Moparts

Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone!

Posted By: GY3

Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 05:28 AM

http://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Stock/1827...Best-Parts.html

Hmmmmm
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:01 AM

I wish!
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:04 AM

So they decided they suck or what?
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:33 AM

Well..I asked Richard Freeman last Thursday at Vegas Race, he said that Elite was going back to GM. Asked if I wanted to buy one or both...I should of said I want something could win...LOL

Forgot to ask about the sponsorship, if it was a one year deal or does it go with Jeggy somewhere else....
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:37 AM

I'm figuring Jeggie will be back in a Chevy next year if he races. He tends to jump on what's winning and jump off when it's not.

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:57 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
So they decided they suck or what?

Looks that way...

Johnsons have extended sponsorship from Marathon for next year.

Ironic in that they're the only Mopar left standing yet Mopar treated them like crap and pulled sponsorship last year. spank

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 07:24 AM

Just think if they would've just helped AJ and Barton with all that wasted money they gave to Elite, what a freakin joke.
Posted By: keefe

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I'm figuring Jeggie will be back in a Chevy next year if he races. He tends to jump on what's winning and jump off when it's not.

iagree
Posted By: Iowan

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 08:51 AM

Nice bracket cars.....
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 05:44 PM

I talked to Rick Jones earlier this season at the Seattle National, he showed us around the cars and haulers, it was very cool.

He said their (ELITE) mopar engine program was down 60 horsepower compared to the GM stuff they also built. Hard to compete when you're that far behind.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 06:18 PM

Nick Ferri could not wake any power with a Hemi the last time he had a program. I knew this would fail. I bet EE & Jeggie are hard to live with knowing there is no way to win. I figured they would be back to GM next year after sucking what funds they could from Mopar to ease the learning costs for the FI deal.

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 07:16 PM

Serves Mopar right.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 08:53 PM

No matter who owns Chrysler, things never change. They do not give the guys that invest their lives into running a Chrysler product and developing a certain motor or product line enough backing. The good guys that live for this never seem to get what they need in money or backing from Chrysler and these guys are loyal to the Pentastar. Were are all the new Iron Second Gen Hemi Blocks that Chrysler said they were coming out with. What ever happened to the SRT program of Darrel Cox that ran a 4 Cylinder program for Chrysler and put his Neon into the 7 second bracket (Quarter Mile Time) and then had his funding taken away and I believe had his car taken back by Chrysler. Chrysler needs to step up and help out these builders and racers.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 09:06 PM

Elite showed up at a Local test and tune earlier this year. Erica was driving one of Jeg's Darts but it had a GM motor in it.

I was rather surprised to see Elite and Erica show up for a $22 test and tune.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 09:59 PM

Quote:
[/quote]I talked to Rick Jones earlier this season at the Seattle National[quote]

I was right down the aisle from them! You don't come say hi anymore? shruggy
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/02/16 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Quote:
I talked to Rick Jones earlier this season at the Seattle National
Quote:

I was right down the aisle from them! You don't come say hi anymore? shruggy

I was running Super Street all weekend with ya! I was just parked at the total opposite end of the facility.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 12:23 AM

Maybe Allen and Roy will buy them for about 50 cents on the dollar and make them run. boogie
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 02:02 AM

Do they take Paypal???

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Maybe Allen and Roy will buy them for about 50 cents on the dollar and make them run. boogie

That would be funny! Especially if they put their engines and setups in them and went faster...

Think anything south of $100k would take one home?
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 03:14 AM

I will put this in the club newsletter and see if we can organize a few car wash fundraisers...we will probably have to wash every car in Tacoma at least once to come up with the dough.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 04:51 PM

Maybe mopar should call Charlie andgive him some funding he's been working on the new hemi in the mustang no one will out work him that's for sure would be interesting for sure
Posted By: BradH

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 05:08 PM

Hmmm... they don't have a forward-facing scoop... so they must be street legal, right? wink

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Hmmm... they don't have a forward-facing scoop... so they must be street legal, right? wink

Are you planning a Discovery Channel debut on Street Outlaws?

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

You bet! Here's my plan:
1. Get divorced a 2nd time & give the wife full custody of the 3 children
2. Raid my 401(k) to get the $$$ necessary to buy & build the ex-Pro Stock car into a "Street Outlaw" car
3. Go broke finishing it and alienate my ex-wife #2 & kids
4. Beg, borrow & steal my way onto "Street Outlaws" and call out Farm Truck for the right to challenge for the #10 spot
5. Get my nuts cut off on the tree by Farm Truck, then lose control of my car at about the 330' mark and roll it into a ditch, destroying everything I've sacrificed since Step 1 of my plan for about 4 seconds of "fame", plus any pre-race interview time & post-wreck footage
6. Load my now-trashed ex-Pro Stocker onto the back of the rent-a-flatbed that caused me to maxed out my Visa card
7. Drive home in total disgust & disgrace
8. Post about it on Moparts
9. Hang myself

Sounds pretty well thought out, right? Guess I'll start by telling the wife tonight at HER BIRTHDAY DINNER. whistling
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

You bet! Here's my plan:
2. Raid whats left of my 401(k) to get the $$$ necessary to buy & build the ex-Pro Stock car into a "Street Outlaw" car
4. Beg, borrow & steal my way onto "Street Outlaws" and call out Farm Truck for the right to challenge for the #10 spot
5. Get my nuts cut off on the tree by Farm Truck, then lose control of my car at about the 330' mark and roll it into a ditch, destroying everything I've sacrificed since Step 1 of my plan for about 4 seconds of "fame", plus any pre-race interview time & post-wreck footage
6. Load my now-trashed ex-Pro Stocker onto the back of the rent-a-flatbed that caused me to maxed out my Visa card
9. Hang myself

Sounds pretty well thought out, right? Guess I'll start by telling the wife tonight at HER BIRTHDAY DINNER. whistling

Fixed. biggrin
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Originally Posted By GY3

You bet! Here's my plan:
2. Raid whats left of my 401(k) to get the $$$ necessary to buy & build the ex-Pro Stock car into a "Street Outlaw" car
9. Hang myself

Fixed. biggrin

Ho hum tired Already been done...many times.

Might be a good deal, if you can pick it up at Pomona after they are done with first round and before they have an opportunity to get it back to the shop do any "make it suitable for public consumption" activities.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 10:04 PM

That's some funny sh#%%#%t right there. Lol

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/03/16 11:42 PM

You forgot the part where you sell a buttload of t-shirts and make enough money to hit the reset button and do it all over again! thumbs

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By GY3
You forgot the part where you sell a buttload of t-shirts and make enough money to hit the reset button and do it all over again! thumbs

Oh, right. I can have people prop me up in my full bodycast next to the still-smoking wreckage and have folks drop $20 into a bucket placed at my feet to buy one of my autographed "Big Fool!" t-shirts.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By GY3

Oh, right. I can have people prop me up in my full bodycast next to the still-smoking wreckage and have folks drop $20 into a bucket placed at my feet to buy one of my autographed "Big Fool!" t-shirts.

Autograph them before the full body cast, it will be easier. I think this could work for you....unless you used a dodge engine, transmission or differential then it won't be fast enough to roll.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 03:34 AM

If one of you guys will sponsor me, (giving me the Jegs car as a roller) I'll put a billet twin turbo Hemi in it and bust Big Chiefs head lol

I have the hemi, 😃
Posted By: LA360

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 10:21 AM

http://www.elitemotorsportsllc.com/produ...s-every-option/

I didn't see their add on Racing Junk, how much am I going to need to win in the lottery?

http://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Stock/182782307/2016-American-Ethanol-Haas-Dodge-Dart-.html#1

This would have a Madcap engine?
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 04:26 PM

Wow ! Big surprise .... Not Serves Mopar right for taking the sponsorship from A.J. A true Mopar guy not a GM convert that took the $$$ and couldn't make it work... They would make a good 11.50 index car however but would need one heckuva throttle stop.

Attached picture IMG_0565.jpg
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/04/16 10:28 PM

The Mopar deal expires after the last race,so you all know whats going to happen.

Elite will be all GM in 2017.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/05/16 12:29 AM

I'm too apethetic to search, but, why is the mopar power plant down on hp, compared to the GM setup?

Re: Get your Pro Stock Darts before they're all gone! - 11/07/16 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By Leigh
I'm too apethetic to search, but, why is the mopar power plant down on hp, compared to the GM setup?

The Johnsons won Mile High in Denver so I can't think that team is too far down on horsepower. Maybe Elite Motorsports didn't have the ability (or time) to make them work?
© 2024 Moparts Forums