Moparts

Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid

Posted By: Silver70

Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 06:03 PM

I watch a lot of the no prep racing on youtube, in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSsqXT8g1I

Anyone know anything about the car? Not often I see vids with mopars going rounds like this one did.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 06:16 PM

Boy, that thing went down the track like it was on rails. It didn't move or bounce any.
Posted By: FastmOp

Hate tank. Chevy powered
Posted By: SpareParts

Turbo SBC, very fast car. His name is Dan Beltcher and he is kind of a scary dude lol. Good guy but can be very intimidating when he needs to be.
It's on ladder bars and a very modified LRT k member.

It looks heavy but looks are very deceiving

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
Boy, that thing went down the track like it was on rails. It didn't move or bounce any.

https://youtu.be/hta04mkUndk

How it usually goes (unfortunately)
We race the same event so I see him a few times a year

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 06:25 PM

No surprise on the gm power plant, kind of figured that, still a cool car. Guess now I know why I didn't see it discussed here laugh2

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 06:35 PM

If I remember right it was mopar power once, way slower and he realized it just cost too much to get where he wanted to go. To put it in perspective, him vs digby... I may bet on Dan
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
him vs digby... I may bet on Dan

I bet you lose. Digby is going for number 1 this year..
Posted By: Eric

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By HOTMOPR

That car doesn't look remotely as fast as Digby from what I can see.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 09:37 PM

I think you would be wrong in that conclusion.

Remains to be seen how fast Digby's car will be in the turbo combo and the nitrous combo was off the pace a bit.

And to be the "man" in the leaf spring class he chooses to run in..........he needs to go 4.30s in great conditions and .40s all the time. At least at the big races

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 11:03 PM

Who is Digby? I have no idea who you guys are talking about.

Edit... found a vid and info with google

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By HOTMOPR

My mistake, I forgot about the turbo swap. I was thinking his nitrous combo. Hate Tank did beat Lukas' car the Fugitive this year, twin turbo Disomma motor

Keep in mind you are seeing Hate Tank on a no prep track. At a prep race we have a car in our camp he beat and that thing would be out on Digby.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/16/16 11:53 PM

You guys do know that Digsby already raced the car with the new turbo and she ran pretty good. Or did you guys miss that

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 12:00 AM

I don't Facebook for updates lol what'd it run? It went 4.50's on the nitrous right? Kinda what I'm basing this on
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 12:24 AM

I don't Facebook for updates lol what'd it run? It went 4.50's on the nitrous right? Kinda what I'm basing this on

Its gone quicker than that now but since some guys keep secretes I won't post how fast he's gone. But its quicker than 4.50's

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 12:34 AM

Digby has never run NT or kept secrets lol and I promise if you (or others who don't know him personally) know what it ran... it's not a secret

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Its gone quicker than that now but since some guys keep secretes I won't post how fast he's gone. But its quicker than 4.50's
It better be. Not trying to throw shade on Jason, but he is trying to play in the big boy pond. It's "Fast for a Mopar" won't cut it there. It's got a head that most relate to a Big Chief........so it needs to run like one.

In addition to Leaf Spring, I think he said the car would be legal for LDR(Limited Drag Radial) or OL275 with current combo. Needs to at least go 20s in those classes. LDR winner went 4.11 at Ducks race in final

He has good people helping him. Wade at Southern Speed knows exactly what it takes to play.........so they should be fine with time
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 01:07 AM

he's been in the 40's

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 01:26 AM

That's not bad at all. I agreen tho it needs to run a fair amount faster than that, especially where he is.
When I say grudge cars around here I mean it. NMCA champ Anthony Manna was a big grudge racer around here, he went legit and showed times... it went 4.23 and he had been beat heads up plenty of times around here by small tire cars. Stuff is just that fast now.

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 02:17 AM

But the thing about Grudge racing, is just because a car with posted times gets knocked off, doesn't always mean the car that beat them runs quicker. Just did on THAT pass. That's why it's grudge racing..........LOL!!!

The other night with a customers car, we beat a car that's been 5.0s. Beat him twice and never went near a 5.0 nothing............LOL!!!

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 02:37 AM

True, but did both cars make straight hard passes? Lol Monte we both know anything can happen, he'll I have a small block mopar street car on 26s that's beat up on cars with 28s and/or big blocks

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 03:01 AM

Yes, two clean passes. We beat him on the tree twice and although he has BEEN 0s before, he didn't go 0s that night. He ran quicker than us both passes, but our driver got it done.........LOL!!!

He thought it would be easy I guess. 2500lb Mustang with a really nice 434 Chevy motor. We had a 2900lb Mustang with a 370" Ford motor. 15 is as fast as we have been
Posted By: hustlin hoosier

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 04:12 AM

I think Dans car is a bbc. From the races I have seen Hate Tank is faster than Digby. Dan is from northern Indiana. He is regular at Morocco.

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By hustlin hoosier
I think Dans car is a bbc. From the races I have seen Hate Tank is faster than Digby. Dan is from northern Indiana. He is regular at Morocco.

Dude don't break their hearts lol don't want them hating you too!
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 07:51 PM

Dude put down the kool-aid....Ain't no way that car is faster than Digsby
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 07:55 PM

I have seen that runner at US131 several times for grudge stuff. Seems to always go down the track.
Gun to my head I would guess it probably runs 5.20- 5.40 or so. No way it's a 4 sec car. It doesn't " dissapear" like a 4 sec car does. Just smooth and steady.
Posted By: misfired

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/17/16 10:44 PM

Not trying to be a d-bag, but you really think a 5.2 could go that many rounds at redemption? Hell a 5.2 won't win a 26" no prep race...

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By misfired
Not trying to be a d-bag, but you really think a 5.2 could go that many rounds at redemption? Hell a 5.2 won't win a 26" no prep race...

He was far from the fastest at the small grudge races I have been to at 131. Maybe I am wrong on the Et. But I have watched a ton of cars go down the track since I started racing in the early 70's.
Didn't look nearly as quick to me as the Silver Bullet Cuda watching it at Norwalk. That runs 4.80's-90's

The other thing is maybe the guy has turned the wick up. Last time I saw the car was summer before last.

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 02:05 AM

That thing could go 5.20's knocking the tires off. Misfired knows fast cars... he works on them, has stuff that would make a lot of us (myself included) look like dump trucks

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 03:40 AM

That thing could go 5.20's knocking the tires off. Misfired knows fast cars... he works on them, has stuff that would make a lot of us (myself included) look like dump trucks
Still ain't fast enuff to beat digsby....Heck i got a roadrunner I'll race him and i only go 5.70's down hill

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 04:14 AM

If you wanna pay him go for it lol. You guys really think he's so slow lock in with him.... bet nobody does

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:43 AM

If you wanna pay him go for it lol. You guys really think he's so slow lock in with him.... bet nobody does
You looking for a bet whats your bet?
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:47 AM

Sure I will bet some money, when you locking in and where are you going to race?

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By old yeller
You looking for a bet whats your bet?

You vs hate Tank I'll take Hate Tank. Come to KOTS and do 8t 1st round. Then you a shot at 10k pot

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt
Sure I will bet some money, when you locking in and where are you going to race?

Who ya got?
Posted By: hustlin hoosier

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:23 PM

If you are talking about how fast Hate Tank is, look at it like this . We have been in the lanes with him many times. We went 5.00
like a bracket car. He out run us by more than 4 cars. I don't know how fast he went, but is a hell of a lot faster than 5.20 - 5.4

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 05:30 PM

If you are talking about how fast Hate Tank is, look at it like this . We have been in the lanes with him many times. We went 5.00
like a bracket car. He out run us by more than 4 cars. I don't know how fast he went, but is a hell of a lot faster than 5.20 - 5.4

Like I said, saw it summer before last. Might have stepped it up since then

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/18/16 11:09 PM

Just because it looks smooth......does NOT make it slow. That's what makes it fast. I have seen several of the cars in that video on the clocks. That Runner is an EASY mid 4 sec car.

Hell the damn Farmtruck goes 5.40s and your telling me that Runner don't look faster? Somebody needs their eyes checked.......LOL!!!!
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/19/16 12:08 AM

Watch one of Rob Goss's mid 4 passes, does NOT impressed the eyes. Very nonviolent when it runs.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/19/16 02:08 AM

Hell the damn Farmtruck goes 5.40s and your telling me that Runner don't look faster? Somebody needs their eyes checked.......LOL!!!!
Really....Wow.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Flat black roadrunner at redemption 6.0 youtube vid - 12/22/16 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

Hell the damn Farmtruck goes 5.40s

that scares me... although at my home track there is a p.o.s. ford stepside that goes like that... come to think of it, that one scares me too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums