Moparts

Frost in trailer revisited

Posted By: Leigh

Frost in trailer revisited - 10/23/16 08:12 PM

Experimenting this winter, with a Maxxair vent. Looking for more airflow, and am hoping this will help.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/23/16 11:36 PM

Here's the dilemma ... you can blow all the air you want through there BUT the outside air will warm up faster than anything you store in the trailer will SO the warm, humid outside air will condense when it contacts any cold surface or item in your trailer. The additional airflow could cause more condensation than no airflow at all. Other than a heater in the trailer I think you're fighting a losing battle.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 12:31 AM

Very sound thinking. Since it's not possible to heat it, maybe time for some kind of desiccant system?
Posted By: caper

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 01:24 AM

Bail hay spread out on the floor to suck up the moisture.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 03:05 AM

What all are you storing in the trailer? If its just a car and I wanted to keep it protected I think I'd do this ...

Buy one of those large storage bags and drive the car in. Wait for a cold day when the humidity is low - middle of winter works - and then use a shop vac to suck the bag tight to the car. Seal the bag.

Now the only moisture to form on the car itself will be the minimal amount in the bag. Moisture in the outside air will condense on the outside of the bag, not on the car.

Just a thought.
Posted By: lockjaw-express

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 03:33 AM

I keep a ceramic cube heater in my trailer in the winter...works great!

I got mine from West Marine, and it has a tip over sensor, and thermostat. I set mine for 50 degrees, and no moisture!

Regards, Mark
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 05:05 PM

I use DampRid Hanging moisture absorbing bags in my racecar and trailer. They're easy to hang from rollbar tubes. You can watch them fill up with water over time. I've got a few friends who use them now as well. I've had much better luck with the bags over the tubs that they also sell.

Not sure how well they will work in an environment where its constantly frozen though.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZDOQEI/ref=twister_B017T17DVQ?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

$7.97 for 3 bags is a cheap experiment. They work great up here in the Pacific Northwest.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 10:09 PM

We live in the desert so no moisture issues. Problem solved come to the southwest smile
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 10/24/16 11:13 PM

Maryland isn't the southwest smile
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 11/05/16 06:40 AM

But a small box fan in the trailer on low and close the door. Try it, the slow air flow does the job. Hope this helps. Beep
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Frost in trailer revisited - 11/05/16 06:41 AM

But a small box fan in the trailer on low and close the door. Try it, the slow air flow does the job. Hope this helps. Beep
© 2024 Moparts Forums