what these guys do isn't easy. They DID know ahead of time that they would be on asphalt though.
I'm pretty familiar with smack talkers and button pushers, but that dude was intolerable.
I accidentally deleted the recording on direct tv. My wife wants to see it. Will it air again? I tried discovery on demand. No luck. Any solutions? She's on me like that JJ dude!

They usually replay it a hour before the new episode start on Monday's
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 12:44 AM

the whole episode is on youtube.
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 12:52 AM

I could smell them from my couch
Posted By: dvw

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
JJ took out birdman for 13 grand about a month ago. He talk and walk the walk

That was pretty impressive. Just backed the car out of the trailer and rolled it up to the line. No test hit, when down the road like it was on rails. Quite a bit different that the Nova run.
Doug

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer
I still enjoy the show but Chief should have punched that loud mouth dick in the face.... catfight

Funny how that loud mouth took his shoes and socks !
Lmao

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
At least the grungy racers enjoyed it. What's next???? Someone begging for the leave or lengths. Lol

YOU can get a spot at Josh race......
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:33 AM

This madness will stop when a car takes out the idiot running back with the flashlight...

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:35 AM

You need to come to nyc area .... stirthepot

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:40 AM

You need to come to nyc area .... stirthepot

No thanks. Lol
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 03:54 AM

Stevie Jackson is from South Carolina. He is as much a southern redneck as anybody. He also talks smack as good as anybody...........he doesn't come across like that though.

And yes, JJ beat Birdman for big money. But Birdman broke the trans. Yes, a win is a win, but lets not spin this as JJ flat outran Birdman, because it didn't happen.

Then we have a car on the back bumper for 300 feet, nearly hitting a tree, a generator, a light pole and up on the curb. Cool for TV I guess, but far from smart. If that's "walking the walk" I would be glad for him to take that walk by himself...........LOL!!!

I live not far from Memphis and have been to many street races in the area. I have never heard of, or seen any of these guys.

The street you have, is the street you have and you must get down it. We all realize that. Of the OKC guys, Banknote was the only one to get down clean and was obviously the quickest car of the whole bunch, including the Memphis guys, on THAT street and even he had it backed way off. He maybe made a 5.60 pass and was by far the quickest.

Bottom line, the Memphis guys had the advantage on THEIR street and they knew it. Doc and Monza should have run on motor

Coolest thing I have ever seen on television. eek
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 02:41 PM

They say all publicity, is good publicity, but in this I disagree. I'm embarrassed when people that know I'm into cars ask me about the show. Seems like the way of things now though. You have to be uneducated, or uncultured, tattooed, and poorly dressed to be cool lol.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 04:23 PM

Ouch that hurt... I don't talk like that, I went to college, but I do have tattoos lol..
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/29/16 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By 70dusterjohn
Ouch that hurt... I don't talk like that, I went to college, but I do have tattoos lol..

I think it was a compliment, he said it makes you cool that you have them laugh2
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 12:18 AM

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 01:34 AM

Bad info!!!!! That is NOT JJ.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 01:54 AM

I watched Monday's episode today, man it was hard to watch.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 02:33 AM

I wonder if his car does that(long, high wheelies) regularly or if he froze and didn't know what to do work

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 02:50 AM

So, who's car is it?

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 02:57 AM

Are you 100% sure? Color, black top, blacked out bumpers, lean windows.... sure looks like the car we saw on Monday night.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 03:13 AM

If this is the car from the show, that was at PRI, that is not the same car that crashed.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: MartyQ

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 03:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSObSfSI9HM
Stripe at bottom of rocker panel of crashed nova. You tube video of JJs car 41.49into video - JJs car has same stripe . You decide ???
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
If this is the car from the show, that was at PRI, that is not the same car that crashed.

Thats not the car on the show. no stripe or wing
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 04:30 AM

Car supposedly belongs to Van Burgess and is possibly an old picture too.
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 04:50 AM

I would guess the wing thing is irrelevant considering the trunk lid is missing.
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 05:11 AM

Car on the show looked like it had some blacked out trim down the sides.
Doesn't look to be the same car as either pics but dang, how many red, black top and black bumper novas are there?

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/30/16 05:21 AM

That red procharged Nova is a REALLY nice car and is NOT the one pictured above wrecked, nor is it the one that was on the show. There are many differences........all you have to do is look.

As far as being same car from show in above pic.....I have no idea BUT in the show, JJs car had door handles. One pictured does not. Nor does it have a big sticker in middle of back glass, or body side moulding

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 05:11 AM

So what do you need Pitts? The wiggle, back tire, the clear or lengths?

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

So what do you need Pitts? The wiggle, back tire, the clear or lengths?

Had a guy that asked my buddy for 2 cars, the break, and clear! And he thought he should be asking for more!

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 07:52 AM

Sounds like bracket racing, only worse. Lol
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 03:53 PM

Funny thing about street racing now. Most of these guys don't ask for spots , kicks or anything on the shows. Hell when I was racing you took any advantage you could get. Knowing my car was fast didn't promise me a win and a win helped keep food on the table back then. Friday and Saturday nights were work night for me. 500.00 race was crazy , very few and far between. Most nights would start with 20.00 to 40.00 race and we always would leave a lot on the table for the next race with his buddy. Just beat him by a fender. LOL All that smack talking and B/S these guys are doing must be a new thing or for tv because back then a few remarks like these boys talk would get an ass woopin.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 04:05 PM

So what's the clear mean? work

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By racerx

Good question ??

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By Kindafast
Originally Posted By racerx

Good question ??

The back bumper of the winning car, must clear the front bumper of the losing car. same thing as the gap.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 07:36 PM

Cool , That makes sense.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 08:13 PM

Is there a published dictionary on all these terms? Sounds like a lot of BS made up on the fly to me. As stated above , if someone got in your face like that years ago they would have a bloody mouth and a flattened nose.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By rowin4
Is there a published dictionary on all these terms? Sounds like a lot of BS made up on the fly to me. As stated above , if someone got in your face like that years ago they would have a bloody mouth and a flattened nose.

iagree There would have been a fight years ago. catfight
The way they talk now, a lot of us would have to have an interpreter. LOL
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi Allstate
Originally Posted By rowin4

iagree There would have been a fight years ago. catfight
The way they talk now, a lot of us would have to have an interpreter. LOL

Same here. What's the old saying? If you're going to act stupid you have to be tough. Or something like that. LOL

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 09:35 PM

I was never tough enough to be that stupid . LOL
Honestly the guys on the show remind me of the s##T Talkers on Yellowbullet.
Posted By: mopar97

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 10:04 PM

Guy has an accent he's stupid? Guy street races he's stupid? Guy talks smack, he's stupid? Excuse me but he made more in 6 seconds than many of us make in 3 months. Sounds pretty damn smart to me!

Way back in the day we did whatever it took to win. The go, lengths, dummy nox bottles, nox filled fire extinguishers, nox lines that sprayed at the filter, fake brake lights, you name it. I love the show, but of course I'm a uneducated redneck cause I talk funny. Word to the wise, don't let the talk fool ya....
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 10:21 PM

I dont think it really cool for all the crazy talk, but in my opinion its one of the best shows they have had, even if the car didnt drag the bumper, they went to JJ-s city, do folks expect him to bend over and grab his ankles or get out the picnic blanket?

So hes Cajun, and an interesting fact while I looked something up from wiki....estimates that 89% of Cajuns have no African or Native American ancestors...... not many of us can say that. So the white man must be really stupid?

So he talked a bit crazy over CARS, its not like the cali show where the dude had veins on his forehead, spits on others and one worries if next out comes the heater.

To me it looked like he was very passionate about what he does and why he was there, the trash talk didnt look personal.

Look, he made chief give up his shoes, thats worth something.

Has anyone forgot the money that changed hands on that one show? You cant tell me the gambler in vegas or the guy at the horse track dont get hyped up.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 12/31/16 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By mopar97
Guy has an accent he's stupid? Guy street races he's stupid? Guy talks smack, he's stupid? Excuse me but he made more in 6 seconds than many of us make in 3 months. Sounds pretty damn smart to me!

Way back in the day we did whatever it took to win. The go, lengths, dummy nox bottles, nox filled fire extinguishers, nox lines that sprayed at the filter, fake brake lights, you name it. I love the show, but of course I'm a uneducated redneck cause I talk funny. Word to the wise, don't let the talk fool ya....

I was street racing a long time ago and yea you do whatever you have to to win the race and he did make a jag of money too but damn all that dancing and goofy ass talk was not necessary in my book. Hell I am southern and a Redneck from way back but I am saying in my neck of the woods with the mouths on them guy's one of us would have been loosing teeth. Stupid is as Stupid Does. So says Forest Gump .

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 01:50 AM

I spend most of the year on the Mississippi gulf coast. Go to the race track in Gulfport every week. They have racers from Alabama , Mississippi and Louisiana ,even some of the ones that are on the NewOrleans show and I have never once heard anybody talk like that, I can understand them just fine. I'm from Michigan and they say I have a accent but they can understand me when I talk.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
I dont think it really cool for all the crazy talk, but in my opinion its one of the best shows they have had, even if the car didnt drag the bumper, they went to JJ-s city, do folks expect him to bend over and grab his ankles or get out the picnic blanket?

So hes Cajun, and an interesting fact while I looked something up from wiki....estimates that 89% of Cajuns have no African or Native American ancestors...... not many of us can say that. So the white man must be really stupid?

So he talked a bit crazy over CARS, its not like the cali show where the dude had veins on his forehead, spits on others and one worries if next out comes the heater.

To me it looked like he was very passionate about what he does and why he was there, the trash talk didnt look personal.

Look, he made chief give up his shoes, thats worth something.

Has anyone forgot the money that changed hands on that one show? You cant tell me the gambler in vegas or the guy at the horse track dont get hyped up.

iagree Watch the episode a few times and you can see that JJ loosened up a lot and finally came around. H asn't as bad as some say. IMO this was the best eisode yet.
BTW, is there something wrong with Chiefs shoulders? He's got a chronic shoulder twitch real bad now.
Posted By: mopar97

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 04:25 AM

The talk is part of the deal. Get under the others guys skin anyway possible. Then the race is tilted in your favor. Like I said, don't let the talk fool ya...
Posted By: topside

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 04:31 AM

Hurt it in the Crow wreck, apparently; he mentioned a few episodes ago that he'd postponed shoulder surgery to do the CrowMod.
As far as accents, I enjoy them, from pretty much anywhere. We all have them, I think. Sometimes my Chicago accent still comes through, and I haven't lived there for over 50 years.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 04:37 AM

laugh2.... I'd a had those shoes and socks on Ebay with no reserve so fast it would have made your head spin!! just to rub it in more!

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/01/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
laugh2.... I'd a had those shoes and socks on Ebay with no reserve so fast it would have made your head spin!! just to rub it in more!

Me too !!!
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 12:11 AM

Season finale for the OKC show tonight. It should be a great one, and it's two hours.

Dennis
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 12:39 AM

anyone know if Dave's car has a stock wheel base car or stretch? Haven't seen a lot of the SO this season and seen the episode with him running in the 75000.00 dollar race and thought he did pretty well against the promods,he went 8 rounds devil
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 01:01 AM

Daddy Daves car has the stock wheel base.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer

I was waiting and hoping for that to happen! LOL Chief demonstrated incredible restraint, IMO.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 05:36 PM

Finally caught the episode everybody was talking about yesterday as a replay, it wasn't near as bad as I was led to believe. That definitely seemed closer to the street racing I've seen in Detroit. It also seemed like JJ was pedaling it a bunch of times trying to get the front end down but it just wasn't happening.

On the new episode, Petey Smallblock beating Murder Nova with his Camaro was incredible to see, too. I think he has a 440" SB2.2 motor in there. Detroit made a mistake not bringing Johnny Quick, and NY had no realistic chance with only 3 cars. It looked like Petey's car laid down racing Doc.
Posted By: A/MP

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 06:20 PM

How about Chief, at the very end of the show, giving up on the crowmod in lieu of a street racer. Shaw just built one. Competition is too tight when everyone comes to a gunfight with a bazooka.
Posted By: caper

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 06:27 PM

I watched it with my 8 year old grandson and we loved it. Had some good laughs. Lighten up, some of you guys are wound so tight.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 06:33 PM

Great episode. I really thought it was going to be a Detroit/OKC final. Some of Detroits picks were definitely questionable.

Dennis

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 07:10 PM

Chief has NEVER been in love with the Crowmod as it relates to street racing. He just thought things were moving that way. Now with backlash from viewers PLUS many no prep promoters aiming to keep those type cars out, he is building another Lemans. Its nearly done
Posted By: EV2DEMON

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By cudaboy
Great episode. I really thought it was going to be a Detroit/OKC final. Some of Detroits picks were definitely questionable.

Dennis

Agreed, one of the better episodes so far. Not too much drama, just good racing.

Gotta say though, the Farmtruck fishing BS is getting pretty lame lately.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 07:33 PM

It's lame to us............but when you see hundreds and hundreds of people lined up to see those two wherever they show up, it shows they are likely the MOST popular to the general audience.

At the last race I saw them at, their display, which consists of two or 3 trailers, several tents and various cars was huge. Its just a large, roped off compound.....LOL!!! There were two lines. One where you just walked up and bought stuff. The other, you bought stuff and got to meet them and get your stuff signed. The "signing" line had theatre type barricades that held about 100 people from table to end of line. The whole weekend, those barricades were full and then about 100 people behind that. The walk up and buy line? Never saw more than a handful of people in that one.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 08:08 PM

Just goes to show - Drag Racing is as much about the characters as it is the cars - something NHRA and IHRA still forgets - the fans pay the bills and you need to draw them in for the show - no matter how ridiculous it seams! look back at history - there were outrageous cars and people storming the tracks and autorama shows all over the country - it worked then it will work now - entertain the fan and the money follows.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl
Finally caught the episode everybody was talking about yesterday as a replay, it wasn't near as bad as I was led to believe. That definitely seemed closer to the street racing I've seen in Detroit. It also seemed like JJ was pedaling it a bunch of times trying to get the front end down but it just wasn't happening.

On the new episode, Petey Smallblock beating Murder Nova with his Camaro was incredible to see, too. I think he has a 440" SB2.2 motor in there. Detroit made a mistake not bringing Johnny Quick, and NY had no realistic chance with only 3 cars. It looked like Petey's car laid down racing Doc.

Yes Petes car is a 440 sb2 with a cast intake and one carb. Pretty cool to see it out run the nova. Shawns new car isn't a pro mod and is actually a new small block from pro line.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 09:07 PM

Pete's car was a good match for the Nova. He is likely 1000lbs lighter than Murder Nova. Doc's car was another matter. While lighter than Doc, it's not near that much. If Doc made a clean hit, Pete had no chance and he knew it
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/03/17 09:51 PM

It's lame to us............but when you see hundreds and hundreds of people lined up to see those two wherever they show up, it shows they are likely the MOST popular to the general audience.

At the last race I saw them at, their display, which consists of two or 3 trailers, several tents and various cars was huge. Its just a large, roped off compound.....LOL!!! There were two lines. One where you just walked up and bought stuff. The other, you bought stuff and got to meet them and get your stuff signed. The "signing" line had theatre type barricades that held about 100 people from table to end of line. The whole weekend, those barricades were full and then about 100 people behind that. The walk up and buy line? Never saw more than a handful of people in that one.

Glad those guys are making money at it. Hell I hope they are all banking whatever they can get.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 12:12 AM

1967- do you know if Petey is running a plate kit or a fogger? Single kit, right?

Monte- I was a little surprised Doc did so well against Pete, only because he seems evenly matched with Shawn almost every time they raced this past season. I remember Shawn only getting gapped once, the other matchups were close.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 01:10 AM

Chief has NEVER been in love with the Crowmod as it relates to street racing. He just thought things were moving that way. Now with backlash from viewers PLUS many no prep promoters aiming to keep those type cars out, he is building another Lemans. Its nearly done

Glad to hear he's building another "street" car. wink Pro Mods just don't do it for me, at least. I can take stock-appearing types much better. up
Pretty sad that Chief didn't take the Crowmod after being told no one else was, then several showed up. Did make for some good racing though.

Tim
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By DoubleD
Just goes to show - Drag Racing is as much about the characters as it is the cars - something NHRA and IHRA still forgets - the fans pay the bills and you need to draw them in for the show - no matter how ridiculous it seams! look back at history - there were outrageous cars and people storming the tracks and autorama shows all over the country - it worked then it will work now - entertain the fan and the money follows.

Where's Jungle Jim and Jungle Pam when you need them?

The "powers that be" have sanitized and homogenized the fun and spectacle out of drag racing. And we've lost a generation or two because of it. Actually, it's a wonder drag racing has survived at all.

We do need more "characters" and surprises in this sport!
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23

The "powers that be" have sanitized and homogenized the fun and spectacle out of drag racing. And we've lost a generation or two because of it. Actually, it's a wonder drag racing has survived at all.

So true. If you have any personality, the bland people whine.
Posted By: keefe

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist

So true. If you have any personality, the bland people whine.

iagree
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 03:30 AM

the way Doc was making passes I was hoping he'd call Shawn out just for kicks! Seemed like that car was ON!!

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 03:42 AM

1967- do you know if Petey is running a plate kit or a fogger? Single kit, right?

Monte- I was a little surprised Doc did so well against Pete, only because he seems evenly matched with Shawn almost every time they raced this past season. I remember Shawn only getting gapped once, the other matchups were close.
Shawn is Doc's kryptonite for some reason. If you look back, every time Shawn beats him, Doc is bad late or spins the tires. When he makes a clean hit and leaves with Shawn, he puts several cars on him. Shawns car isn't as fast as several out there. He just gets down when it counts

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 05:54 AM

Two foggers if I remember correctly. It's the motor out of his mustang "sandy" that he has raced in x275 and nitrous x. Was a fast as 4.60s in the mustang with 275 tires, and I am sure at more weight then what that camaro weighted.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 05:57 AM

I was really impressed that he made as good of passes as he did. That car was thrown together the two weeks before they shot the show. He had no test hits on the car before they left for OKC.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/04/17 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

Two foggers if I remember correctly. It's the motor out of his mustang "sandy" that he has raced in x275 and nitrous x. Was a fast as 4.60s in the mustang with 275 tires, and I am sure at more weight then what that camaro weighted.

I remember Sandy, when "EP" owned it, and Mark from MTK's welding drove it.
It had a tall deck big block Chevy in it then.

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/05/17 03:46 AM

It turned into the John Force show. it became so bad, they wouldn't even interview a driver that beat him, they'd just interview Force, and let him babble like he was the drunk uncle at Thanksgiving.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street outlaws ....finally ! - 01/05/17 04:14 AM

The last couple episodes were great, my 17 year old son isn't into cars like I am but he was glued to the tv for both of them, I love it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums