Moparts

Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440

Posted By: Dizimhoff

Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 01:40 AM

This is my first post so thanks for having me. I don't get how to post images from my computer so I'll try a written description of these lifters. They came in a drag car I just bought that hasn't been run in over 20 years. Any help would be great.

The upper part of the lifters is like half a tube with two vertical slots in it to guide the tie bar. The tie bars are loose and have open forked ends that engage a stud inside the lifter. The pushrod seats are loose also. A picture is worth a lot of words; I wish I could show them. The seller told me they were Jesel but he's completely clueless about everything else in this motor other than that it was built by Bob Lambeck around 1994 so I don't trust him. The lifter bores are bushed BTW. These lifters don't look like anything I can find on the net. Thanks for any help!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 01:51 AM

Maybe some of the guys will post pics of different
lifters and label or tell you which is which
EDIT
by the way...welcome
wave
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:03 AM

Those sound like the older Mopar brand or maybe even the good Engle ones luck
Measure the O.D. of the main lifter body and post that, also measure the wheel diameters on all of them and post that on here also up Most of the better Jesel race roller lifters are larger diameter than the stock Mopar .903 or .904 O.D. bodies scope
I bought and used the Mopar solid roller lifters in the late 1990s and early 2000s thinking they where the Engles, they weren't whiney My set broke two wheels into multiple parts, not the needles, without warning so I ended up replacing them after the second one broke with a good set of the Crower Ultra lifters with their .820 diameter wheels thumbs
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:10 AM

Welcome aboard. I'm using Herbert lifters. They don't sound anything like mine.

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:30 AM

The body is .903" and the roller is .816". I'm still working on how to post pics. Thanks!
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:33 AM

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-829-2
I have the comp 829-2 rollers but don't sound like what you have there
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:42 AM

Sound like Engel lifters to me.

Don't think Jesel made lifters with a noncaptive link bar.
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 02:57 AM

my guess would be an older set of isky had a set once and sounds like your description to a tee
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 08:39 AM

Don't sound like mine either. I don't know what mine are either. Outta some ex pro stock hemi.

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 08:56 AM

What color are the tie guide bars, gold or black?

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/08/16 09:28 PM

Used my phone and process of elimination, I found out they're Engle lifters. It did take a while. The guide bars are natural steel. They haven't made them for a long time but thanks for the info that they're supposed to be high quality. Much appreciated.

Re: Can you ID my roller lifters? RB/440 - 12/09/16 03:00 AM

The original Mopar Engle early solid roller lifters had a longer skirt on the oil galley side than on the tie bar side also scope
I wish that I could still buy them whiney
© 2024 Moparts Forums